Giải bài tập SGK Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 4: Reading - Speaking
Giải bài tập SGK Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 4
Chúng tôi xin giới thiệu đến quý thầy cô giáo và các em học sinh Giải bài tập SGK Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 4: Reading - Speaking nhằm hỗ trợ cho việc dạy và học môn Tiếng Anh 11 trở nên hiệu quả hơn. Qua đó, giúp các em học sinh nắm rõ toàn bộ từ vựng và hiểu được nội dung bài dễ dàng hơn.
Before you read
Read following saving and explain what it means. (Đọc câu nói sau và giải thích ý nghĩa của nó.)
"If you give me a fish.
I will eat today.
If you teach me to fish,
I will eat my whole life long."
"Nếu bạn cho tôi một con cá Tôi sẽ ăn nó trong hôm nay Nếu bạn dạy tôi cách câu cá Tôi sẽ ăn cá suốt đời."
This saying means that we should teach a person how to earn money or produce food rather than give them money or food in other word, we had better teach them a job than give them money.
While you read
Read the passage and the do the tasks the follow. (Đọc kĩ đoạn văn và làm bài tập sau đó.)
Task 1. The word "volunteer" appears in the passage in different parts of speech. Use an appropriate form of the word volunteer to complete each of the following sentences. (Từ "volunteer" xuất hiện trong một đoạn trong các phần khác nhau của bài phát biểu. Sử dụng một hình thức thích hợp của từ "volunteer" để hoàn thành mỗi câu sau.)
1. When she retired, she did a lot of.........service for the Red Cross.
2. She was not fired. She left the company...............
3. She needs some...............to clean up the kitchen.
4. Last month the company..............to donate fifty trucks to help the flooded areas.
1. When she retired, she did a lot of voluntary service for the Red Cross.
2. She was not fired. She left the company voluntarily.
3. She needs some volunteer to clean up the kitchen.
4. Last month the company volunteered to donate fifty trucks to help the flooded areas.
Task 2. Choose the best answer from A, B, C or D for each of the following sentences. (Chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất từ A, B, C hoặc D cho mỗi câu sau.)
1. Volunteers usually help those who are sick or old in their homes by................
A. mowing the lawns, doing shopping and cleaning up their houses
B. cooking, sewing or washing their clothes
C. telling them stories, and singing and dancing for them
D. taking them to baseball games
2. Big Brothers is ..............
A. the name of a club
B. a home for children
C. the name of a film
D. an organization for boys who no longer haver fathers
3. Most of the boys' and girls' club use many high school and college students as volunteers because they..............
A. have a lot of free time
B. can understand the problems of younger boys anh girls
C. know how to do the work
D. are good at playing game
4. Volunteers believe that................
A. in order to make others happy, they have to be unhappy
B. the happiest people are those who make themselves happy
C. the happiest people are those who are young and healthy
D. bringing happiness to others makes them the happiest people
5. The best title for the passage is.................
A. Taking Care of Others
B. Voluntary Work in the United States
C. Volunteers: The Happiest People in the World
D. Helping Old and Sick People in the United States
1. A 2. D 3. B 4. D 5. B
Task 3. Ask and answer the questions. (Hỏi và trả lời các câu hỏi.)
1. What do high school and college students usually do as volunteers in hospitals, orphanages or homes for the aged?
- They usually visit these places. They read books to the people there, play games with them or listen to their problems.
2. How do volunteers help disadvantaged and handicapped children to overcome their difficulties?
- They give care and comfort to them and help them to overcome their difficulties.
3. Where do students volunteer to work during summer vacations?
- During summer vacations, they volunteer to work in remote or mountainous areas to provide education for children.
After you read
Work in groups. Discuss the question: Why do people do volunteer work? (Làm việc theo nhóm. Thảo luận câu hỏi: Tại sao người ta làm công việc tình nguyện?)
- Why do people do solunteer work?
- Have you done a volunteer work? What was it?
- Are you going to do volunteer work when you are students in colleges? Why? Or why not?
Task 1. Work in pairs. Decide which of the following activities are volunteer work. (Làm việc theo cặp. Quyết định của các hoạt động sau đây là công việc tình nguyện.)
• Taking part in an excursion
• Helping people in remote or mountainous areas
• Giving care and comfort to the poor and the sick
• Participating in an English speaking club
• Providing education for disadvantaged children
• Joining the Green Saturday Movement
1. Helping people in remote or mountainous areas.
2. Giving care and comfort to the poor and the sick
3. Providing education for disadvantaged children.
4. Joining the Green Saturday Movement.
Task 2. Work in pairs. Practise the dialogue and then make similar conversations, using the activities that follow. (Làm việc theo cập. Thực hành đối thoại và sau đó thực hiện một cuộc hội thoại tương tự, bằng cách sử dụng các hoạt động tiếp theo.)
A: What kind of volunteer work are you participating in?
B: We're helping people in mountainous areas.
A: What exactly are you doing?
B: We're teaching the children to read and write.
A: Do you enjoy the work?
B: Yes, I like helping people.
Task 3. Work in groups. Talk about a kind of volunteer work your friends and usually do to help people. (Làm việc theo nhóm. Nói về một kiểu công việc bạn bè tình nguyện viên của bạn thường làm để giúp mọi người.)
1. We usually take part in helping people in mountainous areas. We teach the children to read and write. We enjoy the work very much because we like helping people.
2. We usually take part in helping disadvantaged or handicapped children. We teach the children to read and write, listen to their problems. play games with them and take them to places of interest.