Tổng hợp bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 1 FRIENDSHIP có đáp án
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 1 FRIENDSHIP có đáp án
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 1 FRIENDSHIP gồm bài tập trắc nghiệm và bài tập tự luận Tiếng Anh 11 có đáp án. Lời giải bài tập unit 1 lớp 11 này tổng hợp kiến thức môn Tiếng Anh được học trong chương trình sách giáo khoa lớp 11, giúp các bạn ôn tập và củng cố kiến thức Tiếng Anh hiệu quả. Mời các bạn tham khảo.
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 1 số 2 có đáp án
Choose the word that has main stress placed differently from the others.
1. a. generous b. suspicious c. constancy d. sympathy
2. a. sorrow b. mutual c. pursuit d. influence
3. a. acquaintance b. unselfish c. attraction d. humorous
4. a. intelligent b. interesting c. hospitable d. favourite
5. a. loyalty b. success c. incapable d. sincere
Choose the one word or phrase - a, b, c, or d - that best completes the sentences or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase.
6. Sarah brightened ________ considerably as she thought of Emily's words.
a. with b. on c. up d. for
7. Does he tell you how he is getting ________ his new friends?
a. on with b. on of c. away with d. out of
8. There is no truth in the ________ that Margaret has lost her job.
a. rumour b. case c. instance d. news
9. Friendship is a two-side ________; it lives by give-and-take.
a. affair b. event c. way d. aspect
10. Jen had confided her secret to Mark; but he betrayed her ________.
a. loyalty b. trust c. constancy d. sympathy
11. They were extremely ________ to my plight.
a. sympathized b. sympathetic c. sympathy d. sympathetieal
12. The President expressed his deep sorrow over the bombing deaths.
a. sadness b. anxiety c. disappointment d. interest
13. Let me know if you see anyone acting ________.
a. properly b. constantly c. suspiciously d. carefully
14. Business leaders gave an ________ welcome to the proposal.
a. official b. exciting c. enthusiastic d. warmly
15. The school appeared essentially ________ since my day.
a. changed b. unchanged c. changeable d. unchangeable
Choose the one word or phrase – a, b, c, or d - that best completes the sentences.
16. 'How about going to the theater?' 'OK, but I would rather ________ a concert.'
a. attend b. to attend c. attending d. have attended
17. Neither my friends nor I ________ particularly interested in the training course next month.
a. are b. am c. be d. being
18. It's time you ________ harder for the next exam.
a. work b. are working c. worked d. have worked
19. Jim doesn't speak very clearly ________.
a. It's difficult to understand him b. It's difficult for understanding him
c. He's difficult in understand him d. It's difficult to understand.
20. Only when she apologizes ________ to her again.
a. I'll speak b. will I speak c. that I speak d. I speak
21. Let's go ahead and do it now. Nothing ________ by waiting.
a. accomplishes b. accomplished
c. has accomplished d. will be accomplished
22. Last night, we saw a meteor ________ through the sky.
a. streaked b. to streak c. streak d. to have streaked
23. At the end of this month, we ________ friends for ten years.
a. will be b. are c. has been d. will have been
24. The skiers would rather ________ through the mountains than go by bus.
a. to travel on train b. traveled by train
c. travel by train d. traveling by the train
25. If we leave now for our trip, we can drive half the distance before we stop ________ lunch.
a. having b. to have c. having had d. for having
C. Identify the one underlined word or phrase - A, B, C or D - that must be changed for the sentence to be correct.
Choose the correct words or phrases that best complete the passage.
I'm sorry for not (31) ______ to you for two months. In my postcard sent to you when I was on vacation in July, I told you about a new friend of (32) ____, Lisa Moran, who lives near my uncle's farm in Napan Valley, California. You may be curious to know what she is (33) ______.
Well, Lisa is of our age - 17 - and not very tall or slim. In fact, she has (34) ______ rounded shoulders and a plump face. The best (35) ______ on Lisa's face are her green eyes and the two dimples on her checks. She (36) ______ lively with her hair cut short and dressed in (37) ______ clothes - jeans and a T-shirt. When I first met her at my cousin's birthday party, I was attracted by her (38) ______ and pleasingly direct manners. Curiously enough, Lisa has the same (39) ______ in music as you and I.
That's (40) ______ about Lisa for the moment. How have you been doing with your school work? Please write soon.
31. a. write b. to write c. writing d. wrote
32. a. I b. me c. my d. mine
33. a. looking b. like c. seen d. similar
34. a. slightly b. hardly c. scarcely d. reasonably
35. a. aspects b. points c. features d. marks
36. a. feels b. seems c. appears d. looks
37. a. casual b. formal c. sports d. trendy
38. a. light-hearted b. high-handed c. self-centered d. easy-going
39. a. taste b. hearing c. sense d. way
40. a. all b. enough c. end d. most
Read the passage carefully, then choose the correct answers.
Having a best friend to confide in can bring a positive effect on our emotional health. An evening out with the closest friend may be the best guarantee of a good time. In fact, our best friend can prevent us from developing serious psychological problems such as depression and anxiety.
Best friendship evolves with time - we cannot go out and pick our best friend. We become friends with people who share common interests – at school or through hobbies, for example.
Best friends have usually known each other for years and stuck together through good and bad times. If you haven't got one, perhaps you are being too distant from people, or focusing too much on your work.
