Đề thi thử THPT Quốc gia năm 2017 môn Tiếng Anh có đáp án - Đề 19
Đề thi thử THPT Quốc gia năm 2017 môn Tiếng Anh có đáp án
Tăng cường làm thật nhiều dạng bài tập khác nhau sẽ giúp các bạn thí sinh nhanh chóng trau dồi kiến thức và kinh nghiệm trong kỳ thi TN THPT QG & ĐHCĐ sắp tới. Để giúp các bạn có điều kiện thực hành, chúng tôi xin cung cấp cho các bạn Đề thi thử THPT Quốc gia năm 2017 môn Tiếng Anh có đáp án - Đề 19.
Choose the word that is stressed differently from the rest.
1. A. hospital B. inflation C. policy D. constantly
2. A. government B. consumer C. domestic D. production
3. A. priority B. industry C. subsidy D. qualify
Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the rest.
4. A. choice B. chemist C. each D. achieve
5. A. applicant B. identity C. indicate D. chemistry
Choose the best answer to complete the blank in each of the following sentences.
6. If I feel too excited to sleep, I ________ reading one of our reports.
A. will try B. try C. would try D. would have tried
7. If he ________ well on the training course last year, he ________ offered the promotion now.
A. had done/ would be B. had done/ would have done
C. did/ would be D. did/ will be
8. What time would we get there ________ the subway?
A. we took B. if we took
C. unless we take D. provided that we take
9. He took me to the college ________.
A. he used to study B. in that he used to study
C. where he used to study D. which he used to study
10. ________ school is very important for ________ country to develop.
A. The/ a B. ø/ a C. The/ ø D. ø/ ø
11. He has been learning hard to prepare ________ the coming final exam.
A. for B. with C. on D. over
12. ________ the end of the course, the students have to take an exam on four basic skills of the target language.
A. In B. At C. On D. To
13. They are university professors who specialize ________ the history of the Russian empire.
A. on B. to C. in D. about
14. Secondary education in Hong Kong is largely based ________ the British education system.
A. on B. to C. in D. about
15. Tell me the day ________ you want to leave.
A. which B. in which C. that D. when
16. Of my students, Betty is the only one ________ has found a job.
A. whom B. which C. that D. whose
17. Have you ever visited New York harbor, ________ the famous Statue of Liberty stands?
A. which B. where C. that D. over which
18. The man and his dogs ________ were buried in the demolished building after the earthquake have just been rescued safely.
A. which B. who C. that D. whom
19. GCSE courses are ____ in a variety of subjects which are usually decided by the students themselves.
A. spent B. taken C. made D. looked
20. GCSEs are not compulsory, but they are the most common qualifications taken by 14-16 year-old students.
A. specialized B. fulfilled C. applied D. Required
21. An 'A-level' in Maths or a/ an ________ qualification is normally required.
A. equal B. same C. like D. equivalent
22. The control of ________ has been carried out through measures rooted in monetarism.
A. inflate B. inflation C. inflationist D. inflator
23. It is often a good idea to start with small, easily ________ goals.
A. achievable B. achieve C. achievement D. achiever
24. To my _______, I was not offered the job.
A. happiness B. dream C. joy D. disappointment
25. The Eiffel Tower ________ design was revolutionary at its time, is still a marvelous structure.
A. which B. that C. whose D. of which
26. Many children are under such a high ________ of learning that they do not feel happy at school.
A. recommendation B. interview C. pressure D. concentration
27. ________, he walked to the station.
A. Despite being tired B. Although to be tired
C. In spite being tired D. Despite tired
28. During the time of economic reforms, the economy has grown _______ with only a few major setbacks.
A. constant B. constantly C. constants D. constancy
29. The _______ effect of the new policy is that the farmer is now working for himself, and not for the state sake.
A. legal B. common C. all D. overall
30. After more than a decade of Doi Moi or economic _______, the Vietnamese Communist government has achieved diplomatic and economic links with numerous foreign partners.
A. relation B. investment C. productivity D. renovation
Choose the sentence that is closest in the meaning to the root one.
