Đề thi học kỳ 1 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 11 THPT Trần Hưng Đạo, TP. Hồ Chí Minh năm học 2016 - 2017 CÓ ĐÁP ÁN
ĐỀ THI KHẢO SÁT CHẤT LƯỢNG 1 HKI MÔN ANH VĂN 11
Đề thi học kỳ 1 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 11 THPT Trần Hưng Đạo, TP. Hồ Chí Minh năm học 2016 - 2017 có đáp án đi kèm. Đây là tài liệu tham khảo hữu ích dành cho các bạn học sinh lớp 11, giúp các bạn ôn tập và nâng cao kiến thức Tiếng Anh hiệu quả.
Ngày thi: 14/10/2016
Thời gian làm bài: 45'
A. TRẮC NGHIỆM:
I. Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
1. A.School B.Character C.Challenge D.Chemistry
2. A.Hour B.Which C.When D. How
II. Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of the primary stress in each of the following questions.
3. A. begin B. silver C. dinner D. people
4. A. incapable B. impossible C. uncertainly D. adequately
III. Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) SIMILAR in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
5. I'm sorry for making a fuss about the noise.
A. complaining angrily B. creating a mess
C. causing an argument D. talking noisily
IV. Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions
6. I would like to express my sincere gratitude for your care and concern during this past week.
A. inconvenient B. unbelievable C. irrelevant D. insincere
V. Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
7. The winners were given a(n) ___________ welcome when they arrived home.
A. enthusiastic B. embarrassing C. warmly D. official
8. I felt my face burning with ______________.
A. confidence B. enthusiasm C. pleasure D. embarrassment
9. Social anthropology is centrally concerned _________ the diversity of culture.
A. with B. for C. to D. of
10. My brother has just taken _______ collection stamps.
A. up B. in C. part D. out
11. Tom: "______"
Mike: "I won't say no!"
A. How are things with you, Jack?
B. What about playing badminton this weekend?
C. Jack, do you know where the scissors are?
D. What's do you prefer, tea or coffee?
12. By the time I got home yesterday, everybody _________ to bed.
A. has gone B. went C. had gone D. was going
13. I think your mother should let you __________ your own mind.
A. make up B. to make up C. making up D. made up
14. Isabel expected _______ to that university, but she wasn't.
A. to admit B. to be admitted C. admitting D. being admitted
15. ___________ the book, I took it back to the library.
A. Reading B. Having read C. Being read D. To be read
16. I remember _________ to the zoo when I was a child.
A. to take B. to be taken C. taking D. being taken
VII. Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks.
Last week, Jack invited me to his birthday party. I spent a long time__21_________ what I should buy as present for him. Finally, I decided to buy him a clock. I went to the nearby shopping center to look for a suitable one. Eventually, I chose a small, blue alarm clock. After paying for it, I asked the salesgirl to wrap it up. On the day of the party, I arrived at Jack's house punctually at 7 o'clock. Jack was very__22_______ to see me and thanked me for the present. Many of our classmates had already arrived We talked about the soccer match the previous night between Manchester United and Juventus. At 8 o'clock, Jack's mother brought out a birthday cake. On it were seventeen lighted candles. We all wished Jack a happy birthday. Jack ____23_______the candles in a single breath. He then began opening his presents. Just as he was about to open the present I _____24_____him, there was a loud ringing sound. Startled, Jack dropped the present. I realized that the ringing sound was actually caused by the alarm clock. When I told everyone what the sound was, they all laughed
21. A. having decide B. decided C. being decided D. deciding
22.A. pleasant B. pleased C. embarrassed D. Constant
23.A. brought out B. blow off C. blew out D. threw out
24. A. had given B. had been given C. gave D. was giving
VIII. Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions.
There are many valuable things in life, but friendship may be one of the most important. Life without the experience of friendship is life without living. Human interaction is a necessity to survival, but friendship is an essential to the successful well- being of anyone.
Friendship is a relationship which takes time to build. One can think building a friendship is like planting a garden. Firstly, one meets a person and plants the seed of friendship. Then the friendship builds and continues to grow stronger. It requires devotion of time and patience to achieve a true friendship. Just like a garden that needs to be taken care of and watered daily to grow. However, a garden may someday become withered and die. Thus, one has to tend to it and has the patience to bring it back to life. Friendship also has its good and bad times. There comes a time when the relationship is just not working. To keep friendship lasting, one needs to have willingness and constancy to reestablish it.
A person who builds a friendship like planting a garden can overcome the obstacles very easily. Friendship and planting a garden can both be considered as " give and take". The more effort and persistence are put into them, the more everlasting happiness can be accomplished.
25. According to the first part of the passage, friendship_____
A. is the most valuable thing in life
B. makes our life worth living
C. will develop if you are successful in life
D. brings you experiences in life
26. Friendship mentioned in the passage is a relationship that
A. may not last long
B. may last forever
C. you should always take care of
D. you don't need to care for
27. To maintain friendship, one needs these qualities except
28. What is the purpose of the passage?
A. To explain what friendship is and how to maintain it
B. To show us how to make friends
C. To compare friendship building to gardening
D. To stop a garden from withering
B. TỰ LUẬN (3.0pts):
I. Supply the correct form of the word given in each of the following sentences:
29. Teacher are always pleased to hear good news from former students. (please)
30. To parents, their children are a constant source of happiness. (happy)
31. I personally prefer Pizza to hamburgers. (person)
32. Nobody in the office had received an invitation to the party. (invite)
II. Finish each of the following sentences in such a way that it means the same as the sentence printed before it.
33. My mother has worked for this company for 5 years.
34. Mr. Baker returned to work immediately after he recovered from the operation.
35. They invited some celebrities to the party.
36. It won't be difficult to get a ticket for the football match.
37. The tourists are not allowed to enter restricted zones.