Đề thi học kỳ 1 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 10 trường THPT Nguyễn Trãi, Thái Bình năm học 2016 - 2017 có đáp án
Đề thi học kỳ 1 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 10 có đáp án
Đề kiểm tra học kỳ 1 Tiếng Anh tuy không khó nhưng dạng câu hỏi có thể chưa quen thuộc với học sinh, nên đòi hỏi các em dành thời gian làm quen với một số câu hỏi trong các dạng đề dưới đây để có thể hoàn thành tốt nhất bài làm của mình. Hiểu được điều này VnDoc.com đã tổng hợp và giới thiệu với các em Đề thi học kỳ 1 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 10 trường THPT Nguyễn Trãi, Thái Bình năm học 2016 - 2017 có đáp án.
SỞ GD & ĐT THÁI BÌNH
TRƯỜNG THPT NGUYỄN TRÃI
ĐỀ KIỂM TRA HẾT HỌC KỲ I
NĂM HỌC 2016 - 2017
MÔN: ANH 10
Thời gian làm bài: 60 phút
Mã đề thi
Họ, tên thí sinh:..........................................................................
Số báo danh:...............................................................................
PHẦN A: TRẮC NGHIỆM - 45 CÂU (9 điểm)
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the rest in each of the following questions.
1. A. cartoon B. harrow C. park D. guitar
2. A. holiday B. brother C. hospital D. shop
3. A. church B. excursion C. sure D. nurse
4. A. laughs B. drops C. maintains D. imports
5. A. raised B. introduced C. watched D. stopped
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word or phrase that is CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined part in each of the following questions.
6. It takes me 45 minutes to get ready.
A. to go B. to wake up C. to prepare D. to start
7. Although it's a long day for us, we are contented with what we do. We love working and we love our children.
A. sad B. tired C. bored D. happy
8. I plough and harrow my plot of land and during my break I often drink tea with my fellow peasants and smoke local tobacco.
A. villagers B. children C. farmers D. workers
9. When they came back from college or technical high school, they introduced new farming methods, which resulted in bumper crops.
A. bad crops B. rich crops C. poor crops D. good crops
10. "Our lives have changed a lot thanks to the knowledge our children brought home," said an old farmer
A. because B. because of C. by D. thank for
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
Every year students in many countries learn English. Some of these students are young children. Others are teenagers. Many are adults. Some learn at school. Others study by themselves. A few learn English just by hearing the language in films, on television, in the office or among their friends. But not many are lucky enough to do that. Most people must work hard on their lessons to learn another language.
Many boys and girls learn English at school because it is one of their subjects. They study their own language, mathematics and English. In England, America or Australia, many boys and girls study their own language, which is English, mathematics and another language, perhaps French, German or Spanish.
Many adults learn English because it is useful for their work. Teenagers often learn English for their higher studies because some of their books are in English at the college or university. Others people learn English because they want to read newspapers or magazines in English.
11. According to the writer ______.
A. no children like learning English B. English is learned by many generations
C. only teenagers learn English D. English is useful only to adults
12. Most people learn English by ______.
A. watching videos only B. talking with the film stars
C. hearing the language in this office D. working hard on their lessons
13. Many boys and girls learn English because ______.
A. their parents make them do it B. it is included in their study courses
C. they have to study their own language D. English can give them a job
14. In America and Australia, many school children study ______.
A. English and mathematics only
B. such foreign languages as French, German or Spanish
C. English as a foreign language
D. their own language and no foreign language
15. Many adults learn English because ______.
A. they want to read newspapers in English B. it is useful for their work
C. they want to go abroad D. most of their books are in English
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.
16.His father was quite satisfied about his success.
A. His father B. quite C. about D.success
17.This is the school at which Uncle Ho used to studying when he was young.
