Circle the word marked A, B, C or D with a different stress pattern from the others.
Choose the correct option for each gap in the sentences.
1. Typhoons are severe tropical storms. They sometimes happen in my _________.
2. When a typhoon happened, many houses and roads __________destroyed or flooded.
3. Last year, there was a big typhoon in my area. It caused extensive damage to our _________
4. The government sent rescue food, drink and medical supplies to _______ homes.
5. All people who were without homes in the flood were provide with ________ accommodation.
6. ___________ is the most common natural disaster in your country? Snowstorms.
7. The ________ buried the whole village while people were sleeping in their houses.
8. ______ workers were sent to the area immediately but no villager was survived when the landslide happened.
9. What __________ we do to prevent these natural disasters?
10. When the earthquake happened, all the building in this area were completely _________.