Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9 trường THCS Xuân Dương, Hà Nội năm 2015 - 2016
Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9 cấp trường
Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9 trường THCS Xuân Dương, Hà Nội năm 2015 - 2016 có đáp án là tài liệu ôn tập hữu ích dành cho những bạn học sinh lớp 9 chuẩn bị bước vào kì thi chọn học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh. Đề thi có đáp án đi kèm, mời các bạn tham khảo.
PHÒNG GD&ĐT THANH OAI
TRƯỜNG THCS XUÂN DƯƠNG
ĐỀ THI CHỌN HỌC SINH GIỎI LỚP 9
NĂM HỌC 2015 - 2016
Môn thi: Tiếng Anh
Thời gian làm bài: 150 phút (không kể thời gian giao đề)
Question I: Choose the word that has the underlined parts pronounced differently from the others (1p):
1. A. equal B. fashion C. champagne D. match
2. A. economy B. occasion C. freedom D. logical
3. A. invite B. river C. shrine D. primary
4. A. encourage B. proud C. enough D. young
5. A. invited B. arrived C. mentioned D. loved
Question II. Choose the words that has a different stress pattern from the others (1p):
1. A. practical B. designer C. minority D. occasion
2. A. consist B. fashion C. design D. collect
3. A. enjoyment B. pagoda C. collection D. business
4. A. economical B. federation C. itinerary D. complication
5. A. advertise B. deposit C. candidate D. institute
Question III. Choose the word or phrase that best completes each sentence (2p):
1. She speaks Chinese as ______ as I do
A. good B. better C. very good D. well
2. Jim is five centimeters ______ than Tom.
A. taller B. tallest C. high D. tall
3. The harder she works, the _______ money she earns
A. better B. much C. more D. less
4. Lucy answered the questions _______ than Sarah.
A. intelligent B. more intelligently
C. most intelligent D. more intelligent
5. I knew they were talking about me ______ they stopped when I entered the room.
A. because B. so that C. despite D. therefore
6. The librarian told us not ______ reference books out of the library.
A. to take B. taking C. take D. took
7. When I came to visit her last night , she ______ a bath.
A. had B. was having C. were having D. is having
8. He has really worked hard so far, ______ he?
A. does B. has C. doesn't D. hasn't
9. Nobody liked the film, ______?
A. does he B. doesn't he C. did they D. didn't they
10. ______ the students in my class enjoy taking part in social activities.
A. Many B. Most C. Most of D. The number of
Question IV. Provide the correct form of the words in brackets (2p):
1. It's very _______ (HEALTH) to live in damp room.
2. I'm not used to ______ (DRIVE) on the left.
3. He was punished for his ______ (LAZY).
4. We had a very ______ (ENJOY) evening in Lon don last month
5. I believe you because I know you are ______ (TRUTH).
6. Nam is very _______ (INTEREST) in computer.
7. He drives so _______ (CARE) that he is sure to have an accident.
8. I am ______ (CONFIDENCE) he will succeed in his chosen career.
9. Ba has a large _______ (COLLECT) of foreign stamps.
10. The ______ (PERFORM) she gave last night was marvelous.
Đáp án đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9
Question I: 1 points (0,2p for each correct answer)
1. A 2. C 3. B 4. B 5. A
Question II: 1 points (0,2p for each correct answer)
1. A 2. B 3. D 4. C 5. B
Question III: 2 points (0,2p for each correct answer)
1. D 2. A 3. C 4. B 5. A
6. A 7. B 8. D 9. C 10. C
Question IV: 2 points (0,2p for each correct answer)
1. unhealthy 2. driving 3. laziness
4. enjoyable 5. truthful 6. interested
7. carelessly 8. confident 9. collection
Question V: 2points (0,2p for each correct answer)
1. B 2. B 3. C 4. B 5. B
6. C 7. B 8. D 9. B 10. D
Question VI: 2points (0,2p for each correct answer)
1. C 2. B 3. D 4. A 5. C
6. A 7. A 8. D 9. B 10. C
Question VII: 1 points (0,2p for each correct answer)
1. C 2. C 3. D 4. C 5. B
Question VIII: 2 points (0,2p for each correct answer)
1. B 2. C 3. A 4. D 5. C
Question IX: 2 points (0,2p for each correct answer)
1. Bill Gates was born in 1955 in Washington State. He grew up in a rich family.
2. His parents sent him to a private school. There he met his business partner, Paul Allen.
3. When they were in the eighth grade, they were writing programs for business computers
4. In 1973, Gates was accepted at Harvard University. His parents were happy.
5. Two years later, Gates dropped out of Harvard to work on a computer program with his friend Allen.
6. In 1975, they created a company called Microsoft to sell their product.
7. A few years latter Microsoft became a giant company.
8. By 1990, Gates was the youngest billionaire of the United States at the age of thirty - four,
9. He achieved his success with a lot of hard work. He was the "King of Software".
10. By 1997, he was the richest man in the United States.
Question X: 2 points (0,2p for each correct sentence: 0,5p for correct verb tense, 0,5p for the rest)
1. I haven't seen him since 1995.
2. The fog prevented us from driving.
3. When did they buy the house?
4. The film was so boring that she fell asleep.
5. The furniture was too expensive for me to buy.
6. I don't know as much about it as she does.
7. If he doesn't phone immediately, he won't get any information.
8. Jane apologized for not phoning me earlier.
9. I advised him/ Minh to do morning exercise.
10. Ha invited Mai to go with her to the market.
Question XI: 3 points (1,5p for each correct answer).
1. Content: Cover all suggested ideas and add some more ideas
- Correct grammar (tense, prep, articles....)
- Vocabulary (wide range of vocabulary, spelling/ use suitable connectives........)
TOTAL: 20 points