Giải bài tập SGK Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 4: Listening - Writing - Language focus
Giải bài tập SGK Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 4: Listening - Writing - Language focus
Chúng tôi xin giới thiệu đến quý thầy cô giáo và các em học sinh Giải bài tập SGK Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 4: Listening - Writing - Language focus nhằm hỗ trợ cho việc dạy và học môn Tiếng Anh 11 trở nên hiệu quả hơn. Qua đó, giúp các em học sinh nắm rõ toàn bộ từ vựng và hiểu được nội dung bài dễ dàng hơn.
Before you listen
Tick (V) the best answer to the questions that suit you. (Đánh dấu (V) câu trả lời tốt nhất cho các câu hỏi phù hợp với bạn.)
1. How often do you support charities?
regularly from time to time never
2. What's the best way of raising money to support charities?
through donations through taxes through fund-raising activities
3. Which of these kinds of volunteer work do you prefer?
helping the elderly helping the poor helping the sick
1. from time to time
2. through fun raising activities
3. all the kind of work
Spring School is an informal school. It provides classes to disadvantaged children in Ho Chi Minh City. Around 30 streets children live and study at the school and about 250 children with special difficulties from District 1 regularly attend classes.
The Organisation for Educational Development co-operated with Spring School to set up English classes in 1998. Dance, theatre, singing and folk music classes were set up a year later. Children from these classes participate in fund raising performances. They raise money to continue their English and performance Arts classes.
Spring School requires volunteers to help organize their fund raising dinner held annually in June. This is an exciting night in which children dance, sing and play music at one of the largest hotels in Ho Chi Minh City. They also need foreign volunteers to contact sponsors and help to expand the school activities. Volunteers are required from February until July to help organize these events.
It is hope that more schools like Spring School will soon be found in other cities in Vietnam.
While you listen
Task 1. Listen and fill in the missing information. (Lắng nghe và điền thông tin còn thiếu.)
1. Spring School is an informal school in Ho Chi Minh City.
2. Around 30 streets children live and study at the school.
3. About 250 children with special difficulties from District 1 regularly attend classes.
4. Organization for Educational Development co-operated with Spring School to set up English classes in 1998.
5. The school requires volunteers to help organise their fund-raisina dinner held annually in June.
Task 2. Listen again and answer the questions. (Lắng nghe một lần nữa và trả lời các câu hỏi.)
1. What is the aim of Spring School?
- It provides classes to disadvantaged children in Ho Chi Minh City.
2. What classes were set up in 1999?
- Dance, theatre, singing and folk music classes were set up in 1999.
3. Why do children participate in fund-raising performances?
- Because they need money to continue their English and Performance Arts classes.
4. Where do children dance, sing and play music?
- They dance, sing and play music at one of the largest hotels in Ho Chi Minh City.
5. Why are foreign volunteers needed?
- Because the school needs help to contact sponsors and expand the school activities.
After you listen
Work in groups. Summarize the story about Spring School, using the given suggestions. (Tóm tắt câu chuyện về Spring School, bằng cách sử dụng những lời đề nghị đưa ra.)
• The aim of Spring School
• The number of children who live and study at the school or attend classes
• The activities the children at the school take part in
• The kinds of volunteers that Spring School requires
- What is the aim of Spring School?
- How many students live and study at the school?
- Which activities do the children at the school take part in?
- What kinds of volunteers does Spring School require?
The aim of Spring School is to provide classes 10 disadvantaeed children in Ho Chi Minh City. Around 30 street children live and study at the school and about 250 children with special difficulties from District 1 attend classes. They take part in fund raising performances. Spring School requires foreign volunteers to contact sponsors and help to expand school activities.
Task 1. Read the letter and underline the sentences that express ihe following points: (Đọc lá thư và nhấn mạnh các câu thể hiện những điểm sau đây.)
1. the opening of the letter
2. the donated amount
3. the way(s) the money is used
4. the way the receipt is issued
5. the aratitude to the donor
6. the closing of the letter
I'm happy to receive a donation of $500 from your company some days ago.
+ Formal ereetine: Dear Sir/ Madam
+ Complete sentences, full forms: I am very happy to.../I think that..../We will......
+ Formal expression: I would like to express ...
+ Formal closing: Your faithfully/ Your sincerely.
Some useful expressions:
I am most urateful to you for...
I would like to take this opportunity to thanks for...
On behalf of... I would like to express our thanks for...
e.g: On behalf of Trieu Son high school, I would like to express our thanks for your generous donation of $ 2000000. Your contribution makes it possible for us to build a new school library.
Task 2. Imagine that you have just received a donation of one million dong from one of the local organizations to build your school library. Use the suggestions in Task 1 to write a letter to acknowledge the receipt of the donation and express vour gratitude. (Hãy tưởng tượng bạn vừa nhận được 1000000 đồng từ một trong các tổ chức địa phương để xây dựng thư viện trường học của bạn. Sử dụng những lời đề nghị trong Task 1 viết một lá thư để xác nhận các hiến tặng và bày tỏ lòng biết ơn của bạn.)
Dear Sir/ Madam
I'm very happy to have received a donation of one million dong from your organization some days ago. I think the money will help us to build our school library. We will certainly issue the receipt as soon as possible we can.
I would like to express our thanks for the donation from your organization and hope to get more assistance and co-operation from yours in the future.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Exercise 1. Complete each of the following sentences with an appropriate gerund of the verbs from the box.
spend behave wait park
start bend meet listen
e.g: He found that parking was difficult in that city.
1. I have no objection to hearing to your story again.
2. Touch your toes without bending your knees!
3. You should be ashamed of yourself for behaving so badly.
4. I am looking forward to meeting you.
5. You can't prevent him from spending his own money.
6. Would you mind waiting for a moment?
7. In spite of starting late, we arrived in time.
Exercise 2. Complete each of the following sentences with an appropriate present participle of the verbs from the box.
Lie modernize shop pass prepare
Rise try read bum
e.g: I saw him..............my house.
- I saw him passing my house.
1. She smelt something burning and saw smoke rising.
2. If she catches you reading her diary, she'll be furious.
3. They found a tree lying across the road.
4. I'm going shopping this afternoon.
5. He doesn't spend much time preparing his lessons.
6. They wasted the whole afternoon trying to repair the bike.
7. They spend a lot of money modernizing the house.
Exercise 3. Put the verbs in brackets into the perfect gerund or perfect participle.
e.g: He was accused of...............(desert) his ship two months ago.
- He was accused of having deserted his ship two months ago.
1. I object to him having made calls on the office phone.
2. Having been his own boss for such a long time, he found it hard to accept orders from another.
3. They denied having been there.
4. Having tied one end of the rope to his bed, he threw the other end out of the window.
5. Having read the instruction, he snatched up the fire extinguisher.
6. The children admitted having taken the money.