I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others:
II. Choose the best answer A, B, C or D for each sentence.
1. Marie Curie was born ________ November 7, 1867.
Computer models help to determine whether a particular area is likely to flood.
3. Let me give you a little ________ about the president of the company.
4. Jane is always determined to do anything she wants. She’s a ________ woman.
He passed his exams with flying colour.
She harboured her hope of being a teacher.
7. He behaved like an adult. I think he is more ________ than the other boys in his class.
8. The new road should help ________ traffic problems.
9. There is no ________ explanation for what happened.
10. The new surgeon will ________ her post in May.
11. The man looked familiar. I ________ him somewhere before.
12. Last night a tornado swept through Rockville. It ________ everything in its path.
13. In spite of ________, we decided to go out.
14. When we __________ the bill, we left the restaurant.
15. When the firework ____________ off, the dog __________ away.
16. In 1903, Marie became the first woman __________ a Doctor of Science degree.
17. The police officer stopped us and asked us where __________.
18. Annie found the souvenirs __________ she wanted at the gift shop.
19. He has much difficulty _______ Spanish.
20. The students were made _______ hard.
21. What about ________ lunch in the garden?
22. My sister is looking forward _______ your country.
23. We can’t help _______ he’s still alive.
24. She finds ________ the guitar interesting.
25. I’d rather ________ at home than go out.
26. It is very kind of you _________ me with my homework.
27. The foreigners are not used _________ the chopsticks.
28. You must ________ careful when _________ the zebra-crossing.
29. Linda felt better after _________ some medicine.
30. My friends decided _________ on a picnic this Sunday.
31. She loves ________ children.
32. Mr. Brown gets a mechanic _________ his car.
33. I prefer ________ football matches to _________ it.
34. Are you contented ___________ your present job, Mrs Tuyet?
35. I was late for school this morning because my alarm clock didn’t go ___________.
36. What lesson do you have at 8:00 on Monday?
37. “___________ do you get to school?” – “ By bike”
38. They like learning about a ___________ culture.
39. If you want to sell your house, why not putting an ___________ on television.
40. Mr.Lam goes to school on foot once a week. It means he ___________ walks to work.
41. Nam's Grandfather ___________ two years ago.
42. Lan and Hoa ___________ us every Summer.
43. He ___________ to the library today.
44. Miss Thu ___________ that book last night.
45. The Earth ___________ round the Sun once every 365 days.
John isn’t content with his present salary.
47. I ___________ the Buffalo to the field at 6.00 am.
Mr. Vy’s occupation is a farmer.
The alarm goes off at 5.00.
50. What _________ to you yesterday morning?
51. We were watching TV when the lights______out.
52. He_______ the piano everyday.
53. When the teacher_________the room, the student were talking.
54. She looked in her mirror_______an ambulance behind her.
55. Peter says that he is very contented ______ what we do.
56. Are they happy with their lives or not?
57. When does he have a civic Education lesson?
58. Students should____________to raise questions in class.
59. I am going to the_________to borrow some books.
60. It is compulsory for students in some schools_________uniforms.
61. At school, students usually take part in_______money for charity.
62. Would you like something to_________?
- Yes, a glass of orange juice please.
63. Children have to_________a lot of homework at home.
64. He failed the exams_________his laziness.
65. They usually spend two hours_____TV after dinner.