Đề thi giữa học kì 1 lớp 12 môn Anh năm 2020 - 2021
Đề thi giữa học kì 1 lớp 12 môn tiếng Anh có đáp án
Đề thi tiếng Anh lớp 12 giữa học kì 1 có đáp án dưới đây nằm trong bộ đề kiểm tra giữa kì 1 lớp 12 môn Anh năm 2020 - 2021 do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề thi tiếng Anh giữa học kì 1 lớp 12 có đáp án được biên tập dưới nhiều dạng bài tập tiếng Anh 12 mới giúp các em nâng cao kỹ năng tiếng Anh cơ bản.
I. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
1. He is ____ influenced by his father and grandfather. His behaviors and decisions are exactly the same.
2. We ____ to the hospital to visit Mike when he ____ to say that he was fine.
A. were driving - was calling
B. drove - called
C. were driving – called
D. drove - was calling
3. After a hard-working day, I went to ____ bed and had ____ most beautiful dream ever.
A. the - the
B. a – the
C. a – a
D. Ø – the
4. “Shall we talk about Larry or Oprah?” - “___________”
A. Never mind. There is always something to do.
B. We'd better talk about them both.
C. Wow! They are adorable.
D. Oh, I see what you mean.
5. The monk insisted that the tourists ____ the temple until they had removed their shoes.
A. not enter
B. not entering
C. not to ente
D. to not enter
6. They hope to ____ a cure for the disease.
A. catch up on
B. come up with
C. fill up with
D. go out with
7. The map of top ten most densely ____ countries in the world includes Monaco, Singapore, Bahrain, Malta and Bangladesh.
8. The rate of urbanization is low, ____ the rate of urban growth is high.
9. Anna organized a few games to ____ the ice when the new students first arrived.
10. Anna: "In my opinion, some people should stay in rural areas as well as work on agriculture."
A. I'm not afraid I don't agree.
B. I'm not sure about that.
C. I'm so sorry, but I agree.
D. Not at all, thanks.
11. The council wants to ____ the character of the city while reconstructing the Old Quarter.
12. Switching to ____ eco light bulb is one way to protect the environment.
13. After the children finished their dinner, they went to bed ____ listened to a bedtime story before falling asleep.
14. Mark: "In the next round, we are going to present the pros and cons of urbanization."
A. Good chance.
B. Good day.
C. Good luck.
D. Good time.
II. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
15. Her courage not only inspired her followers but moved her rivals as well.
16. Polish artist Pawel Kuczynski creates satirical paintings filled with thought-provoking messages about the world.
17. Many of the immigrants have intermarried with the island's original inhabitants.
18. For environmental safety, we need to find ways to reduce emission of fumes and smoke of factories.
III. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
19. It is not fair to give such a challenging task to an inexperienced staff like her.
20. I propose that we wait until the budget has been announced before committing ourselves to any expenditure.
21. She stays incredibly focused and is never distracted by others.
22. She comes from an admirable and respectable family.
IV. Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks.
Rapid urbanization can hold long-term economic, social and environmental promise for developing countries (23) ____ investments made now in infrastructure, housing and public services are efficient and sustainable, the World Bank says in a new report.
In the next two decades, cities are (24) ____ to expand by another two billion residents, as people move in unprecedented numbers from rural areas to pursue hopes and aspirations in cities. More than 90% of this urban population growth is expected to occur in the developing world, (25) ____ many cities are already struggling to provide basic needs such as water, electricity, transport, health services and education.
Report authors note that most new urban growth will not take (26) ____ in the “megacities” of the world e.g. Rio de Janeiro, Jakarta or New Delhi but rather in less commonly recognized “secondary” cities - places like Fushun in China, and Surat in India.
To help policymakers prepare for and manage growth, the report distills lessons learned from 12 countries across all geographic regions and stages of urbanization. It then translates these global lessons (27) ____ practical policy advice.
|23. A. if||B. unless||C. whether||D. while|
|24. A. predictable||B. predicted||C. predicting||D. predictions|
|25. A. what||B. where||C. which||D. why|
|26. A. form||B. hand||C. place||D. time|
|27. A. by||B. into||C. up to||D. up with|
V. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the sentence that is closest in meaning to each of the following questions.
28. Rapid ups and downs in the number of students could be observed in June.
A. The number of students changed dramatically in June.
B. The number of students did not stay the same in June.
C. The number of students fluctuated wildly in June.
D. The number of students went up and then fell in June.
29. The rapid urbanization led to many serious problems. One of those is the growth of slums.
A. The rapid urbanization is the cause of many serious problems such as the growth of slums.
B. The rapid urbanization is consequent of many serious problems like the growth of slums.
C. The rapid urbanization is created by many serious problems such as the growth of slums.
D. The rapid urbanization is resulted by many serious problems like the growth of slums.
30. You can always count on me.
A. I'll never take you down.
B. I'll never let you down.
C. I'll never hold you down.
D. I'll never make you down.
31. A car hit the fence of my garden. I was cleaning the swimming pool.
A. While a car hit the fence I was cleaning the swimming pool.
B. A car hit the fence and I was cleaning the swimming pool.
C. I was cleaning the swimming pool when a car hit the fence.
D. I was cleaning the swimming pool then a car hit the fence.
32. He doesn't like going out. He doesn't invite any friends home.
A. He either goes out or invites any friends home.
B. He neither goes out nor invites any friends home.
C. He not only goes out but also invites any friends home.
D. He goes out but not invites any friends home.
VI. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
|33. A. distributed||B. used||C. emailed||D. copied|
|34. A. invented||B. contributed||C. attributed||D. welcomed|
|35. A. wicked||B. reduced||C. influenced||D. expressed|
|36. A. accessed||B. searched||C. surfed||D. recorded|
VII. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of the primary stress in each of the following questions.
|37. A. tablet||B. media||C. social||D. subscribe|
|38. A. newspaper||B. smartphone||C. access||D. device|
|39. A. computer||B. technology||C. magazine||D. connection|
|40. A. networking||B. television||C. socialize||D. communication|
Đáp án có trong file tải: Đề thi giữa học kì 1 môn tiếng Anh lớp 12 có đáp án. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh 12 khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 12, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 12, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 12,... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.
Mời quý thầy cô, các bậc phụ huynh tham gia nhóm Facebook: Tài liệu ôn tập lớp 12 để tham khảo chi tiết các tài liệu học tập lớp 12 các môn năm 2020 - 2021.