Choose the word whose the underlined part is pronounced differently.
1. Teenagers in Viet Nam like k- pop, and they like Korean films __________.
2. Water puppetry __________ in the 11th century in the villages of red river delta of north Viet Nam.
3. My brother’s taste in art is quite different __________ mine.
4. The group is __________ for their albums and tours around the world.
5. The film is not __________ long as the film I watched last week.
6. You can see many interesting __________ in that art gallery.
7. I never watch ballet, and my sister doesn’t __________.
8. Classical music is not __________ as pop music.
9. Arts are of great __________ in education, especially for young children.
10. The performances of puppetry show __________ in the countryside and __________.
Complete the following text, using the words in the box.
|saxophone art band concert
pop star singing painting subject
My friend’s name is Peter and he loves music. He is good at (1) _______________ and he can play the guitar. He wants to learn the (2)_______________ when he is a bit older. He is already in a (3)_________________ and they hope to play at the school (4)______________ next term. He is also interested in (5)_______________ so his favourite (6)____________ at school is (7) __________________. But to be honest, he can’t wait to leave school and become a (8)__________________.
Rewrite the sentences using “not as ... as”.
1. The hotel in New York was better than the hotel in California.
→ The hotel in California _________________________
2. French is easier than German.
→ German _____________________
3. Rick is friendlier than Glenn.
→ Genn _____________________
4. Indonesia is hotter than Viet Nam.
→ Viet Nam _____________________
5. Football is more exciting than volleyball.
→ Volleyball ________________________