Choose the word which has the position of stress differs from the others.
Choose the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
Cutting down on energy use is the best way to help reduce global warming.
We should grow more trees so that they can absorb more carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.
Releasing too much carbon dioxide into the atmosphere can lead to global warming.
Farmers turned to bio-fertilisers after they had been told about the dangers of chemical fertilisers.
The factory owner denied having said that he should take responsibility for the damage that his factory caused to the surrounding environment.
Choose the letter A, B, c, or D to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
We may help to control global warming by reducing carbon footprints in our homes.
Everyone should remember to switch off the lights before going out.
It is important to raise money to help people who have to suffer consequences of global warming.
Many species are threatened with extinction due to deforestation and loss of habitat.
Our city is going to ban supermarkets from using plastic bags.
Choose the correct answer for each following question.
1. Even when arrested, he denied __________ cut down that tree.
2. Those farmers admitted ___________having used more chemical fertilizers than needed.
3. He forgot ________ promised to cut down on the carbon dioxide emissions into the atmosphere.
4. I remembered having __________ off the lights before leaving home.
5. He regretted not__________ registered for military Service last spring.
6. Nam: What are the main threats to the environment today?
7. Lan: How can ordinary people help protect the environment?
8. Nam: Do you do anything to protect the environment?
9. Lan: What solution to air pollution can you suggest?
10. Nam: What is the biggest environmental problem facing our country?