41. A best friend can ________.
a. give us a healthy life b. go out with us in the evening
c. spend much time finding d. share joy and sadness with us
42. Close friends need to ________.
a. study at the same school b. have the same interests
c. pursue the same hobbies d. spend time together
43. According to the passage, ________.
a. it takes a lot of time to make close friendships
b. we can go out and choose a good friend easily
c. best friends have good and bad times
d. It's very difficult to make lasting friendships
44. The word 'one' in the last paragraph refers to ________.
a. good time b. bad time c. a friendship d. a close friend
45. Which of the following sentences is not mentioned?
a. We often have satisfaction being with a close friend.
b. the ties of close friendship will never be broken.
c. An unsociable person may not have a close friend.
d. Friendships need time to develop.
Choose the sentence - a, b, c, or d - which is closest in meaning to the sentence above.
46. At the factory he likes people to let him have his own way.
a. He doesn't like it when people tell him what to do.
b. He often needs the help of other people in his work.
c. He doesn't accept help from people he dislikes.
d. He likes people to think all good ideas are his own.
47. I would rather have an egg for breakfast.
a. I would eat an egg for my breakfast.
b. I don't want an egg for breakfast.
c. I prefer to have an egg for breakfast.
d. I'll have an egg if there, is nothing else for my breakfast.
48. It would have been a perfect paper except for some mistakes.
a. It was a perfect paper b. The word was spelt perfectly.
c. The paper had some mistakes d. The teacher did not accept the paper
49. It's waste of time to try to explain anything to Tony.
a. Tony should be given explanation.
b. It's not worth trying to explain anything to Tony.
c. To save time, explain it to Tony.
d. It's well worth trying to explain things to Tony.
50. The workers are threatening to go on strike unless the company raises the hourly wage.
a. If their wages are not increased, the workers plan to strike.
b. The company raised the workers' wages to avoid a strike.
c. The company demands that the workers strike.
d. The company threatened to pay the workers less.
Choose the best sentence -a, b, c, or d - made from the given cues.
51. I/ had/ An/ clean/ bedroom/ before/ let/ her/ go out/ play//
a. I had An clean up her bedroom before I let her going out to play.
b. I had An cleaned her bedroom before letting her go out for playing.
c. I had An clean up her bedroom before I let her go out to play.
d. I had An to clean her bedroom before letting her go out to play.
52. It/ wonderful/ hear/ magnificent performance//
a. It was wonderful to hear such a magnificent performance.
b. It was wonderful of hearing a magnificent performance.
c. It's wonderful to hear such magnificent performance.
d. It will be wonderful to hear a such magnificent performance.
53. He/ not keep/ promise/ visit me/ regularly//
a. He doesn't keep promising and visiting me regularly.
b. He didn't keep his promise to visit me regularly.
c. He hasn't kept to promise to visit me regularly.
d. He doesn't keep his promise to visit to me regularly.
54. We/ listen/ old man/ say/ his story/ beginning/ end//
a. We listened to the old man saying his story from beginning to end.
b. We listened the old man say his story from the beginning to the end.
c. We listened to the old man say his story from beginning to end.
d. We listened to the old man to say his story from beginning to end.
55. boys/ clever/ see/ solution/ problem/ so quickly//
a. The 'boys were clever to see the solution to the problem so quickly.
b. Boys are clever to see the solution of problem so quickly.
c. The boys are clever at seeing the solution to the problem so quickly.
d. The boys were clever to see the solution of the problem so quickly.
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 1 số 3 có đáp án
Choose the words which contain the sound /tʃ/ and /dʒ/
education, engineer, damage, mutual, computer, children, teach, Christmas, machine, village, religion, hamburger, enjoy, dirty, schedule, literature, information, question, orchestra, cheap, pleasure, feature, imaginary, jealous, cheese, jacket, geometry, green, purchase, suggest, instruction, essential, nature, fortunate.
Complete these sentences with the correct form of the word in the box.
constant capable selfish loyal suspicion
acquaint enthusiast sympathize hospitable friend
- His ________ for music has stayed strong, throughout his 23 years in radio.
- He showed unswerving ___________ to his friends.
- We all have great __________ for the victims of the flood.
- __________ is very important because uncertain people cannot have a lifelong friendship.
- It was very ___________ of him to offer us his room.
- We were delighted by the wonderful _________ of the local people.
- The wine had made him ________ of thinking clearly.
- Playing a game with the children is a good way of getting them _________.
- Inform the police immediately if you see anything ___________.
- ________ need time to develop.
Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verb in brackets.
- I didn't have enough time ________ (finish) my work yesterday.
- As she drove past his house, she noticed him _____ (run) away from home.
- I was relieved ________ (find out) that I had passed the exam.
- She made her son _______ (wash) the windows before he could go outside ______ (play) with his friends.
- She lets her children __________ (stay) up very late.
- We had nothing __________ (do) except look at the cinema posters.
- We both heard him _________ (say) that he was leaving.
- It made him angry __________ (wait) for people who were late.
- I couldn't understand what the passage said, so I had my friend ______ (translate) it for me.
- It's important _______ (start) the meeting on time.
- There are too many people here for me ________ (talk) to all of them.
- It took ages ________ (download) the pictures from the Internet.
- Whenever I have free time, I like ______ (watch) the basketball team _______ (practice).
- She sent me an e-mail _________ (inform) me that the meeting had been canceled.
- It was a thrill _____ (see) my brother ______ (win) the chess tournament last year.