Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 8: Country life and city life - Lesson 4
Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 8
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 8: Country life and city life - Lesson 4 được VnDoc sưu tầm và giới thiệu để có thể chuẩn bị giáo án và bài giảng hiệu quả, giúp quý thầy cô tiết kiệm thời gian và công sức làm việc. Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh 8 này được soạn phù hợp quy định Bộ Giáo dục và nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu bài học hơn.
1. Aims: At the end of the lesson, Ss will be able to write a letter to their friends to talk about their neighborhood.
* Grammar: Format of a letter
3. Skills: Writing and speaking.
1. Teacher: poster, lesson plan.
2. Students: write a letter to their friends to talk about their neighborhood.
1. Warm-up: (5’) Guessing game
T: Asks Ss to give 6 or 7 places in Ss/ neighborhood, then gives the model
Model sentence: There is .....in my neighborhood
Ss: Speak them out and choose one place to complete their sentence in secret.
T: asks Ss to make Y.N question to guess their friends/ sentences.
Ss: Ask: Is there (a park) in your neighborhood? The one who guesses the right answer will change the position and the others will ask quetions to guess.
2. New lesson:
*Lead-in: (1’) Chatting
?Have you ever written a letter to your friends?
?What do you often write about?
?What do you often beggin with?
- Introduces the task of the lesson.
1. Matching: (6’)
- Puts the letter overhead and asks Ss to match each part of an informal letter with its name.
- Gets feedback and explains more about the form and each part of a letter.
2. Form of an informal letter: (6’)
- Elicits the Form from Ss and makes it clearer for each part.
A. Heading: - Writer/s address
B. Opening: Dear + name of receiver,
C. Body of a letter:
I am glad to receive your letter and ......
(things you want to tallk about ).
Write to me soon and tell........../I hope to see you and .......................................
D. Closing: Love/Regards/Your friend,....
+ Name of writer.
3. Answer the questions: (Part 2 - p76) (6’)
- Hangs on the questions and explains the way to answer them.
- Asks Ss to ask and answer these questions in pairs.
- Gets feedback and helps Ss to get information from the questions.
II. WHILE-WRITING: (12’)
Write a letter about your neighborhood
- Asks Ss to write the letter by answering the questions in individuals.
- Goes around to help Ss.
- Gives out the cellophanes (about 6) and asks Ss to write their letter in groups.
III. POST-WRITING: (8’)
- Collects 4 letters from Ss and put them in the overhead.
- Helps the whole to correct.
- Share their ideas in pairs and pick out each part.
- Speak out their answers and work out the form.
- Share their ideas with teacher.
- Take notes.
- Focus on the questions.
- Work in pairs, then ask and answer them to the front.
- Note down the information about their neighborhood.
- Write a letter about their neighborhood, using the questions as a guide
- Discuss in groups, share their ideas and write their letter on the cellophanes.
- Share and compare their work.
- Correct the letters with teacher.
Uses Exhibition to revise the way to write a letter to a friend and how to talk about their neighborhood.
IV. HOMEWORK: (1’)
- Asks Ss to complete their letter at home
- Asks them to prepare: Language Focus - P.77-79
- Present progressive tense
- Comparative ans superlative adjectives.