Đề thi tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh Chuyên năm học 2009 - 2010 Sở GD-ĐT Phú Yên
HOT Truy cập: Đáp án Đề thi tuyển sinh lớp 10 môn Anh Phú Yên năm 2020 để đối chiếu đáp án đề thi tiếng Anh vào lớp 10 năm 2020 sau khi hết thời gian làm bài.
Đề thi tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh Chuyên có đáp án
Trong bài viết này, VnDoc xin giới thiệu Đề thi tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh Chuyên năm học 2009 - 2010 Sở GD-ĐT Phú Yên có kèm đáp án chi tiết. Sau đây mời các em cùng thử sức nhé!
UBND TỈNH PHÚ YÊN
SỞ GIÁO DỤC VÀ ĐÀO TẠO
ĐỀ CHÍNH THỨC
KỲ THI TUYỂN SINH VÀO LỚP 10 THPT CHUYÊN
NĂM HỌC 2009 - 2010
MÔN: TIẾNG ANH (Cho thí sinh thi vào chuyên Anh)
Thời gian: 120 phút (không kể thời gian giao đề)
Ngày thi: 05/07/2009
A. Pronunciation (10 points)
I. Choose the word (A, B, C or D) that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the others in each group. (5 points)
|1. A. clerk|| |
|2. A. mouths|| |
|3. A. vehicle|| |
|4. A. dormitory|| |
|5. A. food|| |
II. Choose the word (A, B, C or D) whose main stress pattern is not the same as that of the others. (5 points)
|1. A. philosopher|| |
|2. A. pollute|| |
|3. A. economical|| |
|4. A. interrupt|| |
|5. A. mechanic|| |
B. VOCABULARY AND GRAMMAR (40 points)
I. Choose the best answers to completes each sentence. (10 points)
1. I am afraid that these regulations have to be __________ with.
A. complied B. provided C. faced D. met
2. His business is growing so fast that he must take __________ more workers.
A. up B. on C. in D. over
3. The police must now __________ the escaped convict in the surrounding countries.
A. search B. be in search C. look after D. look for
4. You are late again, please try to be __________ in the future.
A. accurate B. punctual C. efficient D. reliable
5. Edward has found a bigger flat and is __________ move into it.
A. near to B. ready for C. on the way D. about to
6. All the applicants for the post are thoroughly __________ for their suitability.
A. searched B. investigated C. vetted D. scrutinized
7. __________ every part of the world has experienced an earthquake in recent years.
A. Most B. Almost C. Each D. Nearby
8. He didn't know anyone at the wedding __________ than the bridge and groom.
A. other B. expect C. rather D. apart
9. When Bill saw my new car, he was __________ with envy.
A. blue B. green C. yellow D. white
10. He was holding a tiny bird in the __________ of his hand.
A. thumb B. hole C. shin D. palm
II. Give the correct form of the verbs in brackets. (10 points)
1. The man at the corner table (glance) _______ my way to see if I (listen) _______.
2. When I (look) _______ at my suitcase, I could see that somebody (try) ______ to open it.
3. I don't know what's the matter with him. He (act) _______ funny since you (be) _______ away.
4. Scarcely they (move) _______ into the new house when their friends (come) _______ in.
5. Just as I (wonder) what to do next, the phone (ring) _______.
III. Give the correct form of the verbs to complete the passage. (10 points)
1. In some areas water has to be boiled to ________ it. (pure)
2. He examined the parcel ________, as he had no idea what it could be. (suspect)
3. How do you ________ the real painting from the fake one ? (different)
4. Don't worry about the volcano. It's been ________ for years. (act)
5. Leisure habits won't change much in the ________ future. (see)
6. The conditions in the man's prison were ________. (human)
7. I object strongly to the ________ of sport. (commerce)
8. A list of ________ events for the autumn is being prepared. (come)
9. Most people who work feel that they are ________. (pay)
10. They frequently ________ the traffic as they march through the streets. (mobile)
IV. Fill in each blank with a suitable preposition. (10 points)
1. If she takes __________ the job of director, she will have to work harder.
2. The government put __________ the rebellion with great severity.
3. There was a man giving __________ leaflets outside the church.
4. I can't make __________ the postmark on the letter, it looks like Basing stoke.
5. If he refuses to fall __________ my plans I can probably find someone more co-operative.
6. Diana showed a complete disregard __________ her own safety.
7. We walked on tiptoe __________ fear of being discovered.
8. Mary broke down __________ tears when we told her about the accident.
9. The car pulled __________ beside me and the driver asked me the way to the post office.
10. I had to send __________ an electrician to mend the switch.
C. READING (30 points)
I. Read the passage below and choose the best answer for each question. (5 points)
Man is a land animal, but he is also closely tied to the sea. Throughout history the sea has served the need of man. The sea has provided man with food and a convenient way to travel to many parts of the world. Today, nearly two thirds of the world's population live within 80 kms of the sea coast.
In the modern technological world, the sea offers many resources to help mankind survive. Resources on land are beginning to be used up. The sea, however, still can be hoped to supply many of man's needs. The list of riches of the sea yet to be developed by man's technology is impressive. Oil and gas explorations have been carried out for nearly 30 years. A lot of valuable minerals exist on the ocean floor ready to be mined.
