Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 5 Unit 7: My favourite sports and games - Lesson 1
Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 5
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 5 Unit 7: My favourite sports and games - Lesson 1 được VnDoc sưu tầm và giới thiệu để có thể chuẩn bị giáo án và bài giảng hiệu quả, giúp quý thầy cô tiết kiệm thời gian và công sức làm việc. Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh 5 này được soạn phù hợp quy định Bộ Giáo dục và nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu bài học hơn.
By the end of this unit, pupils can
- use the words and phrases related to the topic How do you learnEnglish?
- askand answer questions about how someone learns English, using How do you practise ...? I ...
2. Skills: Develop Ps speaking and listening skills
3. Language focus:
- Sentence Pattern: How do you practise ...? I ...
- Vocabulary: comics, notebook, practice…
II. Teaching aids:
- Teacher’s: student’s and teacher’s book, pictures, cassette.
- Students’: books, notebooks, workbooks.
III. Teaching processes:
1. Class organization:
2. Oral test:
3. New leson:
Warmer (5’): Sts played Jumbled Letters with sport words that they have learnt before: football, swimming, chess, badminton
I. New lesson (25’)
1. Look, listen and repeat.
- Ask students to open their Student’s Book on P55. Get them to read the title and the pics to identify the characters. Set the context: You are going to hear Tom and Quan talking about their favourite sports and games. Elicit sts’ answers: Who is this? What are they talking about? Point to each pic, read the text and check sts’ comprehension.
- Listen and repeat the new words (x3)
- Call some sts to read aloud
- Read each exchange in the pics, stop at times to check sts’ comprehension.
- Make sure that the sts can understand the situation and language in each pic. Playing the recording twice, once for all through and once for repeat.
- Divide class into two groups to take turns to say the lines from Nga to Nam.
2. Point, ask and answer:
- Get sts to read the example and set up the context: We are going to practice asking and asking and answering questions about favourite sports and games
- Ask sts to read example and elicit their prompts to complete the speech bubbles. Write the lines on the board. Get sts to repeat the question and answer a few times. Point to each pic to recall the vocabulary.
- Tell them rollerskating, karate, swimming are sports, table tennis, basketball, shuttlecock sport are games.
A: What’s your favourite sport/ game?
B: It’s table tennis/ blind man’s bluff.
- Ask sts to practice in pairs.
- Call some sts to practice in front of class
3. Listen and tick
- Ask sts to open their Student’s Book on P56. Tell them the listening purpose: You are going to listen to some sts talking about their favourite sports and games. You should tick the correct pic. Point to each pic and ask sts to identify them.
- Have Sts to repeat each pic
- Play the recording twice.
- Replay the recording to check. Get them to correct their answers in pairs. Ask Sts to report the answers to the class, if there is disagreement on any answer, play the tape related to the part again.
- Check the answer
1. a 2. b 3. c 4. a
4. Talk (Omit)
IV. Summary (3’)
- In this lesson, Sts have learnt to ask and answer Qs abt about one’s favourite sports and games, using: A: What’s your favourite sport/ game? B: It’s table tennis/ blind man’s bluff.
V. Homelink (2’)
- Sts make a list of sports and games they have learnt for the class display in the next lesson.
Look, listen and repeat
Write down the new words
Look at the pictures, and answer the questions.
Work in group
Write down model sentence
Listen and tick
Learnt by heart New words, Model sentence,