Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 15: Cities - Lesson 5
Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 10
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 15: Cities - Lesson 5 được VnDoc sưu tầm và giới thiệu để có thể chuẩn bị giáo án và bài giảng hiệu quả, giúp quý thầy cô tiết kiệm thời gian và công sức làm việc. Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh 10 này được soạn phù hợp quy định Bộ Giáo dục và nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu bài học hơn.
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 15: Cities - Lesson 3
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 15: Cities - Lesson 4
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 16: Historical places - Lesson 1
- Pronunciation: /θ/, / ð /
- Non- defining and defining relative clauses.
II. Teaching aids:
Pictures, posters, lesson plan, textbook, etc.
Students’ s activities
* Warm up.
- Show a picture of Tom’s family (3 brothers).
- Ask: How many people are there in Tom’s family?
- How many brothers are there in Tom’s family?
-Write this sentence on the blackboard.
There are three brothers in Tom’s family.
-There are three brothers in Tom’s family.
/θ / / ð /
- Ask students to read this sentence in chorus.
- Ask them to pronounce two sounds:
- Describe how to pronounce the 2 sounds clearly.
- Ask students to open their books page 164.
- Ask Ss to listen and repeat: /θ/ /ð/
- Ask students to practice in pairs
- Get some students to pronounce these words individually before the class.
- Play a game.
- Without looking back at the textbooks, put some words pronounced / θ/ in column A. and some words pronounced / ð / in column B
- Divide into 2 groups.
- Choose the winner.
- Practice the sentences.
(These sentences are written on a poster)
- Ask students to listen and repeat.
- Get some Ss to go to the blackboard and use two kinds of coloured chalk to underline the words pronounced /θ/, / ð /
- Conduct correction.
- Get students to practice 3 minutes.
- Get some Ss to read these sentences individually.
- Correct their mistakes.
- Get Ss to read these sentences in chorus again.
Shows a picture of New York Harbour (textbook)
Asks: What is it?
*Says: New York Harbour, which is ice-free in
N – R - Clause
all seasons, is one of the largest and finest harbours in the world.
- Writes this sentence on the blackboard
Gives another example.
*The man who lives next door is very friendly.
“That” is not used in non-defining rela clauses
Connecting contrasting ideas: Although.
- Give an example
Says: Although it is raining, they’re still playing football. S V
- Write this sentence on the board
- Ask Ss to look at the example in their textbooks
Ex: Although New York is not the capital of the
U.S.A, it is the home of the United Nations.
ex: Though it is raining, they’re still playing football.
Teacher assigns homework.
- Five people.
- Three brothers.
- Read in chorus.
- Pronounce the sounds in chorus.
- Repeat after the teacher(3 times).
- Pratise in pairs.
/θ/ / ð /
- Repeat in chorus.
- Read in chorus.
* Non-defining and defining relative clauses.
Beginning: which, who, whom, whose, that.
- Non-defining relative clauses:
+ After comma
+ can be omitted
+ After proper noun, possessive adj, demonstrative adj
“Who lives next door” is relative clause
* Defining relative clauses
+ Not after comma
+ can not be omitted
- Take notes
- Copy down
* Connecting contrasting ideas: Although
- Beginning: Although = Even though= Though + S +V
- Replaced by In spite of/ despite + N. Phr.
- Copy down
- Write down
- Do the exercises again