Choose the best answer in the brackets to complete the following sentences.
1. The student _______ was selected to join the space program is my brother’s friend.
2. They showed me the place _________ the spaceship landed last week.
3. David introduced me to the woman _________ husband is working for NASA.
4. The astronomer __________ you want to meet is going to present a paper at the conference next Friday.
5. The twenty-ninth of May is the day ___________ our astronauts will be returning home.
6. The man with _______ Mr. Khoa is talking has flown into space three times.
7. The satellite __________ was launched into space yesterday belongs to Viet Nam.
8. The space age began in 1957 ____________ the Soviet Union launched Sputnik 1, the world’s first man-made satellite.
9. An astronaut is a person _______ travels in a spacecraft into outer space.
10. The book _________ I’m reading is about the history of space exploration.
Find out the mistake for each following question.
astronaut visited our school yesterday morning has flown into space four times.
had been awarded the title Hero of the SovietUnion after returning from space.
which the space shuttle is going to be launched next week attracts a lot of visitors.
When Alan Shepard
travelled into space in May 1961, Yuri Gagarin became the first person in space on April 12th, 1961.
The rocks my father always
carries them in his bag came from outer space.
Find the word which has a different position of the main stress in each line.
Rewrite each of the following sentences in such a way that it means exactly the same as the sentences written before it, using the suggestions provided.
1. Intel computers are very good. They are made in India. (defining relative clause).
Intel computers _________________________________________
2. This is the newspaper. I want you to buy it. (defining relative clause)
This is the _______________________
3. My cousin often visited me when he lived in Ha Noi. (used to)
My cousin _______________________________
4. She doesn't want to mention the cause. She divorced her husband for this cause. (defining relative clause)
She doesn't want to ____________________________
5. I’ll show you the second-hand bookshop. You can find valuable books in this shop. (defining relative clause)
I’ll show you ___________________