Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 16: Historical places - Lesson 4
Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 10
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 16: Historical places - Lesson 4 được VnDoc sưu tầm và giới thiệu để có thể chuẩn bị giáo án và bài giảng hiệu quả, giúp quý thầy cô tiết kiệm thời gian và công sức làm việc. Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh 10 này được soạn phù hợp quy định Bộ Giáo dục và nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu bài học hơn.
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 16: Historical places - Lesson 2
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 16: Historical places - Lesson 3
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 16: Historical places - Lesson 5
1. Education Aims: Students can describe a chart.
a. General knowledge: Student knows how to read the information in a chart.
- Language used to describe a chart.
- The past tenses.
- Reading: read the model description.
- Speaking: discuss in pairs.
- Writing: write a description.
II. Anticipated problems: Students are not familiar with this type of writing.
III. Teaching Aids: board, textbook, chalk.
1. Homework checking: (5 mins)
- Ask one st to talk about the ancient town of Hoi An.
- Ask other sts to listen to their friend and give remarks.
- Check and give remarks.
2. Before you write: (20 mins)
- Aims: to get sts to know how to write a description of a chart.
+ Task 1:
- Firstly, ask sts to look at the chart and explain the information in the chart.
- Ask them to look at the chart and then answer the questions in pairs.
- Move around to help if necessary.
- Ask sts to compare their answer with other pairs.
- Get feedback and give remarks.
- Introduce some useful words/expressions that sts can use when describing a chart.
+ Beginning: Answer the question: "What does the chart show?"
- Answer: The chart shows.................
The chart presents some information ....
+Expressions: As we can see from the chart, .............
It can be seen from the chart that .........
According to the chart, .................
+ Verbs: increase >< decrease
reduce, rise, .....
+ Adverbs: rapidly, quickly, sharply, steadily, etc.
+ Comparatives and superlatives.
3. While you write: (10 mins)
- Aims: Sts practise describing the chart.
+ Task 2:
- Ask sts to write a description of the chart.
- Ask them to use the answers to the questions above to write.
- Let sts write in 10 minutes.
- Move around to conduct the activity.
4. After you write: (9 mins)
Aims: to get feedback and check sts' work.
- Get feedback by asking some sts to read their work aloud.
- Ask some other sts to give remarks.
- Check and give the correct answer.
- If there is enough time, T can have sts exchange their writing among sts within a group so that they can check their friend's work and give remarks.
5. Homework: (1min)
- Part D (page 95 - workbook).
- Listen to their friend and give remarks.
- Listen to the teacher.
- Read the chart and try to understand the information in the chart.
- Work in pairs to ask and answer and then share their answer with their friends.
- Present their ideas.
1. The USA had the biggest number of visitors to Vietnam in 2001.
2. 99,700 visitors.
3. Australia did.
4. No, it isn't.
5. France did.
6. The number of American visitors to Vietnam in 2002 increased by 29,497 in comparison with that in 2001.
- Listen to the teacher.
- Copy down these words into their notebooks.
- Do the writing task.
- Read their writing: ( a model description)
" The chart shows the number of visitor arrivals to Vietnam from the USA, France and Australia in 2001 and 2002. The statistics were provided by Vietnam National Administration of Tourism. It is clear from the chart that the number of visitors to Vietnam from the USA, France and Australia in 2002 is higher than that in 2001. According to the chart, the USA had the biggest number of visitors to Vietnam with 230,470 visitors in 2001 and 259,967 in 2002. France ranked second with 99,700 visitors in 2001 and 111,546 in 2002....... "