A. This is B. at which C. used to studying D. was
18. If tomorrow the weather will be bad, the match will be postponed.
A. tomorrow B. will be C. match D.be postponed
19. I've been studying French since I've started high school.
A. I've been studying B. since C. I've D. started
20. The houses have been decorated very beautiful.
A. The houses B. have been C. decorated D. beautiful
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
21. They lost the key yesterday but it _______.
A. has already found B. was found already
C. has already been found D. found already
22. He finds the new computer game so _______.
A. excited B. exciting C. excite D. excitement
23. Some people believe that punishment is a/ an ______ way of bringing up children.
A. good B. new C. effective D. memorable
24. Hoa: "______ do you take a holiday?"
Mai: "Once a year."
A. When B. How long C. What time D. How often
25. Fax machine ______ send or receive letter quickly.
A. is used for B. used to C. is used to D. used for
26. The doctor advised him to give up ______.
A. drinking B. drink C. to drink D. drank
27. I ______ Brown for a month.
A. saw B. has seen C. have not seen D. see
28. Do you know who _______the washing machine?
A. invented B. realized C. discovered D. founded
29.The holidays at the seaside made us ______ . We really had a good time.
A. unhappily B. happily C. unhappy D. happy
30. We'll have to go without John if he ______ soon.
A. won't arrive B. will arrive C. arrives D. doesn't arrive
31. She advised me______ cigarettes.
A. not smoke B. to not smoke C. not to smoke D. no smoking
32. In spite of ______ , he has no intention of giving up smoking.
A. his cough bad B. his badly cough C. his bad cough D. he coughs badly
33. We were disappointed that most of the guests ______ when we arrived at the party.
A. have left B. had leaved C. leave D. had left
34. Marie Curie harboured the dream of a ______ career which was impossible for a woman at that time.
A. scientist B. science C. scientifically. D. scientific
35. After each period, we have a ______ break.
A. five minutes B. five- minute C. fifth- minute D. fifth- minutes
36. You can get ______ by connecting the internet.
A. time B. digit C. information D. computation
37. ______ is the study of heat, light, sound.
A. Literature B. History C. Maths D. Physics
38. I took the damaged watch to my watch maker______ knows how to repair all sorts of things.
A. which B. where C. whose D. who
39. For the past two years I ______ a lot of things.
A. doing B. do C. have done D. did
40. He will take us to the town ______ we can see old temples.
A. whom B. where C. when D. which
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to choose the word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks.
Man is the __(41)__creature on earth. He has conquered nature, so that he can live safely almost anywhere. He has tamed animals and changed the world he lives in.
Despite these achievements, man is not very different __(42)__ animals. He has the same bones, muscles, organs and glands. Unlike many creatures, man has not developed specialized features __(43)__ help him to live in any particular surroundings.
__(44)__ there are two main physical characteristics in which man does differ from other mammals. Firstly, he walks upright on only two feet, leaving his hands completely free to do things. Secondly, the size of his brain in comparison with his body is enormous.
Man is a reasoning creature. He can think __(45)__ a problem, find a solution, plan what to do, and then carry out this plan
41. A. more successful B. successful C. most successful D. as successful
42. A. from B. than C. by D. with
43. A. who B. that C. what D. whom
44. A. therefore B. in addition C. similarly D. however
45. A. about B. on C. over D. with
PHẦN B: TỰ LUÂN - 5 CÂU (1 điểm)
Rewrite each of the sentences in order to keep its original meanings.
46: Mary said: "I have not seen Peter since last month."
Mary said ................................................................................
47: Don't interfere with him while he is working.
While he is working, you......................................................
48: Get up early or you will miss the bus.
49: They couldn't climb up the mountain because of the storm.
The storm made them.....................................................................
50: Tom's boss gave him permission to take two days off.
Tom took two days off from work. .....................................................................
Câu 46: Mary said: "I have not seen Peter since last month."
Mary said she had not seen Peter since the previous month.
Câu 47: Don't interfere with him while he is working.
While he is working, you shouldn't interfere with him.
Câu 48: Get up early or you will miss the bus.
Unless you get up early, you will miss the bus.
Câu 49: They couldn't climb up the mountain because of the storm.
The storm made them impossible to climb up the mountain.
Câu 50: Tom's boss gave him permission to take two days off.
Tom took two days off from work.