Từ vựng - Ngữ pháp Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 13 THE 22nd SEA GAMES
Từ vựng - Ngữ pháp Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 13
Mời quý thầy cô giáo và các em học sinh tham khảo bộ sưu tập Từ vựng Unit 13 The 22nd Sea Games Tiếng Anh 12 trên VnDoc.com. Các tài liệu trong bộ sưu tập này sẽ giúp các em học sinh nắm được nghĩa của các từ vựng trong Unit 13 tiếng Anh 12. Qua đó, học sinh có thể tự ôn tập và củng cố vốn từ vựng tiếng Anh đã được học trong chương trình lớp 12. Mời quý thầy cô giáo và các em học sinh tham khảo nhằm nâng cao chất lượng dạy và học môn Tiếng Anh.
Từ vựng Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 13
- title (n) danh hiệu
- bodybuilding (n) thể dục thể hình
- energy (n) năng lượng, nghị lực
- energetic (a) đầy sinh lực
- prepare for chuẩn bị
- carry out thực hiện
- countryman – countrymen (n) đồng bào
- propose (v) + suggest (v) đề nghị
- proposal (n) = suggestion (n) lời đề nghị
- athletics (n) môn điền kinh
- cycling (n) chạy xe đạp
- odd (a) = strange (a) kì quặc
- tempting (a) cám dỗ
- deal (n) sự thỏa thuận
- clear (v) nhảy qua
- podium (n) bục danh dự
- pole 'vaulting môn nhảy sào
- break a record phá kỷ lục
- jobless (a) = unemployed (a) thất nghiệp
- attitude (n) thái độ
- score a goal ghi bàn
- defender (n) hậu vệ
- midfielder (n) trung vệ
- attacker (n) = 'forward/ striker tiền đạo
Task 1 and 2 in the textbook, page 140
Task 3: Read the reading passage again and choose the best answers
1. The spirit of the 22nd SEA Games was ..................., co- operation for peace and development.
A. solidarity B. high spirit C. countrymen D. enthusiasm
2. ............................gold medals were won at the SEA Games.
A. 11 B. 32 C. 158 D. 444
3. Which Women's Football team defended the SEA Games title?
A. The Thai B. The Vietnamese C. The Malaysian D. The Singaporean
4. Which Men's Football team won the gold medal?
A. The Vietnamese B. The Filipino C. The Thai D. The Singaporean
5. According to the passage, Vietnam..........................
A. prepared carefully for the 22nd SEA Games
B. didn't organize the 22nd SEA Games successfully
C. will not host the Asia Sports Games
D. won less gold medals than Thailand in the 22nd SEA Games
Task 4: Summarize the main ideas
1. The simple past tense: Thì quá khứ đơn
(+): S + V2/ -ed + O
(-): S + didn't + V1 + O
(?): Did + S + V1 + O?
Ex: Vietnam won 158 gold medals.
2. The + tính từ chỉ quốc tịch
- Vietnam - the Vietnamese
- Thailand - the Thai
- Indonesia - the Indonesian
- Malaysia - the Malaysian
- Philippines - the Filipino/ the Philippine
3. Wish clause: Mệnh đề mong ước
- Hiện tại: S + wish(es) + V2/-ed
- Quá khứ: S + wish(es) + had + V3/-ed
- Tương lai: S + wish(es) + would + V1
Task 1: (textbook, page 141)
Task 2: Choose the best answers
1. I have not seen her for 2 months.
A. It's 2 months since I last saw her B. It's two months after I last saw her.
C. I haven't seen her since 2 months ago D. I didn't see her for 2 months.
2. The train had already left before I got to the station.
A. When I got to the station, the train had already left.
B. When I get to the station, the train has already left.
C. The train left after I had got to the station.
D. The train already left when I was getting to the station.
3. The last time I saw this film was three years ago.
A. I haven't seen this film for three years ago. B. I haven't seen this film since three years.
C. I didn't see this film for three years. D. I haven't seen this film for three years.
4. Lan doesn't have enough time to make her wedding cake.
A. If Lan had more time, she would make her wedding cake.
B. If Lan had more time, she would have made her wedding cake.
C. Lan will make her wedding cake if she has more time.
D. Lan will make her wedding cake unless she has more time.
5. This is the first time they have been to England.
A. They have never been to England before. B. They went to England once.
C. They haven't been to England so far. D. They have been to England many times.
Read the passage and do task 1, 2 in the textbook (page 143) The first newspaper article:
Only Amnat won a gold in the Southeast Asian Games Pole Vaulting yesterday. Nobody else could clear the bar. While he was the only one who stood alone on the podium, Amnat was among the Thai athletes who won ten gold medals in early events yesterday. He won the gold in the Pole Vaulting Final after clearing 4. 80m. Meanwhile four other pole- vaulters missed their attempts at the height ranging from 4.40m to 4.80m. Amnat has proved a lonely winner in this event, but his points were still below the SEA Games record of 5.05m.
The second newspaper article:
The Vietnamese Milk Company (Vinamilk) has offered jobs to the 27 members of Vietnam's Women's Football Team after they won the Games' second title. Perhaps they are going to be milkmaids when they retire. It is not an odd proposal because the majority of the footballers will become unemployed when the Games are over. And they now have to struggle to make ends meet. Vinamilk has promised to train their new employees as soon as the deal is signed. The goalkeeper of Vietnam's Women's Football Team is dreaming to run a café after doctors have said her injuries would stop her from playing ever again. At the moment, she is short of money, so the Vinamilk offer looks tempting to her.
Note: Phrase of purpose: Cụm từ chỉ mục đích To + V1
In order to + V1 So as to + V1
Ex: To pass the final exam, you must study hard.