Choose the word which has the position of stress differs from the three ones.
Choose the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
Darwin's theory of evolution incorporates the principle of natural selection.
Environmentalists try to persuade the governments to see the need to preserve biological diversity.
Through the years they have made significant contributions to species conservation.
There are several reasons why we should protect endangered species.
We need to take action to help preserve fish stocks.
Choose the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
The fire will go out unless we put some more wood on.
Let's clear up this rubbish and put it in the bin.
The environmental pollution level in this area has built up a lot over recent years.
All visitors are kept out of the conservation area.
It is predicted that the natural resources will run out by the end of the century.
Choose the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct response to each of the following exchanges. Two friends Nam and Lan are talking about the topic of endangered species.
1. Nam: Would you like to join my wildlife protection team?
2. Lan: Can we meet this Sunday to discuss our plan for the wildlife protection project?
3. Nam: What do you think about killing animals like dogs and cats for food?
4. Lan: Do you think I should accept an offer to do voluntary work in the zoo?
5. Nam: I'd like to hear your ideas on how to protect vulnerable species.
6. Lan: Do you enjoy visiting zoos?
7. Lan: Have you ever visited a botanical garden or a nature park?
8. Lan: Are you concerned about animals becoming extinct?
9. Nam: What animals in our country are endangered?
10. Lan: How can we protect endangered species?