Choose the word which has the position of primary stress differs from the three ones.
Give the correct form of the word in CAPITALS to complete each of the following sentences.
Put the verbs in brackets in the present perfect tense, past simple tense or past perfect tense.
Read the following passage and write T (True) or F (False) for each statement.
Godolphin and Latymer school for girls is a private school in Hammersmith, West London. It was originally a boys’ school, but became a girls’ school in the early 1900s. The girls didn’t wear a uniform. At that time, the school had twelve classrooms, an assembly hall, a library, a cookery room, a gymnasium, and three science laboratories for chemistry, physics and botany. The school had its own playing field, described as “lungs of Hammersmith”, where the girls could play hockey, tennis, basketball and cricket. They had to play games twice a week, with gym once a week. There were 328 girls at the school in 1906. There are now 700 girls aged between 11 and 18 at the school. The younger pupils have to wear uniforms, but girls in the sixth form can wear whatever they like. Several additions have been made to the original Victorian building. Now there is a computer studies room, a language laboratory, a pottery room, a new gymnasium and an ecology garden. The newest buildings contain ten laboratories for science and technology, a workshop and darkroom, and art studios. There are also improved facilities for music and drama. The playing field was recently converted into an all-weather surface for hockey and tennis.
1. Godolphin and Latymer school for girls is a public school in London.
2. The school had over three hundred students in 1906.
3. Nowadays all students of the school have to wear uniforms.
4. The school doesn’t have new facilities for science and technology.
5. Students can play tennis or hockey in the playing field in all kinds of weather.
Complete the second sentence in each pair so that it has a similar meaning to the first
1. Lan went to school after saying goodbye to her parents.
→ After Lan _________________________________________________
2. He was so brave that he ran after the thief to get the bag back.
→ It was _____________________________________________________
3. The number of Vietnamese students studying overseas has increased considerably.
→ There has ________________________________________________
4. I am interested to know that he’s going to invest in Viet Nam.
→ It is ____________________________________________
5. There will be a lot of difficulties in persuading them to leave early.
→ It will be very _____________________________________________