Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 8: Country life and city life - Lesson 1
Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 8
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 8: Country life and city life - Lesson 1 được VnDoc sưu tầm và giới thiệu để có thể chuẩn bị giáo án và bài giảng hiệu quả, giúp quý thầy cô tiết kiệm thời gian và công sức làm việc. Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh 8 này được soạn phù hợp quy định Bộ Giáo dục và nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu bài học hơn.
1. Aims: At the end of the lesson, Ss will be able to understand and know some celebrations in the world and understand the way to use the Relative clauses with “Which, Who and Whom”.
* Vocabulary: relative (n), peaceful(adj.), permanently (adv), quiet (adj.) >< noisy (adj.), remote area (n), accessible (adj), medical facility (n).
* Grammar: Relative clauses with “Which, Who and Whom”.
3. Skills: Listening, reading and writing.
1. Teacher: Leson plan, poster, pictures, casette, tape, cards.
- Vocabulary: relative (n), peaceful(adj.), permanently (adv), quiet (adj.) >< noisy (adj.), remote area (n), accessible (adj), medical facility (n).
- Grammar: Relative clauses with “Which,Who and Whom”.
1. Revision:(5’) Listing (Getting started- P.65)
T: asks Ss to share their ideas in groups to list out the differences between the city and the country.
2. New lesson:
*) Lead-in: (1’)
- Makes the questions:
?Do you live in the city or in the country?
?What do you think about the country life/ the city life?
- Introduces the lesson
1. Vocabulary (8’)
+ Relative (n) (Sit.)
+ Peaceful (adj.) (Trans.)
+ Permanently (adv) (Trans.)
+ Quiet (adj.) >< noisy (adj.) (Sit.)
+ Remote area (n) (Ex.)
+ Accessible (adj) (Trans.)
+ Medical facility (n) (Ex.)
- Elicits first and says out the words.
- Writes and checks.
- Uses Slap the board to check vocab.
2. Presentation dialogue: (7’)
- Plays the tape for Ss to listen to the dialogue.
- Calls on two pairs to read the dialogues in the front.
- Corrects Ss’ pronunciation if any.
- Asks Ss some questions.
*) Guiding questions:
1. What are some of the changes in the countryside?
2. Does Hoa prefer the countryside?
- Gets feedback and checks.
II. WHILE-STAGES: (12’)
- Run through the questions and checks Ss’ understanding.
- Asks Ss to read the text again and answer the questions.
- Gets feedback and correct their answers.
- Calls on some pairs to practice asking and answering before class.
III. POST-STAGES: (10’)
?Do you prefer the city or the countryside? Why?
- Writes the questions on the board and notices Ss with the present continuous for the changes.
- Asks Ss to work in groups of four to discuss the question.
- Calls on some Ss to present their ideas in front of class.
- Comments and corrects Ss’ mistakes.
- Answer T’s questions.
- Listen to teacher.
- Try out and repeat chorally- individually
- Give the meaning and read them through.
- Play the game into two teams.
- Pay attention and focus on the information.
- Practice reading in pairs.
- Answer T’s questions.
1. Many remote areas are getting electricity. People can now have things like refrigerators and TV; and medical falcilities are more accessibla
2. Yes, she does.
- Speak out their answers, then explain their results.
- Read through the questions and take note the meaning of: opinion, prefer, what does she mean by this?
- Read it and share their ideas in pairs.
- Give out the answer and correct.
- Ask and answer the questions.
a. She has been to Kim Lien village.
b. She was there for the weekend.
c. It is peaceful and quiet.
d. There are no libraries, no movies, no supermarkets,...
e. Many remote areas are getting electricity. People can now have things like refrigerators and TV, and medical facility are more accessible.
- Copy down the use.
- Share their ideas in groups.
- Present their ideas before class.
- Listen to teacher and correct themselves.
- Learn by heart the vocabulary.
- Prepare for Unit 8: Speak and Listen
- Review present progressive tense.