Đề thi thử THPT Quốc gia năm 2017 môn Tiếng Anh trường THPT Chu Văn An, Yên Bái CÓ ĐÁP ÁN (4)
Ngân hàng đề thi thử THPT Quốc gia 2017 môn Tiếng Anh có đáp án
Chuẩn bị cho kỳ thi THPT Quốc gia 2017 môn Tiếng Anh sắp đến, VnDoc.com cung cấp Đề thi thử THPT Quốc gia năm 2017 môn Tiếng Anh trường THPT Chu Văn An, Yên Bái CÓ ĐÁP ÁN (4) giúp bạn có tài liệu ôn tập và rèn luyện kỹ năng làm bài thi đạt điểm cao. Chúc quý thầy cô và các em học sinh có được nguồn tư liệu hay mà mình đang tìm.
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the rest in the position of the main stress in each of the following questions.
1. A. offer B. invite C. succeed D. rehearse
2. A. engineering B. definition C. economics D. technology
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the rest in each of the following questions.
3. A. natural B. native C. nation D. nature
4. A. enough B. though C. cough D. rough
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
8. She treats us as if we _____________ all idiots.
A. are B. had been C. have been D. were
9. The couple put their wedding _____________ until next year.
A. off B. up C. on D. away
10. My brother rarely __________responsibilities in the family, which makes my father really angry.
A. gets B. takes C. receives D. brings
11. After months of testing, the Russian space scientists ___________a space suit that works better than any other in history.
A. came to B. came up with C. came up to D. came out with
12. Near the White House is another famous landmark ____________ the Washington Monument.
A. is which B. which calls C. called D. it is called
13. I enjoy my job as a nurse but it's taken me a year to ____________ to working at night.
A. get used B. use C. getting used D. being used
14. The group leader wanted that everyone worked together; she asked for everyone's ____________
A. combination B. management C. competition D. cooperation
15. "The longest fish in the contest was eighteen inches long." "It ____________by Peter."
A. was catching B. caught C. was caught D. will be caught
17. They said my illness was ___________. Don't they realize I'm in a lot of pain?
A. imaginary B. imagination C. imagine D. imaginative
18. It's necessary that the train ____________on time.
A. is B. will be C. has been D. be
19. If you _______________too much on your study, you will get tired and stressed.
A. develop B. concentrate C. invest D. arrange
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the most suitable response to complete each of the following exchanges.
20. "I can't thank you enough for your help." - " ____________________ ."
A. My pleasure B. My happiness C. I don't mind D. I'd love to
21. Bill: "How well do you play?" - Susan: " ________________"
A. Yes, I used to play when I was young. B. I don't play very often.
C. No, I don't play very well. D. Pretty well, I think.
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that best combines each pair of sentences in the following questions
22. The history of the United States is not long. It is interesting.
A. The history of the United States is long because it is interesting. .
B. The history of the United States is not long in spite of being interesting.
C. The history of the United States is not long but interesting.
D. The history of the United States is long but not interesting.
23. The bag is too heavy. I am not be able to carry it.
A. If the bag is not heavy, I can carry it myself.
B. Were I stronger, I would be able to carry the bag.
C. Had it not been for the bag's weight, I would have been able to carry it.
D. If I were you, I would not carry that heavy bag.
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that is CLOSEST in meaning to each of the following questions.
24. Keeping calm is the secret of passing your driving test.
A. It is a secret that you have passed the driving test.
B. As long as you keep calm, you will pass the driving test.
C. You have passed the driving test but you should keep calm.
D. You should keep your passing of the driving test secret.
25. " I will let you know the answer by the end of this week," Tom said to Janet
A. Tom promised to give Janet the answer by the end of the week
B. Tom insisted on giving the answer to Janet by the end of the week
C. Tom offered to give Janet the answer by the end of the week.
D. Tom suggested giving Janet the answer by the end of the week.
26. I'm sure it wasn't Mr. pike you saw because he is in London.
A. It can't have been Mr. Pike you saw because he is in London.
B. The person you saw mustn't be Mr. Pike because he is in London.
C. Mr. Pike, whom you saw, is in London.
D. It is likely that Mr.Pike you saw lives in London.
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word or phrase that is CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined part in each of the following questions.
27. There are three principles that govern which types of blood are compatible.
A. leaders B. effects C. rules D. factors
28. Look at that coat! It's getting worse and worse. I think it's imitation leather.
A. man-made B. natural C. valuable D. expensive
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word or phrase that is OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined part in each of the following questions.
29. Stone and marble were chosen for important monuments because they are incombustible and can be expected to endure.
A. easy to catch fire B. valueless C. soft and weak D. out of date
30. This quartet of extraodinarily talented musicians generated a phenomenal number of pieces that won gold records.
A. irresponsible B. incompetent C. intelligent D. impolite
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct word for each of the blanks.
Human beings have a strong need to put their experiences and problems into words. That is why everyone appreciates a "friendly car" – someone who is [<31>]___________ to listen to their troubles and joys. But few people realise what a complex skill listening is. Tobe a good listener requires great power of concentration, which can only be gained through [<32>]____________.
There are two reasons why listening is often such hard [<33>]___________. The first is simply that people much prefer to speak. How often have you missed what someone has said because you were thinking about what you were going to say in reply? The second reason is that people speak too slowly. The average speed is about 125 words per minutes, [<34>]________is not fast enough for the human brain. It allows too much time for the concentration to fail, as the brain tries to keep itself busy with other irrelevant thoughts.
Next time you are in listening situation, try to predict what the speaker is going to say. Ask yourself questions about what is being said, and see if the speaker answers them. Finally, make quick summaries [<35>]__________ your head of the main points that have been made. All of these things will help you to concentrate and make you a better listener.
31. A. willing B. agreed C. capable D. convenient
32. A. study B. practice C. theory D. life
33. A. work B. task C. job D. act
34. A. what B. that C. this D. which.
35. A. in B. of C. about D. with
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer for each of the questions
DRINKING AND DRIVING
The legal limit for driving after drinking alcohol is 80 milligrams of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood, when tested. But there is no sure way of telling how much you can drink before you reach this limit. It varies with each person depending on your weight, your sex, if you've just eaten and what sort of drinks you've had. Some people might reach their limit after only about three standard drinks.
In fact, your driving ability can be affected by just one or two drinks. Even if you're below the legal limit, you could still be taken to court if a police officer thinks your driving has been affected by alcohol.
It takes about an hour for the body to get rid of the alcohol in one standard drink. So, if you have a heavy drinking session in the evening you might find that your driving ability is still affected the next morning, or you could even find that you're still over the legal limit. In addition, if you've had a few drinks at lunchtime, another one or two drinks in the early evening may well put you over the legal limit.
In a test with professional drivers, the more alcoholic drinks they had had the more certain they were that they could drive a test course through a set of moveable posts.....and the less able they were to do it!
So the only way to be sure you're safe is not to drink at all.
Alcohol is a major cause of road traffic accidents. One in three of the drivers killed in road accidents have levels of alcohol which are over the legal limit, and road accidents after drinking are the biggest cause of death among young men. More than half of the people stopped by the police to take a breathalyzer test have a blood alcohol concentration of more than twice the legal limit.
It is important to remember that driving after you've been drinking doesn't just affect you. If you're involved in an accident it affects a lot of other people as well, not least the peron you might kill or injure.