Find the word which has a different sound in the part underlined.
Find the word which has a different position of the main stress in each line.
Choose the correct answer.
1. He was born in London and his first language is ________.
2. She comes from Central Viet Nam and she speaks Vietnamese with a very strong accent so sometimes I can't understand what __________________.
3. In some countries, besides their ___________ tongue, students have to learn another language.
4. He is from Canada and he can speak ____________ languages: English and French.
5. In Viet Nam, English is __________ ________ subject at junior and senior high schools.
Choose the correct option A, B, C or D to complete the sentences.
1. English today is the most _____ spoken language in the world.
2. My friend from India speaks a ______ of English that I sometimes find it hard to understand.
3. When I worked in Canada, I could communicate with people there in French but now I am a ____ rusty.
4. Do you know English is a/an _______ subject in schools in Viet Nam now?
5. I know from my experience that to gain a good ______of a foreign language, one must work hard at it every day.