Choose the word whose the underlined part is pronounced differently.
Choose the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
All types of dinosaurs went extinct long time ago.
We need to prepare for our biology assignment about endangered plant species.
These animals are quite vulnerable when living near the industrial zone.
Every year, in Africa a lot of elephants are poached for tusks.
More complex animals gradually evolved from these very simple creatures.
Many species are threatened in the wild due to habitat destruction by man.
These animals are now on the verge of extinction.
This forest contains many rare specie of plants.
Many birds didn't survive the severe winter.
The main threat to the survival of these creatures comes from their loss of habitat.
As soon as we will arrive, we will unpack the car.
By this time next week, I am lying on a beach on the Bahamas.
When I will see him, I will tell him you want to speak to him.
Take a book with you, in case you will have to wait for a long time.
Do you realize that by this time next week we have been in Paris?
Choose the correct answer.
1. Rare animal extinction is one of the ______ things that could have happened.
2. We need to do this ____ than we are at the moment.
3. Mary speaks English better than her sister ____.
4. Looking after a kitten is ____ more difficult than I thought it would be.
5. Living in a big city isn't ____ interesting as I thought it would be.