Bộ đề thi thử THPT Quốc gia năm 2017 môn Tiếng Anh CÓ ĐÁP ÁN - Số 16
Đề thi thử Đại học môn Tiếng Anh năm 2017 có đáp án
Bạn đã chuẩn bị tốt cho kỳ thi TN THPT QG & ĐHCĐ sắp tới chưa? Hãy thử sức với Bộ đề thi thử THPT Quốc gia năm 2017 môn Tiếng Anh CÓ ĐÁP ÁN - Số 16 để việc ôn tập hiệu quả hơn.
Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the rest.
1. A. laughed B. weighed C. helped D. smiled
2. A. cleaned B. played C. snowed D. brushed
3. A. hear B. dear C. pear D. clear
4. A. roughly B. tough C. enough D. though
5. treated B. corrected C. stopped D. decided
Choose the best option to complete the following sentences.
6. John cannot make a _______ to get married to Mary or stay single until he can afford a house and a car.
A. decide B. decision C. decisive D. decisively
7. The young are _______ more concerned with physical attractiveness than elderly people.
A. much B. as C. many D. as much as
8. It was just a friendly get-together. Everyone was wearing_________clothes. No one needed to be well-dressed.
A. formal B. casual C. unimportant D. unfriendly
9. Nobody seemed to be interested in the news. It was greeted with a lack of _________.
A. enthusiastic B. enthusiasm C. enthusiastically D. enthusiast
10. I don't like_________jobs. In fact, I never want to work under high pressure.
A. stress B. stressed C. stressing D. stressful
11. They have been in our country........ January, 1st 2002.
A. for B. from C. since D. in
12. We .... Peter since he moved to work in our company.
A. had known B. knew C. have known D. know
13. The passengers at that stop........... for ten minutes when the bus finally came
A. had been waiting B. were waiting C. have waited D. have been waiting
14. Don't go by train. It's.................. more expensive
A. very B. much C. lot D. too
15. I couldn't sleep............... being very tired
A. although B. though C. despite D. in spite
16. I............ television a lot but I don't any more
A. was watching B. was used to watch C. used to watch D. have been watching
17. Many species of animals become extinct each year before _______ can identify them.
A. biologically B. biologists C. biology D. biological
18. Kevin"How far is it from here to the nearest post office?"
A. No, it's rather far B. yes, it's quite near here
C. Two kilometers at least D. Turn left and then turn right
19. After you graduate from university, you still have to......... studying
A. go on B. go away C. go off D. go up
20. Peter doesn't like scuba -diving....................... does his brother
A. neither B. so C. too D. either
21. Books are still a cheap way to get _________ and entertainment.
A. information B. inform C. informatively D. informative
22. I'm pleased the plan worked so.............
A. welly B. goodly C. well D. good
23. The bomb went off in the crowded street, but fortunately no one was seriously hurt.
A. exploded B. landed C. rang D. burned
24. The children, ........... parents work late, are taken home by bus
A. their B. whom C. that D. whose
25. Did Ann get............. she applied for?
A. a job B. job C. any job D. the job
26. Tom: "I think married women should not go to work"
Lindy: "................................. It's too boring to be housewives all their lives "
A. Perhaps, I'm not sure B. I can't agree with you more
C. That's right D. I don't agree
27. As I............. a book, I suddenly saw a boy walking into the garden
A. was reading B. had read C. am reading D. read
28. We became.............. after eating the contaminated food
A. sickly B. sick C. unsick D. more sick
29. A child receives his early ................. from their parents
A. Educate B. education C. educator D. educative
30. It is becoming____________ to find a job.
A. harder and hard B. hard and hard C. harder than D. harder and harder
31. It was through Internet ____________ they got that song.
A. whom B. which C. who D. that
32. You can't prevent me from_________________what I want
A. to do B. do C. doing D. that I do
33. David: "Why don't we go out? You looked tired." Tom: "_______________."
A. Not at all B. Not my problem C. Thanks D. Let's do it
34. Mr. Smith _______ about five minutes before I _______ him yesterday.
A. was leaving/ had called B. left/ was calling C. had left/ had called D. had left/ called
35. Last night, before I _________here, everyone___________to the party..
A. came/ have gone B. had come/ went C. came/ had gone D. came/ was going
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to rewrite these sentences without changing the meaning
36/ He asked me, "what are you going to do this weekend?"
A. He asked me what I am going to do this weekend
B. He asked me what was I going to do this weekend
C. He asked me what I was going to do that weekend
D. He asked me what I was going to do this weekend
37/ Though he tried hard, he didn't succeed
A. In spite of trying hard, he didn't succeed B. Even though he tried hard, but he didn't succeed
C. despite he tried hard, he didn't succeed D. In spite of he tried hard, he didn't succeed
38/ "I'm sorry I didn't phone you earlier" Mary said
A. Mary apologized for not phoning me earlier B. Mary apologized that she didn't phone me earlier
C. Mary apologized not to phone me earlier D. Mary said that she didn't phone me earlier
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.
Question 5: Americans have begin leaning toward the idea that marriage is more of an option, rather
A B C
than a milestone on the path to adulthood.
Question 6: Once you realize that there are ways to move on from awkward situations with grace and
A B C
confidence, you’ll be on your way to embrace social interactions instead of dreading them.
Question 7: Our brains are incredibly agile machines, and it’s hard to think of anything they do more
efficient than recognize faces.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
Question 8: Shaking hands is the ________ way of greeting business counterparts in Europe.
Question 9: His parents object strongly _______ his playing too much computer games.
Question 10: Our neighbor has _______ ours.
A. as a big house
B. as big a house as
C. the same big house
D. a house the same big as
Question 11: I remember the boy’s face but his name _______ me.
Question 12: He will never forget the day ________ he met his wife.
Question 13: He often tells the children _______ when they play water sports.
A. be careful
B. not be careless
C. to be careful
D. to be careful with
Question 14: There will be _________ jobs for people because some robots will do the same jobs as people.
Question 15: New ways have to be found to _______ of waste materials and poisonous gases so that we can have cleaner surroundings.
Question 16: The goal is to make higher education available to everyone who is willing and capable ________ his financial situation.