Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 16: Historical places - Lesson 1
Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 10
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 16: Historical places - Lesson 1 được VnDoc sưu tầm và giới thiệu để có thể chuẩn bị giáo án và bài giảng hiệu quả, giúp quý thầy cô tiết kiệm thời gian và công sức làm việc. Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh 10 này được soạn phù hợp quy định Bộ Giáo dục và nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu bài học hơn.
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 15: Cities - Lesson 4
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 15: Cities - Lesson 5
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 16: Historical places - Lesson 2
1. Education aim: Sts know about Van Mieu – Quoc Tu Giam.
a. General knowledge: Sts can talk about Van Mieu – Quoc Tu Giam.
b. Language: Sts can recall more about:
- The simple past tense.
- Vocabulary to talk about historical places.
- Reading for general ideas and specific information.
- Choosing the best suitable words and guessing in context.
- Deciding on True or False statements.
- Discussing in group.
II. Teaching aids: Textbook, blackboard, chalk, ...…
III. Anticipated problems: Students may not have sufficient words to talk about the topic .
1. Warm-up: Network..(5minutes)
- Ask students to work in groups of 3-4 students .
- Ask the students to name some historical places in Vietnam.
- After 2 minutes, the group which has the longest list will be the winner
2. Before you read: (8 minutes)
Aims: To provide students with words/phrases about historical places.
-- Students are required to work in pairs to answer the questions in the textbook.
- Go around to offer help S.
- Ask some S to answer the questions.
- Listen and help S to give correct answers.
1. Co Loa Citadel. Hoa Lu Capital. Con- Son- Kiep Bac Site. Den Hung Remains, Quang Tri Citadel, Hue Imperial City. Hoi An City, etc.
2. Yes, it is. It is the first university of Vietnam.
3. Van Mieu- Quoc Tu Giam was founded in 1070 by the Ly Dynastry. It is one of the most visited places in Hanoi.
- Give S some new words:
* The new words/phrases are:
+ Confucian ( a): o
+ engrave ( v):
+ stelae ( n):
+ banyan trees ( n):
+ tortoise ( n):
Read each word/phrase 3 times and ask the students to repeat it.
Ask 4-5 students to read all the word/phrases aloud in front of the class (1 student/ 1 time)
Listen and help the students to read the words/phrases correctly.
3. While you read: (20 minutes)
Aims: Read for information to do the task, and do the tasks.
Task 1: Guesing in context
- Ask the students to read the passage indepently then find the italicised words in task 1.
- Write these words on board:
Originally, representative, memorialise, engrave, flourish.
- Ask S to go back to the text to locate and underline these words and try to guess the meanings.
- T might want to check that S understand all these words by callingon some S to tell the meanings in Vietnamese.
- S are required to compare their answers with their partner.
- Call on students to read and explain their answers aloud in front of the class.
- Feedback and give correct answers:
1. b 2. a 3. c 4. b 5. c
Task 2: Deciding on True or False statement
- Ask S read the text more carefully and decide whether the statements are true (T) or false (F). Correct the false information.
- Ask s to do the task individually and then check their answers with their friend.
- Ask some representatives to give their choice orally in front of the class and explain their answers.
- Listen and help S to give the right answer.
1. F (it was built in 1070) 2. T
3. F (from 11th century to 18th century)
4. F (it is an example of well- preseved traditional Vietnamese architecture) 5. T 6. T
4. After you read: (10 minutes)
Aims: S can talk briefly about Van Mieu- Quoc Tu Giam.
- Ask S to work in groups of 3 or 4 and prepare a talk about Van Mieu- Quoc Tu Giam, using the suggestions in the textbook.
- Go round to help the students with their work.
- Ask some S to talk in front of the class and give feedback.
Van Mieu- Quoc Tu Giam is a historical and cultural relic of Vietnam, which attracts a great number of visitors every year. Van Mieu- Quoc Tu Giam was built originally by the Ly dynasty in 1070 in Hanoi. Quoc Tu Giam was considered the first university of Vietnam, which was established on the grounds of Vietnam. Royal exams used to take place here and the first comers were honoured by having their names carved on the stone stelae. These talae were carried on the backs of giant tortoises, which can still be seen today.
5. Homework: (2 minutes)
- Write a passage about Van Mieu- Quoc Tu Giam.
- Work in groups
- Work in pairs.
- Some S answer the questions
- Read after the T and then read individually.
- Listen and take notes
- Work individually
- Some S do the task orally while others listen.
- Read the text and do the task individually
- Check the answers with a partner.
- Some S present.
- Listen to the T
- Work in groups
- S take turn to talk about Van Mieu- Quoc Tu Giam.