Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 15: Cities - Lesson 2
Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 10
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 15: Cities - Lesson 2 được VnDoc sưu tầm và giới thiệu để có thể chuẩn bị giáo án và bài giảng hiệu quả, giúp quý thầy cô tiết kiệm thời gian và công sức làm việc. Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh 10 này được soạn phù hợp quy định Bộ Giáo dục và nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu bài học hơn.
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 10: Written test 45 minutes 4
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 15: Cities - Lesson 1
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 15: Cities - Lesson 3
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to give brief information on some typical cities; ask for information about cities.
II. Teaching aids:
Pictures, lesson plan, handouts, and chalk…
* Warm up: Brainstorming
- Have Ss sit in pairs and complete each question in A with a suitable word in B
- Review how to make questions about area, population, people, etc.
* While- speaking
- Get Ss to close their books
- Ask Ss to work in pairs. One reads the information about New York and the other about London. Then ask and answer questions about two cities.
- Give Ss handouts
Handout A (p. 159)
Handout B (p. 159)
-Go around the class
- Help students if necessary
- Check some pairs
- Ask Ss to open their books
- Get Ss to look at the Task 2
? What is the total area of London?
What about New York?
q London is larger than New York
- Explain comparative clauses
- Get Ss to make some sentences of comparison
Task 3: Read and practice the dialogue
- Ask Ss to look at the task 3
- Read this dialogue one time
- Play role (T plays the role of A, 1 Ss plays the role of B)
- Ask Ss to practice in pairs in 5 minutes
- Go around and helps them if necessary
- Get some pairs to represent (without looking at their textbooks on the whole of time)
- Ask Ss to pay attention to comparative phrases.
- Ask Ss to work in pairs and make some sentences of comparison between London and NY, using the information in Task 2 in 3 min
- Ask some Ss to make some sentences of comparison.
* Post- Speaking
- Ask Ss to work in groups of 4 and tell each other which of the two cities they prefer and give reasons.
- Go around
- Get some Ss to present their talks.
Teacher assigns homework
- Ss’ answers
- Do the task
1.d; 2.f; 3.e; 4.e; 5.b/c; 6.b/c
- Practice making questions
- Close their books
- Work in pairs
- Exchange the information
Suggested questions:( on poster)
When was New York founded?
What is the population of N Y/ London?
What is the total area of NY/ London?
How many national holidays are there in New York / London?
How many high buildings are there in N Y/ London?
How many big parks are there in N Y/ L?
What are the people like in NY/ Ld?
What is the transport in NY / London?
- Open their books
Answer: The total area of London is 1610km2/ New York is 946km2
- Take notes
London’s population is as big as the population of New York
NY has more high buildings than Ld
London has more big parks than N Y
- Practice in pairs
- Work in pairs
- Give answers
1. London has more big parks than New York
2. The transport in New York is as convenient as the transport in London
I prefer London to New York because it has more parks, and…
- Present their talks in front of the class
- Use the information in task 2 to write a paragraph (about 50 words) about London.