36. If I/ not/ television/ I/ hear/ burglar alarm/ off
A. If I hadn't watched the television, I had heard the burglar alarm go off.
B. If I didn't watch the television, I had heard the burglar alarm go off.
C. If I hadn't watched the television, I would have heard the burglar alarm go off.
D. If I hadn't watch the television, I would hear the burglar alarm go off.
37. He/ suffer/ rare tropical disease/ which/ contracted/ while/ Africa
A. He still suffers from a rare tropical disease which he contracted while he was in Africa.
B. He still suffers from a rare tropical disease which contracted while he was in Africa.
C. He suffers from a rare tropical disease which was contracted while he is in Africa.
D. He suffers from a rare tropical disease which he contracts while in Africa.
38. Laser/ device/ concentrate/ light waves/ intense beam.
A. Laser is a device concentrates light waves into an intense light beam.
B. The laser is a device to concentrate light waves to an intense light beam.
C. The laser is a device which concentrates light waves and an intense light beam.
D. Laser is a device which concentrates light waves into an intense light beam.
39. That book/ very thick/ belong/ younger sister.
A. That book, what is very thick, belongs to my younger sister.
B. That book, that is very thick, belongs to my younger sister.
C. That book, which is very thick, belongs to my younger sister.
D. That book, which is very thick, belongs my younger sister.
40. I did not answer the door even though I knew it was my friend.
A. Unless I knew it was my friend, I would not answer the door.
B. I knew it was my friend, but I did not answer the door.
C. Only when I answered the door did I knew it was my friend.
D. I answered the door since I knew it was my friend.
Read the passage and choose the best answers:
...Never say anything negative about past experiences, employers, or courses or professors. Always think of something positive about an experience and talk about that. You should also be __(31)__. If you are genuinely interested __(32)__ the job, let the interviewer know that.
One of the best ways to show you are keen on a job is to demonstrate that you have researched the organization prior to the interview. You can also __(33)__ interest by asking questions about the job, the organization, and its service and products. The best way to impress an employer is to ask questions that build your interview discussion. This shows you are interested and __(34)__ close attention to the interviewer. It is a good idea to prepare a few questions in advance, but an insightful comment based on your conversation can make an even stronger statement. At the __(35)__ of the interview, it is appropriate for you to ask when you may expect to hear from the employer.
41. A. enthusiasm B. enthusiastic C. enthusiastically D. enthusiast
42. A. with B. for C. on D. in
43. A. appear B. conceal C. show D. cover
44. A. pay B. choose C. make D. spend
45. A. close B. final C. end D. finish
Read the passage and choose the best answers:
University Entrance Examination is very important to Vietnamese students. High school graduates have to take it and get high results to be admitted to universities. The pressure on the candidates remains very high despite the measures that have been taken to reduce the heat around these exams, since securing a place in a state university is considered a major step towards a successful career for young people, especially those from rural areas or disadvantaged families. In the year 2004, it was estimated that nearly 1 million Vietnamese students took the University Entrance Examination, but on average only 1 out of 5 candidates succeeded. Normally, candidates take 3 exam subjects, and each lasts 180 minutes for the fixed group of subjects they choose. There are 4 fixed groups of subjects: Group A: Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry; Group B: Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology; Group C: Literature, History, and Geography; Group D: Literature, Foreign Language, and Mathematics.
In addition to universities, there are community colleges, art and technology institutes, professional secondary schools, and vocational schools which offer degrees or certificates from a-few-month to 2-year courses.
According to Vietnam's Ministry of Education and Training, there are currently 23 non-public universities, accounting for 11% of the total number of universities. These non-public universities are currently training 119,464 students or 11.7% of the total number of students. The government is planning to increase the number of non-public universities to 30% by 2007.
46. University Entrance Examination in Vietnam is very _________.
A. interesting B. stressful C. free D. easy
47. The word those refers to _________.
A. exam subjects B. young people C. universities D. examinations
48. In 2004, the proportion of the students who got success in University Entrance Examination was about _________ percent.
A. 5 B. 10 C. 20 D. 50
49. Which sentence refers to the University Entrance Examination in Vietnam?
A. Students find it easy to get success in the University Entrance Examination.
B. Maths is compulsory in the University Entrance Examination.
C. Students are not allowed to choose their exam subjects.
D. There are four fixed groups of exam subjects for students to choose.
50. According to the passage, _________.
A. the Vietnamese government will close all non-public universities by next year
B. the Vietnamese government does not appreciate non-public universities
C. the Vietnamese government encourages the establishment of non-public universities
D. Vietnamese students have no alternative to continue their higher study besides universities