Từ vựng - bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 10: Recycling
Từ vựng - bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 10
VnDoc.com xin giới thiệu đến các bạn Từ vựng - bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 10: Recycling được sưu tầm và đăng tải dưới đây bao quát toàn bộ từ mới cần thiết trong bài cũng như hệ thống ngữ pháp tiếng Anh trọng điểm của bài rất hữu ích cho các bạn ôn tập và củng cố kiến thức. Mời các bạn vào tham khảo.
A. Language Focus:
1. Passive forms
2. Adjectives followed:
- an infinitive
- a noun clause
1. recycle (v): tái chế
=> recycling (n): sự tái chế
2. reduce (v): giảm, cắt giảm
3. reuse (v): tái sử dụng, sử dụng lại
4. wrap (v): gói, bọc
5. fertilize (v): làm cho màu mỡ, phì nhiêu
=> fertilizer (n): phân bón
6. decompose (v): phân hủy
7. representative (n): đại diện
8. package (v): đóng gói
9. plastic bag (n): túi nhựa, túi ni lông
10. cloth bag (n): túi vải
11. throw – threw – thrown (v): vứt bỏ
12. metal (n): kim loại
13. fabric (n): sợi (vải)
14. compost (n): phân xanh
15. pipe (n): ống dẫn (khí, nước, dầu...)
16. refill (v): làm đầy lại
17. glassware (n): đồ thủy tinh
18. dung (n): phân thú vật
19. melt (v): làm chảy ra
20. deposit (v,n): đặt cọc, tiền đặt cọc
21. soak (v): nhúng, ngâm
22. mix (v): trộn, pha, hòa lẫn
=> mixture (n): sự pha trộn, hỗn hợp
23. press (v): ấn, ép
24. mash (v): đập, nghiền nhừ
25. wire mesh (n): tấm lưới sắt
26. mosquito (n): con muỗi
27. scatter (v): rải
1. instead of
2. to talk to sb
3. throw away
4. to be made of
to be made from
to be made in
5. all over the world
6. be delighted (at)
7. be interested in
I. Change these sentences into passive voice:
1. People use milk for making butter and cheese.
2. The milkman brings bottles of milk to houses.
3. Careless driver causes many accidents.
4. People speak English all over the world.
5. They don’t use this house very often.
6. Do they teach French in this school?
7. Somebody will clean the floor tonight.
8. You mustn’t open this parcel until Christmas Day.
9. We can use the garbage to make fertilizer.
10. Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone.
II. Write the sentences using the Adj + to-infinitive:
1. we/ difficult/ get/ your letter/ yesterday.
2. it/ not easy/ answer/ these questions.
3. I/ surprised/ see/ Paul/ the party/ last night.
4. it/ interesting/ visit/ Phong Nha Cave.
5. They are lucky. They passed all the exams.
6. It/ lovely/ see/ you/ again.
7. I/ delighted/ receive/ your massage.
8. we/ happy/ receive/ a lot of presents from our grandparents.
III. Rewrite the sentences using the adjective + noun clause:
1. You are interested in protecting environment. He is delighted.
2. They could save some money from reused things. They are very happy.
3. My class won the first prize in collecting cans. My teachers feel pleased.
4. The rivers are becoming heavily polluted. We are worried.
5. The Y & Y is having a plan on recycling used paper. I am very glad.
IV. Give the correct form of the words in the brackets:
1. Reduce means not buying products which are ________________. (overpackage)
2. Linda is one of the ________________ from Friends of the Earth. (represent)
3. The country’s ________________ resources include forests, coal and oil. (nature)
4. It’s ________________ to across the avenue. (danger)
5. They are taking part in the ________________ program of the school. (recycle)
6. Compost is a wonderful ________________. It helps plants grow. (fertilize)
7. Share your _______________ (recycle) story with our _______________ (read).
8. Air is a ________________ of gases. (mix)
V. Choose the best answer among A, B, C or D:
1. We should use cloth bags ________________ of plastic bags.
A. instead B. besides C. apart D. without
2. In the world, millions of old papers ________________ away every day.
A. thrown B. are throwing C. are thrown D. threw
3. She was very sad ________________ good marks in the final test.
A. not get B. not to get C. to not get D. not getting
4. The prefix “re-” in the word “reuse” means ________________
A. against B. for C. no D. again
5. Farmers collect household and garden waste to make ________________.
A. compost B. floor coverings C. glassware D. pipes
6. My house ________________ every year to welcome the Tet Holiday.
A. paints B. painted C. is painted D. painting
7. Students should be eager ________________ in social activities.
A. participate B. to participate C. to participating D. participated
8. Milk bottles can be ________________ after being cleaned.
A. recycled B. thrown away C. broken D. reused
9. This project ________________ out next month.
A. is carried B. will carry C. will be carried D. carries
10. It’s dangerous ________________ in this river.
A. swim B. to swim C. swimming D. swam
11. We are looking forward ________________ you in June.
A. seeing B. see C. saw D. be seen
12. Try to ________________ the amount of fat in your diet.
A. reuse B. refill C. reduce D. recycle
13. Glass is broken up, melted and made into ________________.
A. silverware B. hardware C. ironware D. glassware
14. This table is made ________________ wood.
A. in B. on C. of D. from
15. The champagne is made ________________ grapes.
A. in B. on C. of D. from
16. They grow food for their animals and use the ________ for fertilizing their fields.
A. trash B. dung C. fertilizer D. compost
17. The government ought to do something to prevent people ___________ throwing trash into the river.
A. for B. in C. from D. at
18. They are certain ___________ they will pass the exam easily.
A. which B. what C. where D. that
19. Drink cans are brought back to the factory for ___________ .
A. recycling B. buying C. making D. eating
20. This beautiful box ___________ from recycled paper.
A. made B. were made C. making D. to make
21. Books___________ by Daniel Steel are sold everywhere.
A. writing B. write C. written D. wrote
22. …………………………………is the address of the City Museum?
A. Where B. What C. Which D. whom
Mời các bạn tiếp tục với các bài liên quan tiếp theo để chuẩn bị tốt nhất cho tiết học sau cũng như ôn tập, củng cố kiến thức trước khi bước vào các kì thi quan trọng. Chúc các bạn học tập hiệu quả!