1. Human beings, as distinct from ________ animals, can think for themselves.
2. I'm very tired - I ________ all morning.
3. Don't touch that wire or you may get an electric ________.
4. By then I ________ my driving test, I hope.
5. When you do a favour for someone, don't expect anything ________.
6. How much snow ________ now?
7. His office is only ________ away.
8. Tommy had his big brother ________ his shoes for him.
9. Give me the message to ________ is at the desk!
10. A cold wind ________ for the last three days.
11. I wanted some coffee but there was ________ in the pot.
12. Your mother and I are looking forward ________ you.
13. - Do you want to wait? - Two weeks ________ too long for me to wait.
14. Almost everyone fails ________ the driver's test on the first try.
15. He ________ for a job for some weeks but he has not found one.
16. Al's doctor insists ________ for a few days.
17. I intended to write to you several times, but something was always ________.
18. I was just ________ to go out when you telephoned.
19. He's not very sensible as far as money ________ are concerned.
20. The policeman told the driver to pull over and asked, ________.