Bài tập ôn thi học kỳ 1 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 10 có đáp án
Bài tập ôn thi học kỳ 1 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 10 có đáp án
Bài tập ôn thi học kỳ 1 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 10 có đáp án là tài liệu ôn thi học kỳ 1 dành cho các em học sinh lớp 10 ôn tập và củng cố kiến thức hiệu quả để sẵn sàng cho kỳ thi và đạt kết quả như mong đợi. Sau đây mời các em làm bài và tham khảo đáp án nhé!
I. Choose the word that has the underlined (letters) pronounced differently from the others.
1. a. scream b. death c. ready d. peasant
2. a. frightening b. brigade c. pilot d. fire
3. a. climax b. English c. history d. physics
4. a. hard b. start c. party d. talk
5. a. love b. above c. corner d. worry
6. a. father b. traffic c. hard d. party
7. a. please b. meat c. bread d. eat
8. a. language b. package c. mathematics d. marvelous
9. a. chemistry b. prepare c. receive d. degree
10. a. trouble b. study c. tutor d. subject
11. a. tea b. death c. leave d. seat
12. a. mature b. angry c. travel d. background
13. a. media b. television c. scene d. secret
14. a. cartoon b. moon c. flood d. too
15. a. radio b. latest c. nature d. drama
II. Choose the word whose main stress is placed differently from the others.
1. a. passenger b. purchase c. district d. routine
2. a. repair b. harrow c. arrive d. announce
3. a. husband b. brigade c. neighbour d. peasant
4. a. accident b. frightening c. occasion d. timetable
5. a. chemistry b. contented c. passenger d. wonderful
6. a. comfortable b. experience c. interesting d. reasonable
7. a. important b. profession c. Geography d. Literature
8. a. consider b. semester c. profession d. chemistry
9. a. geography b. biology c. history d. technology
10. a. address b. language c. business d. pleasure
11. a. obtain b. determine c. award d. harbour
12. a. general b. difficulty c. brilliant d. mature
13. a. education b. difficulty c. champion d. institute
14. a. satisfied b. afternoon c. buffalo d. history
15. a. disabled b. mentally c. retarded d. consuming
I. VERB FORMS
Put each verb in brackets into a suitable form or tense.
1. When you arrive in HCM city, remember (SEND)/ to send me a postcard.
2. Yesterday, we (GO)/ went for a walk after we (PREPARE)/ had prepared all my lessons.
3. Would you mind (SHOW)/ showing me the way to do this test?
4. When I switched the TV on, the program (START) had started, so I missed the first part.
5. You didn't need (PAY) to pay the money back. (active meaning)
6. We've planned (TAKE) to take a vacation this year.
7. You should try (DO) to do all these tests before watching T.V.
8. Mike is considering (BUY) buying a new car.
9. Bill usually (WALK) walks to work but he (not WALK) didn't walk today.
10. He (not STOP) hasn't stopped sending her letters since she (MOVE) moved to a different town.
11. It's useful (KNOW)/ to know English.
12. I hate (STAND)/ standing in a queue. It's such a waste of time.
13. My baby daughter is just learning (SPEAK)/ to speak. She can say two words 'Mama and Daddy".
14. My jeans need ( WASH)/ washing. They are dirty. (passive meaning)
15. I happened ( SEE)/ to see your sister yesterday. (tình cờ)
16. While I (try)/ was trying to get my car started, a passing car (stop)/ stopped and the driver (offer)/ offered to help.
17. The police (pay)/ paid no attention to Clare's complaint because she (phone)/ had phoned them so many times before.
18. Mary (not wear)/ didn't wear her glasses at the time, so she (not notice)/ didn't notice what kind of the car the man (drive) was driving.
