Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of the primary stress in each of the following questions.
Choose the correct answer.
1. Do you know who ____ the fact that sound travels in waves?
2. I'm thinking of getting a fax ____.
3. The ____ of the outbreak of the disease is still unknown.
4. GPS systems help a lot of people ____ on land, on the sea, and in the air.
5. After the power failure last night, the washing machine started to ____, so I had to wash
the clothes by hands.
6. FM is a method of ____ signals, especially in radio broadcasting.
7. UFO is an acronym for ____ Flying Object.
8. The biggest fear is that humans might ____ control over robots.
9. Researchers have ____ to the conclusion that your personality is affected by your genes.
10. The telescope will photograph distant galaxies, ____ attempt to understand their past.
11. It is likely that artificial intelligence might decide to ____ an end to humanity simply because it surpasses human intelligence.
12. A.I. robots are ____ of having human emotions.
13. I don't think people should be allowed to ____ experiments on animals.
14. Many materials have been used for ____ teeth, including wood.
15. Once they've finished the extension to the ____, there'll be room for them to take on a lot