Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh học trường THPT Chuyên Nguyễn Huệ, Hà Nội năm học 2017 - 2018 (Lần 1)
Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh năm học 2017 - 2018
Với mong muốn giúp các em học sinh chuẩn bị tham dự kì thi tuyển vào lớp 10 và quý thầy cô giáo có thêm tài liệu tham khảo, VnDoc.com xin giới thiệu đến các bạn Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh học trường THPT Chuyên Nguyễn Huệ, Hà Nội năm học 2017 - 2018 (Lần 1). Hi vọng, đây sẽ là tài liệu hữu ích cho việc ôn tập của các bạn học sinh. Chúc các bạn ôn tập tốt và đạt kết quả cao trong kì thi.
Questions 1-5: Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others in each group by circling A, B, C or D and then write your answers in the box below.
1. A. condition
2. A. weather
3. A. meeting
4. A. happened
5. A. pays
Questions 6-10: Choose the word whose main stress pattern is not the same as that of the others by circling A, B, C or D and then write your answers in the box below.
6. A. application
7. A. university
8. A. identify
9. A. academic
10. A. obligatory
Questions 11-30: Choose the word or phrase which best completes these sentences or best replaced the underlined word(s) by circling A, B, C or D and then write your answers in the box below.
11. As the earth turns, half of the planet_________ the sun, and the other half faces away.
A. meets B. likes C. enters D. faces
12. That restaurant is ________ dirty that few people eat in it.
A. so B. such C. very D. too
13. You dislike playing basketball and table tennis,________?
A. don't you B. do you C. won't you D. will you
14. That was a __________- ceremony.
A. prepared-well B. well-prepared C. prepare-well D. well-prepare
15. "How wide is this street?" "–___. "
A. It's 20 meters wide B. It's wide 20 meters
C. It's 20 meters in wide D. It's in wide 20 meters
16. At the _____________- to the village stands a big old banyan tree.
A. entrance B. enter C. fence D. hedge
17. I suggest he _________________- money to buy a new car.
B. save B. saves C. saved D. saving
17. –"I'm taking my first exam next week". – " ".
A. Cheers B. Good luck C. Well done D. Congratulations
18. I'm not accustomed _________ up so early.
A. to getting B. to get C. by getting D. get
19. I wish I _______________ work tomorrow.
A. won't have to B. don't have to C. didn't have to D. needn't
20. It's necessary that every student of our class _ hard.
A. study B. studying C. to study D. studies
21. My teacher arrived after I ___________ for her ten minutes.
A. waiting B. was waiting C. had waited D. have waited
22. – "What a lovely house you have!" – " ".
A. Of course not, it's not costly B. I think so
C. Thank you. Hope you will drop in D. No problem
23. Remember ____________ the door before going to bed.
A. locking B. to lock C. locked D. not locking
24. Some of my friends are taking extra classes in English_____________ become tourist guides.
A. so that B. so as C. in order that D. so as to
25. There are a lot of people at my friend's wedding party, only a few of _ I had met before.
A. who B. whose C. whom D. which
26. You should have known that Anne could not keep a secret. Never again ___________ her anything.
A. will tell B. I tell C. will I tell D. I will tell
27. This is the first time I ____________ this Shakespeare's novel.
A. read B. have read C. reading D. to read
28. They didn't understand the matter, __________________, they didn't ask for help.
A. but B. however C. moreover D. and
29. Do you know________?
A. what it was wrong B. what was it wrong C. what wrong it was D. what's wrong with it
Questions 31-40: Use the verbs in brackets in the correct tense or form. Write your answer in the box below.
30. His sister (give) a car for her twentieth birthday next year.
31. I (read) the book you lent me, so you can have it back now.
32. He (elect) president of the football club at their last meeting.
33. My room (not clean) yet.
34. The house was very quiet when I got home. Everybody (go) to bed.
35. Many books (write) about the Second World War.
36. The name of the new town (choose) by the committee tomorrow.
37. Present day problems demand that we (be) ready for any emergency.
38. You (not go) there because he did not expect you.
39. You (walk) too fast. That's why you are tired.
Questions 41-46: Use the correct form of the word in brackets. Write your answer in the box below.
40. The ___________ of the new system will take several days. (INSTALL)
41. This type of behaviour is no longer _________ acceptable. (SOCIETY)
42. Teachers must keep a record of students' ___________. (ATTEND)
43. Our school set up a project to _____________ the library system. (COMPUTER)
44. Watching television can be very _. (EDUCATION)
45. He works for UNESCO in a purely ____________ role. (ADVICE)
Questions 47-55: Choose the correct preposition or particle to complete each sentence. Write your answer in the box below.
46. _________________ behalf of the department I would like to thank you all.
47. They were refused entrance ______________ the exhibition.
48. He graduated ___________ York with a degree in Psychology.
49. We had an argument ______________ the waiter about the bill.
50. She complimented him _____________- his exellent German.
51. She sacrificed everything _______________ her children.
52. Sit down and make yourself ________________ home.
53. He works away ________________ home during the week.
54. The searchers spread _________________ to over the area faster.
Questions 56-65: Choose the word which best fits each gap of the passage by circling A, B, C or D and then write your answers in the box below.
Dolphins communicate mainly by (56) of sounds. These sounds not only (57) whistles, but also so-called pulsed sounds, which are often described as squawks, barks, rasps, etc. However, they also use breaching (jumping and falling back into the (58) with a loud splash) and pectoral fin (or flipper) and tail (or fluke) slaps (hitting the flipper or fluke on the water surface). Body posturing and jaw popping also have a role in (59)___. As for language, we do not know (60) they have one. Several studies have demonstrated that dolphins can understand a structured language like (61)___. This has been demonstrated for a number of other animal species as well (gorilla, California sea lion, and parrot). Some studies also indicate that dolphins' vocalizations are complex (62) to support some form of language. (63)____, it has not been demonstrated (64) that they can undoubtedly communicate (65) themselves.
55. A. way B. mean C. using D. means
56. A. have B. include C. contain D. combine