Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 4: Volunteer Work - Lesson 3
Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 11
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 4: Volunteer Work - Lesson 3 được VnDoc sưu tầm và giới thiệu để có thể chuẩn bị giáo án và bài giảng hiệu quả, giúp quý thầy cô tiết kiệm thời gian và công sức làm việc. Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh 11 này được soạn phù hợp quy định Bộ Giáo dục và nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu bài học hơn.
I. AIMS/OBJECTIVES OF THE LESSON
1. Language focus: New words and phrases related to volunteer work
2. Skills: How to make conversations based on given information.
3. Attitudes: To encourage Ss work in pairs and groups
- Teaching aids: Lesson plan, text book
- Teaching method: Communicative language teaching
2. Students: Read Unit 4 – speaking at home
1. Class organization (1 minute)
2. Check – up (5 minutes)
- Some Ss go to the board to – write down new words
- answer the question: why do people do volunteer work?
3. New lesson (35 minutes)
Asks Ss to name some volunteer work that they know
Do as appointed
-Asks Ss to do task 1
Do as appointed
+Helping people in remote and mountainous areas
+Giving care and comfort to the poor and the sick
+Providing education for disadvantaged children
+Joining the Green Saturday Movement
Checks pronunciation if necessary
Asks some pairs of Ss to practice
Work in pairs, practice the dialogue
Make similar conversations
A: What kind of volunteer work are you taking part in?
B: We’re helping poor patients in hospitals
A: What exactly are you doing?
B: We’re giving them free meals, visiting them and listening to their problems
A: Do you enjoy the work?
B: Yes, I like helping people
B: taking care of war invalids and the families of martyrs
B: Visiting them, cleaning their houses and cooking meal
B: Taking part in directing the traffic
B: Directing vehicles at the intersections
Helping old people and children to cross the road
Work in groups, do task 3
We usually help disadvantaged and handicapped children. We take them to places of interest and play games with them. We also listen to their problems. We enjoy the work very much because we like helping people.
4. Consolidation (3 mins) Talk about the volunteer work you often do
5. Homework: (1 min)
- New words and phrases
- Talk about the volunteer work you often doRead Unit 4 - Listening