Giải sách bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 4: Learning a Foreign Language
Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 4: Learning A Foreign Language
Nằm trong bộ tài liệu giải trọn bộ sách bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 9, tài liệu giải Tiếng Anh Unit 4: Learning a Foreign Language được VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải dưới đây sẽ là nguồn tài liệu hữu ích giúp các em học sinh lớp 9 chuẩn bị bài hiệu quả trước khi tới lớp.
1. (trang 36 sbt Tiếng Anh 9): Yesterday you met a friend of yours, Nam. Nam told you a lot of things. Here are some of things he said to you.
a) He said (that) their new house was beautiful.
b) He said (that) he wanted to be a teacher of English
c) He said (that) he was thinking of going to study English in Australia.
d) He said (that) he couldn’t speak Chinese.
e) He said (that) his sister was then having a wonderful time in Nha Trang.
f) He said (that) he would be very buy that day.
g) He said (that) he had to come to the meeting the next day.
h) He said (that) those roses were for me.
i) He said (that) he was going away for a few days. He would phone me later.
2. (trang 37 sbt Tiếng Anh 9): Last summer Nam attended an intensive English course in the UK. He went to see a landlady called Mrs. Smith about a Hat. Nam and Mrs. Smith both asked a lot of questions to each other. Then Nam told you about it. Now suppose you are Nam, report all the questions.
a) I asked her what sort of heating there was.
b) She asked me what I thought of the flat.
c) I asked her how far it was to the school.
d) She asked me how I went to school.
e) I asked her how much the rent was.
f) She asked me what sort of carpet I wanted to replace.
g) I asked her how often she wanted the rent.
h) She asked me when I was moving in.
3. (trang 38 sbt Tiếng Anh 9): The following are some more questions both Mrs. Smith and Nam asked. Report the question for Nam, but this time you need to use if or whether.
a) I asked her if/ whether there was a phone.
b) She asked me if/ whether i had many friends.
c) I asked her if/ whether there was a fridge in the kitchen.
d) She asked me if/ whether I smoked.
e) I asked her if/ whether the flat had Central heating.
f) She asked me if/ whether I sometimes had a party.
g) I asked her if/ whether I could move the furniture around.
h) She asked me if/ whether I often got home after 10.30 pm.
i) I asked her if/ whether there was a TV in the bedroom.
4. (trang 38 sbt Tiếng Anh 9): A new student, Paul, has come to a foreign language college and the students are asking him questions. Imagine that he reports these questions later to an English friend.
a) Ann asked if/ whether I could speak English.
b) Peter asked how long I was staying there.
c) Linda asked if/ whether I was working as well as studying.
d) Ann asked what I was going to study.
e) Bill asked if/ whether I wanted to buy any second-hand books.
f) Peter asked what kind of sports I liked best.
g) Linda asked if/ whether I was interested in acting.
h) Linda asked if/ whether I liked to join their Dramma Group.
i) Ann asked what I thought of the canteen coffee.
j) Bill asked what soft drinks I asked.
5. (trang 39 sbt Tiếng Anh 9): Paul asked the students some questions about the college. Imagine that he also reports his questions to the English friend.
a) I asked what the name of the college was.
b) I asked how many students there were in the college.
c) I asked who the headmaster was.
d) I asked how big the classes were.
e) I asked if/ whether the classes were streamed.
f) I asked what foreign language they taught besides English.
g) I asked if/ whether there was a college orchestra.
h) I asked what games they often played.
i) I asked if/ whether the food in the college was good.
j) I asked what sorts of food they served.
6. (trang 40 sbt Tiếng Anh 9): Read the passage.
1 - e 2-d 3-a 4 - f 5 - b 6-c
a) All languages have rules for forming words and for ordering those words in meaningful sentences.
b) In written languages, meaning is expressed through a System of characters and rules for combining those characters. In spoken languages, meaning is expressed through a system of sounds and rules for combining those sounds.
c) Word order is more important in English that it is in some languages, such as Russian.
d) Like other languages English is always changing, but it changes very slowly.
e) Yes, they do. For example, the English word byte was invented by Computer specialists in 1959. The word tomato was borrowed from Nahuatl, an American Indian language spoken in Mexico. The word meat once referred to food in general.
f) They learn English as well as languages by listening, copying what they hear, and using the language.
7. (trang 42 sbt Tiếng Anh 9): Complete the following dialogues, using the modal verbs in brackets and the information in the box.
a) ... we must run as quickly as possible.
b) ... we can go home.
c) She ought to go to the doctor...
d) ... the plane might be diverted.
e) ... you may leave now.
f) ... could you ask her to phone me?
g) ... you should practice listening to the radio regularly.
h) ... you have to complete your assignments.
i) We must take a taxi...
8. (trang 43 sbt Tiếng Anh 9): Identify the word type of the underlined words in the following sentences. Write the correct term at the end of each sentence.
12. pronoun/ article
13. adjective/ conjunction
4. adjective/ verb
9. conjunction/ pronoun
14. adjective/ preposition
9. (trang 44 sbt Tiếng Anh 9): Read the passage about English and fill in each gap with one suitable word. Circle A, B, C or D.
10. (trang 46 sbt Tiếng Anh 9): Read the passage and answer the multiple-choice questions.
1. C 2. A 3. A 4. C 5. B 6. C
Trên đây là toàn bộ nội dung của Giải sách bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 4: Learning a Foreign Language. Ngoài ra VnDoc.com cũng đăng tải rất nhiều tài liệu bài tập Tiếng Anh 9 Unit 4 khác như:
- Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 4 có đáp án
- Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 4: Learning A Foreign Language có đáp án
- Giải bài tập SGK Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 4: Learning A Foreign Language
Nối tiếp nội dung ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 theo từng Unit, VnDoc.com xin gửi đến bạn đọc nội dung Để học tốt Tiếng Anh 9 Unit 5: The Media dưới đây:
- Giải bài tập SGK tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 5: The Media
- Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 5: The Media số 1
- Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 5: The Media số 2