Fish farming promises to be a good way to produce large quantities of food. The culture of fish and shellfish is an ancient skill practiced in the past mainly by Oriental people.
Besides oil and gas, the sea may offer new sources of energy. Experts believe that the warm temperature of the ocean can be used in a way similar to the steam in a steamship. Ocean currents and waves offer possible use as a source of energy.
Technology is enabling man to explore ever more deeply under the sea. The development of strong, new materials has made this possible.
The technology to harvest the sea continues to improve. Experts believe that by the year 2050s the problems that prevent us from fully exploiting the food, minerals, and energy sources of the sea will be largely solved.
1. The best title for this passage is ___________.
A. Sea Harvest. B. Technology and the Exploiting of the Sea.
C. Sea Food. D. Man and Sea.
2. The major things that the sea offers man are ___________.
A. food, energy sources and minerals. B. fish and oil.
C. minerals and oil. D. ocean currents and waves.
3. The sea serves the needs of man because ___________.
A. it provides man with sea food. B. it offers oil to man.
C. it supplies man with minerals. D. all of the above.
4. The word Oriental people in the fourth paragraph probably means ___________.
A. European people. B. African people.
C. Asian people. D. American people.
5. We can conclude from the passage that ___________.
A. the sea resources have largely been used up.
B. the sea, in a broad sense, hasn't yet been developed.
C. the problems that prevent us from fully exploiting the sea have already been solved.
D. by the year 2050, the technology will be good enough to exploit all the sea resources.
II. Read the text and decide which answer (A, B, C or D) best fits each space. (15 points)
The problem of homelessness is an international one. In the capital cities of the world, the (1) _______ of people begging on the streets is becoming increasingly (2) _______. But all over the world, homeless people are taking the future into their own (3) _______. By selling "street papers" they no longer need to beg for a (4) _______.
The concept of the street paper is (5) _______. It is sold by homeless and ex-homeless people who buy it at a (6) _______ price of 30 p and sell it to the public for 70 p, keeping 40 p for themselves. If they have no money, then they can get the first ten copies on (7) _______ and pay for them later. Every paper seller receives training and is given a special (8) _______ badge.
The paper itself (9) _______ articles of general and social interest, film and book (10) _______, cartoons and the (11) _______ celebrity interview. Advertising and sales (12) _______ most of the income, and all profits go (13) _______ into helping homeless people.
The Big Issue is the street paper of the British homeless. It was set up in 1991 and (14) _______ then it has helped hundreds of people to get (15) _______ the streets and back into society.
|1. A. sight|| |
|2. A. usual|| |
|3. A. heads|| |
|4. A. life|| |
|5. A. easy|| |
|6. A. stuck|| |
|7. A. credit|| |
|8. A. character|| |
|9. A. consists|| |
|10. A. stories|| |
|11. A. sometimes|| |
|12. A. give|| |
|13. A. back|| |
|14. A. from|| |
|15. A. out|| |
III. Fill in each blank with one suitable word to complete this passage. (10 points)
ADVICE TO YOUNG PEOPLE ABOUT TO START WORK
In these days of high unemployment, it is often difficult (1) __________ young people to find a job. If they are lucky (2) __________ to be asked to go for an interview, they may find (3) __________ there are at least 20 other applicants for the (4) __________. If a company is thinking of offering (5) __________ a job, they will ask you for at least one reference from either your previous employer (6) __________ someone who knows you well. (7) __________ taking up your job, you may have to sign a contract. You will probably have to do some training, (8) __________ help you to do the job more successfully. Once you have decided that this is your chosen career, you will then have to work (9) __________ to try and get promotion, which usually brings more responsibility and more money! If you are unlucky, you may be made redundant, and not be able to find (10) __________ job. It is also a good idea to pay some money
into a pension scheme, which will help you to look after yourself and your family when you are retired. Finally, good luck!
D. WRITING (20 points)
I. Rewrite the sentences using the words in bold, in such a way that it means the same as the one given. Do not alter these words in any way. (10 points)
1. They're telling me that I must make a decision soon. (pressure)
2. His smooth manner didn't deceive us. (taken)
3. I really must answer all these letters. (get down)
4. Don't run away with the idea that this work is easy. (conclusion)
5. I'm trying to concentrate, but all that noise you're making is distracting me. (putting)
6. Nobody expected her to lose, but she did. (against)
7. You must concentrate on your work more. (apply)
8. She will probably be elected. (stands)
9. The boss was annoyed because his secretary came to work late. (objected)
10. The demand for tickets was so great that people queued day and night. (such)
II. Use the promps provided to write full sentences to make a complete letter. (10 points)
1. last letter / you / kindly offer / put / me / your flat / I be / Berlin.
2. I/ be / afraid / I / unable / take / offer / time being.
3. My father / sick / I / to stay / home / care / him.
4. He / very sick / I cannot / him / alone.
5. My brother / also / help / look / Dad / but / he now / away / business trip / Paris.
6. I / hope / be able / come / Berlin / later / end / year, / perhaps / January.
7. If / room / free / I / glad / stay / you.
8. I / let / know / phan / soon / possible / order / not interfere / own plan.
9. Thank / much / again / offer.
10. I / not / wait / see / you / Berlin / but / then / goodbye.
---------- The end ----------