19. Tony (admit) admitted that he (hit) had hit the other car , but said that he (not damage)/ hadn't damaged it .
20. Helen (feel)/ felt tired, and while she (learn)/ was learning the lessons, she (fall)/ fell asleep.
21. Before that sport event at the Olympic Games 2004 , no one (hear)/ had heard of him.
22. Someone (eat) have eaten all the cakes. I'll have to buy some more.
23. My throat is really sore. I (sing)/ have sung all evening.
24. George (not be) won't be back until six. Can I take a message?
25. By the time we reached home, the rain (stop)/ had stopped.
26. This tooth (kill)/ has been killing me lately! So I (make)/ have made an appointment with the dentist for Tuesday.
II. RELATIVE CLAUSES
TASK 1: Combine the sentences, using relative clauses and insert commas where necessary.
1. Where are the children? Their ball broke our window.
=> Where are the children whose ball broke our window?
2. Tom is playing football with a boy. The boy is his cousin.
=> The boy whom/ who Tom is playing football with is his cousin.
3. I remember the day .I was afraid to use my new computer then.
=> I remember the day when I was afraid to use my new computer.
4. I lent my jacket to Pam. The jacket is made of leather.
=> The jacket, which is made of leather, I lent to Pam.
5. Some people dream of a job. They can do the job without technology.
=> Some people dream of a job which/that they can do without technology.
6. You sent me a present. Thank you very much for it.
=> Thank you very much for a present which/ that you sent me.
7. There wasn't any directory (danh bạ điện thoại) in the telephone box. I was phoning from this box.
=> There wasn't any directory in the telephone box which I was phoning from.
8. She refuses to use machines. This makes her work more arduous.
=> She refuses to use machines which (thay cho cả câu) makes her work more arduous.
9. This novel was written over 100 years ago. It is still relevant today.
=> This novel, which is still relevant today, was written over 100 years ago.
10. Emilia and I shared a room. We spent nights talking there.
=> Emilia and I shared a room where/ in which We spent nights talking.
TASK 2: Add the correct relative pronoun or adverb to complete the sentence.
1. Is that the girl who sent you the Valentine's card?
2. The reason why John is successful is that he works very hard.
3. The Titanic, which sank in 1922, was supposed to be unsinkable.
4. What is the name of the woman who works in the chemist's?
5. Mai was looking for a dog whose leg had been broken in an accident.
6. The earth, which is the fifth largest planet in the solar system, is the third planet from the sun.
7. Hanoi, where thousands of tourists come to visit every year, is the capital of Vietnam.
8. I'll never forget the time when she fell into the swimming pool..
9. People whose outlook on life is optimistic are usually happy people.
10. She refused to use the machine, which makes her work more difficult.
11. Sam is mending the chair which he broke yesterday.
12. This is the town where my favorite singer lives.
III. BECAUSE, BECAUSE OF, ALTHOUGH, IN SPITE OF, DESPITE
Rewrite the following sentences using the conjunction or phrase given in parentheses.
1. He is rich but he isn't happy.
=> Although he is rich, he isn't happy.
2. Cars cause pollution but people still want them.
=> Although cars cause pollution,people still want them.
3. Mr. Nam was successful in his life although he came from a poor family.
=> Despite coming from a poor family, Mr. Nam was successful in his life.
4. Though he is intelligent, he can't do all these tests well.
=> In spite of being intelligent, he can't do all these tests well.
5. In spite of his much experience in machinery, he didn't succeed in repairing this machine.
=> Although he had much experience in machinery, he didn't succeed in repairing this machine.
6. Don't shout at her in spite of her laziness.
=> Though she is lazy don't shout at her.
7. It was raining heavily but I went swimming .
=> In spite of the heavy rain I went swimming.
8. Though Lan is beautiful and intelligent, she is never proud of herself. (As)
=> Beautiful and intelligent as Lan is, she never proud of herself.
9. Lan is always admired by her friends because she is intelligent.
=> Because of being intelligent, Lan is always admired by her friends.
10. We don't spend much time on our housework because a lot of devices for the home were invented.
=> Because of the inventions of many devices for the home, we don't spend much time on our housework.
11. We always trust Nam because he is wise and honest.
=> We always trust Nam because of his wisdom and honesty.
12. Because of Lan's poverty, she can't continue her study at the university. (Because)
=> Because Lan is poor, she can't continue her study at the university.