Mark the letter A, B, c, or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
1. I wonder if you could tell me who was awarded the ________ .
2. My dad said that I’d better spend more time on my __________ .
3. He has got a degree _______ Information Technology from Oxford University.
4. I don’t really ______ the point of taking the exam when you are not ready for it.
5. If you’re not sure what “something” means, look it__________ in the dictionary.
6. Mrs Dawson said that we are __________ our lesson in the library next Monday.
7. My dad wants me to go to university, but I’m in __________ minds about it.
8. Yesterday, we had a discussion _____ different cultures.
9. I still have a lot______ about the English language.
10. Belinda missed a few months of school because of illness and found it difficult to keep ______ with her classmates.
11. If you need to _____ the teacher’s attention, just put up your hand.
12. I did six hours of _______ for the test, but I still failed.
13. Please, don’t forget _______ your essays during Friday’s lesson.
14. It’s my ______ ceremony next week; I think my parents are looking forward to it more than I am.
15. Going to university is expensive because in addition to the tuition______ , there are expenses for accommodation, books, living costs, etc.
16. Mum _______ all morning. She ______ lots of Christmas presents.
17. Kevin______ his homework, but he ________ it yet.
18. Pete _______ at Midfield Secondary School since 2006, but he________music in his
19. I_______ the biography of Robbie Williams, but I’m on page 50.
20. Jimmy can go out when he ________for the exam.
21. I _______ the latest Harry Potter book all day. I’m dying to know what happens in the end!
22. So far I ________any of the exams at school.
23. We______ our classroom for the upcoming Teachers’ Day, but there’s still a lot to do.
24. Margaret ________ in the school marathon for charity before.
25. My brother graduated from Hong Kong university of Science and Technology last month and________ for a job since then.