Đề thi học kỳ 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 10 trường THPT Nguyễn Thượng Hiền năm học 2014 - 2015
Đề thi học kỳ 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 10 có đáp án
Trong bài viết này, VnDoc xin giới thiệu Đề thi học kỳ 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 10 trường THPT Nguyễn Thượng Hiền năm học 2014 - 2015 có kèm đáp án dành cho các em học sinh ôn tập. Sau đây mời các em cùng làm bài và tham khảo đáp án nhé!
TRƯỜNG THPT NGUYỄN THƯỢNG HIỀN
ĐỀ THI HỌC KỲ 2
NĂM HỌC 2014 - 2015
MÔN: TIẾNG ANH - LỚP 10
Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others.
1. A. answer B. listen C. music D. solemn
2. A. line B. medicine C. examine D. determine
3. A. musician B. special C. difficult D. ocean
K : C
Choose the word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that best fits the blank space in each sentence.
4. Cuc Phuong national park is _______160 km south-west of Hanoi.
A. lied B. established C. abandoned D. located
5. Nearly 1,000 of the world's bird species are _______with extinction.
A. threatened B. endangered C. protected D. abandoned
6. There's a love story in it, and it's very funny. I suppose you'd call it a ______.
A. horror film B. detective film C. romantic comedy D. thriller
7. His only chance of ______ was a heart transplant.
A. existence B. life C. survival D. living
8. Success is dependent _______ how hard you have worked.
A. upon B. into C. onto D. out of
9. That film is only 90 minutes _______ length but it is very interesting.
A. on B. at C. about D. in
10. Today I ______ an old friend with whom I lost touch years ago.
A. came up with B. ran over C. put up with D. came across
11. I won't lend you this money _______ you promise to pay it back.
A. in case B. if C. otherwise D. unless
12. She was not in the back yard and _______ upstairs.
A. either she was B. nor she was C. nor was she D. no she was
13. The president _______ seriously ill.
A. is said B. is said to be C. is said for being D. is said being
14. I didn't know you were asleep. Otherwise, I ______ so much noise.
A. didn't make B. wouldn't make C. wouldn't have made D. won't make
15. The schoolboys are in a hurry _______ to miss their school bus.
A. not B. in order C. in order not D. so as
16. She thought the film was ______ to children.
A. violent enough to show B. so violent that not to show
C. too violent to show D. too violent not to show
17. If I hadn't studied last night, I ______ this question now.
A. couldn't answer B. wouldn't have answered
C. wouldn't answer D. cannot answer
18. Not until we had reached the top of the mountain ______ how far we had gone.
A. did we realize B. we realized C. had we realized D. we had realized
19. Kate is going to the United States for her holiday. She _______ up for nearly a year now.
A. save B. saves C. is saving D. has been saving
20. - "What do you think of love story films?" - "_______"
A. I don't think so. B. I find them moving.
C. I prefer love story films. D. That's a good idea.
Choose the word in the box that best fits each blank in the following passage.
create – producer – industry – person
enable – those – creative – do
Motion pictures - also called movies, films, or the cinema - are one of the most popular forms of entertainment. They (21)________ people to enter an imaginary world for a short period of time. Millions of people around the world go to the movies every day. However, movies should not be seen only as a form of entertainment. Movies are also considered a major art form, and (22)_______ who make motion pictures take great pride in their (23)_________ work. Like artists who express themselves by painting, movie-makers express their ideas by making movies. The cost of creating a movie that is an art as well as a business is generally greater than the money needed to (24)________ any other work of art like a piece of music or a painting. Although the movies only date back to the late 1800s, the motion picture (25)_________ is now a gigantic one. A good movie can cost several million dollars and require the skills before it is completed.
Read the passage below carefully and choose the correct answer (A, B, C or D).
The earliest turtles were known from around 200 million years ago, which makes turtles one of the oldest reptile groups, and a much more ancient group than the lizards and snakes. About 300 species are alive today. Some are highly endangered. Turtles vary widely in size, although, marine turtles tend to be relatively bigger animals than their land and freshwater relatives. The largest is a marine turtle, which reaches a shell length of 200 cm and can reach a weight of over 900 kg. Freshwater turtles are generally smaller. They became extinct at the same time as the appearance of Man, and it is assumed that humans hunted them for food. Most turtles and tortoises have eyes placed on the upper sides of their heads. Species of turtles that spend most of their life on land have their eyes looking down at objects in front of them. The color of a turtle's shell may vary. Shells are commonly colored brown, black, or olive green.
In some species, shells may have red, orange, yellow, or grey markings and these markings are often spots, lines. Even though many spend large amounts of their lives underwater, all turtles and tortoises are air-breathing reptiles, and must surface at regular intervals to refill their lungs with fresh air. They can also spend a lot of their lives on dry land. Sea turtles lay their eggs on dry sandy beaches, and are highly endangered largely as a result of beach development and over hunting. Immature sea turtles are not raised by their parents.
26. Turtles are___________.
A. mammals B. reptiles C. warm-blooded D. fish
27. Turtles ______________.
A. are younger than lizards and snakes B. are more ancient than lizards and snakes
C. have just been found in the modern time D. are not alive today
28. Which sentences are NOT true?
A. There are no kinds of turtles that can live in fresh water.
B. Some kinds of turtles are in danger of extinction.
C. Some marine turtles can weigh up to 900 kilos.
D. Marine turtles are bigger than freshwater turtles.
29. Turtles' shells_____________.
A. have the same color B. are always white
C. are commonly violet D. are various in color
A. cannot survive on land B. lay eggs in the sea
C. are air-breathing reptiles D. keep their eggs carefully
31. It was not until / younger brother / grow up / she / got married//
32. She / going on / diet / lose weight//
33. The heavy rain / keep / going out / yesterday//
34. The movie / so / thrill / that / we / sleep / last night//
35. She / take / bus / in order not / late//
31.It was not until her younger brother grew up / had grown up that she got married.
32.She is going on a diet to lose weight.
33.The heavy rain kept us from going out...
34.The movie was so thrilling that we couldn't sleep last night.
35.She takes / took the bus in order not to be late.
36. Most political problems have no easy solutions.
There are _________________.
37. After many years of hard work, he retired.
After he had _________________.
38. I didn't come there on time because of the traffic.
If I hadn't got stuck in _________________.
39. She has never been to a dance before.
This is the first time _________________.
40. They only stopped going on strike when their boss agreed to pay them higher wages.
It was not until _________________.
36. There are no easy solutions to most...
37. After he had worked for many years...
38. If I hadn't got stuck in the traffic, I would have come there on time.
39. This is the first time she has been to a dance
40. It was not until the boss... wages that they stopped...