Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 8: Country life and city life - Lesson 3
Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 8
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 8: Country life and city life - Lesson 3 được VnDoc sưu tầm và giới thiệu để có thể chuẩn bị giáo án và bài giảng hiệu quả, giúp quý thầy cô tiết kiệm thời gian và công sức làm việc. Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh 8 này được soạn phù hợp quy định Bộ Giáo dục và nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu bài học hơn.
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 8: Country life and city life - Lesson 1
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 8: Country life and city life - Lesson 2
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 8: Country life and city life - Lesson 4
1. Aims: At the end of the lesson, Ss will be able to:
- Understand the details of the text about the problems of big cities & countries.
- Compare life in the city and in the countryside.
* Vocabulary: struggle (v,n), typhoon (n), flood (n), drought (n), destroy (v) -> destruction (n), migrant (n)
3. Skills: Reading, listening, writing and speaking.
1. Teacher: Lesson plan, tape, cassette.
2. Students: Vocabulary: struggle (v,n), typhoon (n), flood (n), drought (n), destroy (v) -> destruction (n), migrant (n)
1. Warm-up: (3’) Chatting
- Do you live in the country or in the city?
- Do you like to live in a big city? Why (not)?
2. New lesson:
1. Vocabulary (8’)
- Elicits the words from the Ss and says them out.
- Writes and checks.
+ Struggle (v,n)
+ Typhoon (n)
+ Flood (n)
+ Drought (n)
+ Destroy (v) -> destruction (n)
+ Migrant (n)
- Uses Matching to check vocab.
2. Presentation text: (5’)
- Introduces the text and plays the tape twice for Ss to listen.
- Asks Ss to practice reading the text.
- Calls on some Ss to stand up and read the text.
- Comments and corrects.
1. Gap-filling (Part 1-P.75) (10’)
- Asks Ss to look through the summary and define the general information they need to fill in.
- Asks Ss to work in groups to complete the summary, then goes round to help Ss.
- Gets feedback and helps Ss to correct.
* Answer key:
1. leaving 2. home 3. city
4. rural 5. city 6. problems
7. schools 8. hospitals 9. problem 10. world
2. Find the antonyms (Part 2-P.75) (7’)
- Instructs Ss with the phrases and gives their meaning.
- Asks Ss to read the text again to find out the words that have the same meaning.
- Gets feedback.
- Checks the understanding and explain more about that.
* Answer key:
a, rural d, a strain
b, plentifue, a tragedy
c,increase f, urban
III. POST-READING: (10’)
- Writes down the two questions and asks Ss to share their ideas in groups.
1. What are the problems of the farmers?
2. What happened when a lot of people are moving to the city?
- Gets feedback and adds more details.
1.- Getting little money from their jobs
- Typhoons, droughts,... can destroy a harvest
2. + Increased population: overcrowding in many cities; a strain on schools, hospitals, water and electricity supplies
+ Families: Living apart; children live with relatives, not their parents.
- Try out & repeat chorally-individually.
- Give the meaning and then read them through
- Go to the board and match them with the Vietnamese meaning.
- Listen with opened book.
- Practice individually.
- Practice reading before class.
- Listen and correct themselves.
- Read through and focus on the word form to complete it.
- Read the text and share their ideas to complete the summary.
- Speak out their answers and explain
where they can find the information
- Follow teacher/s instructions.
- Read it and then share their ideas in groups.
- Give their answers.
- Give out the information in the text and copy down.
- Share their ideas in groups, may read the text to get more ideas.
- Speak out their ideas and copy down.
IV. HOMEWORK: (2’)
- Learn by heart the vocabulary in the lesson.
- Prepare for Unit 8: Write - write a letter to their friends to talk about their neighborhood.