1. He is a good student. He always ________ his hand.
2. Would you mind ________ the window?
3. I wouldn't believe what she says. She sounds very convincing but she's just a fast ________.
4. Tomorrow he will come ________ home late.
5. When the boy ________ the car he was badly injured.
6. Something extremely strange ________ yesterday while we were out jogging.
7. The weather was ________ that we didn't go out.
8. It took years of research, but ________ they found the answer.
9. I ________ swim in this river when I was young.
10. Several prisoners ________ from their guards and escaped.
11. I was moved to tears ________ sorrow.
12. Please ________ photocopies of documents.
13. Some authors are too ________ to critisism.
14. We heard her ________ to her little brother.
15. Before the invention of refrigeration, the ________ of fish and meat was a problem.
16. Don't let him ________ it.
17. In ________ cases it is clear who it is that is responsible for a marriage break-up.
18. This is the woman ________ the artist said posed as a model for the painting.
19. If the prisoners attempt to escape from prison ________.
20. There was ________ I could say.