Đề thi học kỳ 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 10 trường THPT Trần Hưng Đạo, TP Hồ Chí Minh năm học 2016 - 2017 có đáp án
Đề thi học kỳ 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 10 có đáp án
Làm thế nào để tăng cường kiến thức và kỹ năng làm bài để đạt điểm cao trong kì thi học kỳ 2 sắp tới? VnDoc.com gợi ý Đề thi học kỳ 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 10 trường THPT Trần Hưng Đạo, TP Hồ Chí Minh năm học 2016 - 2017 có đáp án như một tài liệu tham khảo giúp ích cho quá trình ôn thi của bạn. Hi vọng, với đa dạng các bài tập trong bộ sưu tập này sẽ giúp các bạn ôn tập thật hiệu quả.
1. Where is the woman going to go on holiday this year?
A. Canada B. Italy C. Turkey
2. What time was the man's appointment?
A. 10:30 B. 11:00 C. 11:40
3. What will the weather be like?
A. snowy B. sunny C. rainy
4. How far is the nearest supermarket?
A. 5 kilometres away B. 3 kilometres away C. 1 kilometre away
5. Which table does Sally like?
A. small round table B. big round table C. small square table
I. Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
6. A. photograph B. weigh C. laugh D. orphan
7. A. delights B. orphans C. reserves D. viewers
II. Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of the primary stress in each of the following questions.
8. A. existence B. character C. tournament D. interesting
9. A. competition B. participant C. event D. composer
III. Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) SIMILAR in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
10. In the first decade of the 20th century, films were short and had no sound.
A. a period of ten years B. a period of fifty years.
C. a period of one thousand years D. a period of one hundred years
IV. Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
11. In tropical waters a sea snake is found, which, though very poisonous, rarely bites.
A. toxic B. venomous C. nontoxic D. fatal
V. Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
12.- Tom: " That's a very nice dress you're wearing."
- Daisy: " ______________________."
A. I'm glad you like it B. That's all right
C. That's nice D. You're quite right
13. – Mike: " Would you like some coffee?"
_ Thomas: " _______________________."
A. No, I wouldn't. C. Yes, I would.
B. No, thanks. I don't like coffee. D. Don't mention it.
14. You may be surprised __________ the large variety of animals that live in Nairobi National Park.
A. for B. with C. to D. at
15. Mothers have long used folk songs to _______________ babies to sleep
A. delight B. communicate C. buzz D. lull
16.Brazil became the _________ of the 2002 World Cup after their six successive winning matches.
A. host nation B. runner-up C. champion D. championship
17. If Americans ate fewer foods with sugar and salt, their general health ____________ better.
A. would be B. will be C. be D. is
18. We started early ____________ miss the first part of the concert.
A. in order to not B. so that C. so as not to D. so as to
19. _____________ did you buy this book? -I bought it yesterday.
A. Why B. Who C. What D. When
20. Many laws __________ to protect endangered species in natural environment.
A. are passed B. are passing C. have passed D. were being passed
21. Not until _____ in my paper ____ to write down my name on it.
A. I handed/ that I remembered B. I handed/ did I remember
C. did I hand/ did I remember D. did I hand/ I remembered
22. It was a _______________ experience. Everybody was very shocked.
A. terrified B. terrifying C. terrifyingly D. terrify
VI. Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks.
Yellowstone National Park, the first US national park, was (26)___________ in 1872. It is one of the largest parks. It covers about 9,065 square kilometers (27) __________ north- west Wyoming and parts of Idaho and Montana. It has many wild animals including bears, buffalos, elks, deer, antelope, coyotes and lynxes. It is famous (28) _____________ its fine scenery, hot springs and geysers (underground hot springs that shoot hot water or steam up into the air). There are about seventy geysers in the park. The most famous is Old Faithful.
The park is a popular tourist (29) _______________. It has about three million (30)___________ a year. It was made a Word Heritage Site in 1978.
26. A. introduced. B. established. C. reconstructed. D. started.
27. A. of. B. in. C. from. D. at.
28. A. with. B. as. C. to. D. for.
29. A. attract B. attraction C. attractive D. attractively
30. A. foreigners. B. visitors. C. migrants. D. trippers.
VII. Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions.
Music plays an important role in our daily lives. It would be impossible for a day to go by without music. Music serves many functions within our society: it is used to entertain, relax, motivate, persuade, teach, treat diseases, unite, promote patriotism, and so on.
Advertisers are fully aware of the role music can play in entering the mind of consumers. For example, the most effective way to aid the memory of the consumers is to accompany an advertisement with an interesting song. Once the consumers like that song, they remember the brand name of the advertised product as well and they will choose that product while standing in front of a shelf full of goods of different brand names.
Music on special occasions is essential. At the Olympic sporting events, it is interesting to observe how music is played. Entertainment is an obvious function, but further, music at such events helps create an exciting atmosphere. The use of national anthem is to promote the feelings of patriotism, thus encouraging the athletes to make great efforts.
31. According to the passage, what are the functions of music?
A. to entertain, teach and unite.
B. All are correct
C. to relax, treat diseases and promote patriotism.
D. to motivate and persuade.
32. The word "they" in the passage refers to ____________
A. goods of different brand names B. the advertisers
C. the advertised products D. the consumers
33. Music in advertisements ____________
A. can help producers sell goods cheaply B. can make customers produce more goods.
C. cannot help the producers sell more goods. D. can help producers sell more goods.
34. At the Olympic sporting events, ____________
A. it is interesting to observe how music is played
B. it is wasteful to observe how music is played
C. it is boring to observe how music is played
D. it is stressful to observe how music is played
35. National anthem is used to _____________________________
A. introduce some sports events B. inform students about the Olympic Games
C. promote the feelings of patriotism D. encourage students to make efforts
PHẦN TỰ LUẬN (3.0 pts):
IX. Complete the sentences with the correct form of tenses in brackets (1pt)
36. We should stop doing anything to ENDANGER wildlife. (danger)
37. Can you live INDEPENDENTLY of your parents? (dependence)
38. People study yoga for a VARIETY of reasons. (vary)
39. Endangered animals should be bred in CONSERVATION areas. (conserve )
40. The river near where I live is highly POLLUTED because of toxic chemicals. (pollute)
X. Finish each of the following sentences in such a way that it means the same as the sentence printed before it. (2pts)
41. The weather was very cold last weekend, so we didn't play outside.
If the weather had not been very cold last week, we would have played outside.
42. Foresters don't allow people to go camping in the forests in the dry season
People are not allowed to go camping in the forests in the dry season
43. The patient's heart condition didn't improve until she received that new treatment.
It was not until she received that new treatment that the patient's heart condition improved.
44. She jogs every morning to lose weight.
What does she jog every morning for?
45. Soon after I went to bed, someone rang my doorbell.