Bài tập Tiếng Anh 11 Unit 10 Nature in danger
Bài tập Tiếng Anh theo chủ đề Nature in danger theo chương trình Tiếng Anh lớp 11 được VnDoc.com đăng tải dưới đây giúp các bạn ôn tập Tiếng Anh một cách chủ động nhất, từ đó đạt hiệu quả cao nhất trong học tập và làm bài kiểm tra Tiếng Anh.
BÀI TẬP TIẾNG ANH THEO CHỦ ĐỀ
English 11 UNIT 10: NATURE IN DANGER
I. Circle the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the other words.
|1) A. supply||B. dirty||C. energy||D. happy|
|2) A. decreased||B. influenced||C. endangered||D. established|
|3) A. answer||B. sweater||C. swim||D. switch|
II. Circle the word that has stress pattern different from that of the other words.
|4) A. nature||B. danger||C. human||D. environment|
|5) A. exist||B. species||C. effect||D. condition|
|6) A. forest||B. water||C. destroy||D. industry|
B. VOCABULARY AND GRAMMAR
* Circle the best answer for each sentence.
A. 7) Many rare ____ of animals are in danger of extinction.
8) People are destroying the environment by adding ____ to it.
9) Many efforts have been made to protect ____ nature.
10) Many species of animals are threatened and could easily become ____.
11) Many animals are ____ for their fur and other valuable parts of their bodies.
C. run after
12) They started a campaign to ____ smoking among teenagers.
13) Dinosaurs became ____ millions of years go.
14) The chemical ____ from cars and factories make the air, water and soil dangerously dirty.
15) Human beings are ____ for the changes in the environment.
16) By cutting down trees, we ____ the natural habitat of birds and animals.
17) __ aren’t effective anymore because insects have become resistant to them.
18) They started a campaign to ____ smoking among teenagers.
19) He is the singer about ____ I often tell you.
20) The concert ____ I listened last weekend was boring.
A. to that
B. to which
C. for what
D. for which
21) That’s the girl to ____ my brother got engaged.
22) I like the village ____ I used to live.
A. in that
B. in where
D. in which
23) I don’t know the reason ____ she hasn’t talked to me recently.
A. on which
B. for which
C. of which
D. about which
24) The little girl ____ I borrowed this pen has gone.
B. from who
C. from that
D. from whom
25) The speech ___ we listened last night was information.
A. to which
B. which to
C. to that
26) The boy to ____ I lent my money is poor.
D. B and C
27) The knife ____ we cut bread is very sharp.
A. with that
C. with which
28) The authority gathered those villagers ____ they explained the importance of forests.
C. to whom
D. to that
C. READING * Read the passage carefully then circle the correct answers.
Many environmental experts are pessimistic about the future of our (29) ____. They say that in the next few years harmful (30) ____ will further damage the (31) ____ layer, there will be more losses of irreplaceable tropical (32) ____, and serious (33) ____ pollution will cause the (34) ____ itself to change. They also warm us that Third World (35) ____ will continue to suffer ecological (36) ____, while the (37) ____ countries consume the vast majority of the world’s (38) ____. Animals are also at (39) ____. It is feared that some (40) ____ species may soon die out, as their natural (41) ____ are destroyed. In some cases, the only way to save rare species from (42) ____ is to breed them in (43) ____.
29) A. country
30) A. chemicals
31) A. oxygen
32) A. climate
33) A. air
34) A. weather
36) A. results
37) A. poor
38) A. sources
39) A. risk
40) A. savage
41) A. environment
42) A. distinction
43) A. captivity
Read the passage carefully, then choose the correct answers.
The natural world is under violent assault from man.
The seas and rivers are being poisoned by radioactive wastes, by chemical discharges and by the dumping of dangerous toxins and raw sewage. The air we breathe is polluted by smoke and fumes from factories and motor vehicles; even the rain is poisoned.
It's little wonder forests and lakes are being destroyed and everywhere wildlife is disappearing. Yet the destruction continues.
