Bài tập ngữ pháp Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 5: Illiteracy
Bài tập ngữ pháp Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 5: Illiteracy
Câu tường thuật (còn gọi là câu gián tiếp) là câu tường thuật lại lời nói của người khác. Trong Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 5, bạn sẽ được học Câu tường thuật với các động từ đặc biệt. Để ôn tập, củng cố kiến thức, mời các em tham khảo bài tập ngữ pháp Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 5: Illiteracy.
Choose the best answer.
1. "You cheated in the exam," the teacher said to his students.
a. The teacher insisted his students on cheating in the exam.
b. The teacher prevented his students from cheating in the exam.
c. The teacher advised his students to cheat in the exam.
d. The teacher accused his students of cheating in the exam.
2. My friend _______.
a. suggested going for a walk
b. suggested us going for a walk
c. advised to go for a walk
d. would like going for a walk
3. John _______ him carry the package.
a. thanked me for helping
c. told me to thank with helping
b. said thanking with me to help
d. asked me to thank and help
4. The group leader prevented his members _______.
a. from going on b. going on c. to go on d. to going on
5. "May I go out, Mum?" - "No, I won't let you go out."
a. The mother prevented her child from going out.
b. The mother suggested going out
c. The mother thanked her child for going out
d. The mother insisted her child on going out
6. "Great! You are well-dress today, Mary" said Tommy.
a. Tommy accused Mary on being well-dress.
b. Tommy complimented Mary on being well -dress.
c. Tommy told Mary to be well-dress.
d. Tommy wanted Mary to be well-dress.
7. "Thank you very much for your help, John" said Daisy.
a. Daisy thanked John for helping her.
b. Daisy told John to help her.
c. Daisy wanted John to help her and said thanks.
d. Daisy would like John to help her.
8. "Are you the new manager, Daisy? Congratulation!" said Billy.
a. Billy looked forward to being the new manager.
b. Billy dreamed of being the new manager.
c. Billy prevented Daisy from being the new manager.
d. Billy congratulated Daisy on being the new manager.
9. Jane suggested going to the cinema.
a. Jane said, "Let's go to the cinema, shall we?"
b. Jane said, "We oughtn't to go to the cinema."
c. Jane said, "I hate going to the cinema."
d. Jane said, "Going to the cinema is boring"
10. "_______" the boy insisted.
a. Do you go out with me?
b. Do you want to go out with me?
c. Come on! Please go out with me,
d. You had better go out with me,
11. "_______," Peter denied.
a. I did not take your umbrella
b. I will not take your umbrella
c. I shouldn't have taken your umbrella.
d. I mustn't take your umbrella
12. "______" Andy suggested.
a. Are you going for a walk?
b. How about going for a walk?
c. Could you go for a walk?
d. Did you go for a walk?
13. "______," the secretary proposed.
a. Excuse me! We will buy some more equipment
b. I think we should buy some more equipment
c. Thank you very much for some more equipment
d. You should not have bought some more equipment
14. "______," the boy admitted.
a. I would like to spoil the food b. I will spoil the food
c. I'm sorry. I spoilt the food d. I must spoil the food
15. " May I go out, Mum?" - " No, I won't let you go out"
a. The mother prevented her child from going out. b. The mother suggested going out.
c. The mother thanked her child for going out d. The mother insisted her child on going out.
16. The police warned me against coming near the barrier.
a. "Please come near the barrier," The police said.
b. "Don't come near the barrier," The police said.
c. "I would like to come near the barrier," The police said.
d. "Let's come near the barrier," The police said.
17. "Don't touch that flower!" the old lady said to the boy.
a. The old lady wanted the boy not touching that flower.
b. The old lady insisted the boy on touching that flower.
c. The old lady warned the boy against touching that flower.
d. The old lady congratulated the boy on not touching that flower.
18. "Please give me some more money, Mum," Daisy said.
a. Daisy protected her mother from giving her some more money.
b. Daisy insisted her mother on giving her some money.
c. Daisy dreamed of her mother giving her some more money.
d. Daisy looked forward to giving her mother some more money.
19. "You have just got a promotion, haven't you? Congratulation!" Peter said to his friend.
a. Peter dreamed of getting promotion.
b. Peter told his friend if his friend getting a promotion.
c. Peter asked his friend on getting a promotion.
d. Peter congratulated his friend on getting on promotion.
20. " You must not get into the area," the policemen said.
a. The policemen stopped them from getting into the area.
b. The policemen denied from getting into the area.
c. The policemen wanted them to get into the area.
d. The policemen suggested getting into the area.
21. Mary accused Peter of stealing her money.
a. Mary said, "It is you that stole my money."
b. Mary said, "Congratulation! Well done with your stealing my money."
c. Mary said, "Could you please steal my money."
d. Mary said, "Don't steal my money."
22. "_______" the secretary proposed.
a. Excuse me! We will buy some more equipment,
b. I think we should buy some more equipment,
c. Thank you very much for some more equipment,
d. You should not have bought some more equipment,
23. "________" Henry complimented.
a. How about the new dress? b. What about the new dress?
c. Buy the new dress, will you? d. How pretty you are in the new dress!
24. " I am sorry. I broke the vase," my little son said.
a. My little son said that he was sorry and he would break the vase.
b. My little son refused breaking the vase and said sorry.
c. My little son threatened to break the vase.
d. My little son admitted breaking the vase.
25. "_______?" John's teacher advised him.
a. Why don't you try again b. Why do you try again
c. Why did you try again d. Why must you try again
26. Claire had ______ her the truth.
a. made to promise me to tell b. made me promising to tell
c. made me promise to tell d. made me promise telling
27. A passer-by _____ his car so that it was not causing an obstruction.
a. told that the driver to move b. wanted that the driver move
c. told the driver to move d. suggested the driver to move
28. "You ______ take more exercise," my doctor advised me.
a. would like to b. ought to c. mustn't d. would
29. "I didn't take your phone"
a. She denied not taking my phone b. She denied to take my phone.
c. She admitted not taking my phone. d. She promised not to take my phone.
30. "If I were you, I wouldn't buy that book."
a. She told me to buy that book. c. She advised me to buy that book.
c. She advised me not to buy that book. d. She suggested me not buying that book.