Find the word which has a different sound in the part underlined.
Choose the best one (A, B, C or D) to complete the sentence or replace the underlined word.
1. About a quarter of ______ accidents are the result of driving under the influence of alcohol.
2. In September, he will visit museums in Berlin then ______ the train to Moscow!
3. People must not ride ______ the pavement.
4. Many children have to take a ______ to get to the nearest school.
5. A student must show the bus driver his/her I.D. each time they get ______ a bus.
6. It will not be easy to get ______ the train since it has few stops.
7. You can go ______ car, a very popular and comfortable way to travel.
8. Do not ______ a bicycle at night unless you wear bright, reflective clothing.
9. From here it is easy to reach the city center on ______.
10. My mother drives me to the bus______ every day.
11. The bus picks ______ passengers outside the airport
11. ______ is an area of road marked with broad black and white lines where vehicles must stop for people to walk across.
12. You have to stop when traffic light turns ______.
13. When riding a skateboard, children should obey all ______.
14. Don’t be surprised if you get stuck in a traffic ______ in the morning when you stay in Ho Chi Minh city.
15. The child always needs to ______ a helmet when riding with you.
Choose the best one (A, B, C or D) to complete the sentence.
1. Mai used to go to school ______ foot.
2. It is 10 kilometers ______ my school ______ my house.
3. She gets ______ the 23rd bus and sits on a chair near the window.
4. I don’t like walking alone in the streets ______ night.
5. When I was young, I used to go to school ______ bike.
6. Don’t get ______ the car until it completely stops.
7. ______ far is it from the market to the post office?
8. It ______ me 15 minutes to walk home from the train station.
9. Jim doesn’t have a girlfriend now but he ______.
10. New York is about 2,900 miles ______ Los Angeles.
Read the following passage and choose the best one (A, B, C or D) to answer each of the following questions.
Traffic jams in Vietnam only frequently take place in Hanoi capital and Ho Chi Minh City. Vietnamese people seem be accustomed to traffic congestion, even miss it whenever they go to other places.
There is no fixed rules for the time the traffic jams to happen but it is worst during the rush hour when everyone is in a hurry to get to work or come back home. Apart from peak hours, the time between 9 am to 10 am and between 3 pm to 4 pm also witnesses long lines of vehicles, mainly motorbikes, struggling to get out of narrow streets. Whenever it rains, the traffic jam gets more terrible with the joining hand of flooding. Taxis are extremely hard to catch or wave during the downpour. However, it only takes about 30 minutes on average for a standstill and 2 hours to get through the worst, not really bad compared to that of other countries.
1. Where do traffic jams in Viet Nam regularly occur?
2. What time are the traffic jams worst?
3. What can we see in the street at the time between 9 am to 10 am?
4. What happens with the traffic congestion when it rains?
5. How long does it take to get through the worst traffic jam?