Governments and industries throughout the world are intensifying their efforts to extract the earth's mineral riches and to plunder its living resources. The great rainforests and the frozen continents alike are seriously threatened. And this despite the warnings of the scientific community and the deep concern of millions of ordinary people.
Despite the fact, too, that we can create environmentally-clean industries, harness the power of the sun, wind and waves for our energy needs and manage the finite resources of the Earth in a way that will safeguard our future and protect all the rich variety of life forms which share this planet with us.
But there is still hope. The forces of destruction are being challenged across the globe - and at the spearhead of this challenge is Greenpeace.
Wherever the environment is in danger, Greenpeace has made a stand.
Its scientific presentations and peaceful direct actions at sea and on land have shocked governments and industri1es into an awareness that Greenpeace will not allow the natural world to be destroyed. Those actions, too, have won the admiration and support of millions.
Now you can strengthen the thin green line; you can make your voice heard in defence of the living world by joining Greenpeace today. Thank God someone's making waves.
44. Which of these statements is not made?
a. Drinking water is polluted.
b. Radioactive waste poisons the sea.
c. Sewage isn't processed.
d. Cars and factories poison the air.
45. The writer ___________.
a. is surprised that the rain is poisoned.
b. is unsured why the air is polluted.
c. wonders why the natural world is being destroyed.
d. understands why forests and lakes are being destroyed.
46. Rainforests are being destroyed because governments and industries ______.
a. are unaware of what they're doing wrong.
b. are rich and powerful.
c. choose to ignore criticism.
d. basically care about the environment.
47. The earth's resources __________
a. should only be for people
b. can be made to last longer.
c. will last forever.
d. belong to just humans and animals
48. Governments and industries ___________.
a. don't know what Greenpeace thinks.
b. are forced to understand the problems by Greenpeace.
c. can easily ignore Greenpeace.
d. misunderstand what Greenpeace thinks.
From the four words or phrases A, B, C or D - choose the one that best completes the sentence.
44. The soybean, a plant native to China and Japan, has become ...... in the United States farming community.
A. one of the most popular crops B. as one of the most popular crops
C. only of the most popular crops D. one popular crops most are in
50. Declared an endangered species in the United States, .......
A. people have gathered the ginseng root almost to the point of extinction
B. the near extinction of the ginseng root is due to excessive gathering
C. the ginseng root has been gathered almost to the point of extinction
D. gathering the ginseng root almost to the point of extinction.
51. Of all the endangered South American birds, the jacana has been ......
A. difficult the most to protect B. protected the most difficult
C. to protect the most difficult D. the most difficult to protect
52. ......., Luxor did not reach preeminence until about 2000 B.C.E.
A. Many centuries earlier it was founded
B. Although founded many centuries earlier
C. The city founded centuries earlier
D. Founding the city centuries earlier .
53. Deep in the Rio Bec area of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula .......
A. does a 1,250-year-old pyramid lie B. lies a 1,250-year-old pyramid
C. a 1,250-year-old pyramid lie D. is a 1,250-year-old pyramid lying
Combine the following pairs of sentences, using a preposition with a relative pronoun.
1. Economics is a subject. I am very interested in it.
2. This is Joanne. I gave my notes to her.
3. The friend spoke French. Jim was travelling with him.
4. The ladder began to slip. Tom was standing on it.
5. This is the city. I was born in this city
1. Economics is the subject in which I am very interested.
2. This is Joanne, to whom I gave my notes.
3. The friend with whom Jim was travelling spoke French.
4. The ladder on which Tom was standing began to slip.
5. This is the city in which I was born.
Video hướng dẫn học Tiếng Anh
English 11 unit 10 Nature in danger
Video hướng dẫn học Tiếng Anh hiệu quả, với bài giảng bám sát chương trình học, cách diễn giải thú vị, lý thú sẽ giúp các bạn thêm yêu thích môn Tiếng Anh và học tốt hơn.