Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh sở GD - ĐT Hà Nội năm 2019 - 2020 số 3
Đề thi lên lớp 10 năm 2019 môn Anh có đáp án
Đề tuyển sinh lớp 10 năm 2019 môn Tiếng Anh của sở GD - ĐT Hà Nội có đáp án dưới đây nằm trong bộ đề thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề kiểm tra môn Tiếng Anh được biên tập dựa trên nội dung chương trình Tiếng Anh lớp 9 giúp học sinh lớp 9 củng cố kiến thức đã học hiệu quả.
Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently.
1. A. garbage B. standard C. solar D. lunar
2. A. celebrate B. plumber C. bulb D. blanket
Choose the word that its main stress is placed differently from the others.
3. A. fashion B. pattern C. symbol D. design
A. understand B. engineer C. Vietnamese D. adventure
Choose the word (A, B, C or D) that best completes the sentence.
5. It’s not __________ to call anyone at night.
A. equal B. convenient C. difficult D. economic
6. She has a good _____________ as a well-qualified teacher.
A. famous B. pagoda C. voice D. reputation
7. Everyone is present here, ___________?
A. isn’t he B. isn’t she C. are they D. aren’t they
8. _____________ have you known him?
A. How often B. How long C. How long ago D. When
9. The final examination will be held_________ May 9th.
A. in B. at C. on D. to
10 The weather is bad, __________ we didn’t go on a picnic.
A. however B. but C. because D. so
11 It takes me about three hours __________ the report.
A. to suffer B. to succeed C. to complete D. to invent
12. Foreign tourists should not enter some places of __________ .
A. situation B. trip C. worship D. atmosphere
13. Miss Mai, _________ teaches very well, is a famous teacher.
A. who B. that C. whom D. whose
Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions
14. She wishes her parents will come here tomorrow.
A B C D
15.This shirt is the same to the one I saw.
A B C D
16. I will come and stay with you and your family on March.
A B C D
Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the correct response to each of the following exchanges.
17. “ I suggest using public buses instead of motorbikes.” - “ ___________ .”
A Yes, please. B. Good idea. C. We will. D. I’m afraid not.
18. " ____" - "That's a good idea."
A. What about recycling water for gardening? B. Sorry, can I say something?
C. Glad to work with you. D. Excuse me, I want to add something.
Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
19. Campfires may cause forest fires if they are unattended.
A. focused B. neglected C. looked after D. watched
20. Hunting animals may lead to their extinction.
A. reduction B. imprisonment C. death D. survival
Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
21. One way to protect our environment from pollution is to reduce wasteful consumption.
A. costly B. excessive C. safe D. economical
22. If you follow at least one of the tips, you can be proud of taking part in the preservation of water, one of the very important and limited natural resources on earth.
A. self-confident B. self-satisfied C. discontent D. unpleasant
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks.
Approximately 350 million people speak English as their first language. About the same number use it as a_____(23)_____ language. It is the English language that is used as the language of aviation, international sport and pop music. 75% of the world mail is in English, 60% of the radio station (24) ________ in English and more than half of the world’s periodicals are printed (25) __________ English. It is the English language that is used as an (26) ________language in 44 countries, and as the language of business commerce and technology in many others. English is now an effective medium of international communication. (27) ________, it is the written English, which is not systematically phonetic, that causes difficulties(28)_______foreigners.
23 A. second B. first C. international D. official
24 A. speak B. broadcast C. write D. listen
25 A. by B. in C. as D. of
26 A. official B. compulsory C. optional D. primary
27 A. However B. Moreover C. Besides D. Furthermore
28 A. to B. at C. in D. of
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions.
Walt Whitman, born in New York in 1819, was one of American’s unusual literary figures. As an individualist, he rambled through the countryside seeing people and places, and making them his own. His experiences in earning a living were varied : at times he was a printer, a teacher, a carpenter, a nurse, and a newspaper editor. He was a big hearted man, open and accepting. He gave freely of his time by caring for the wounded during the Civil War. Though he lived in the city, he often spent time in the country, developing his strong sense of nature, which carried through to his poems. In 1855, he collected the verses he had written, and published them in one thin volume, “Leaves of Grass” a book which he revised and rewrote all the rest of his life. The book was ridiculed by some poets and generally ignored by the others, probably because his verse forms were not traditional. He had felt that it was necessary to achieve a new poetic form in order to communicate his views. His reputation didn’t grow until after his death, and it reached a high point in 1920s. Since then, Whitman’s style has greatly influenced modern poets.
29. The best title for this passage is …………..
A. Leaves of Grass. B. A Country Man.
C. Poetry : A New Form. D. Walt Whitman.
30. The word “rambled” in line 2 is most similar to the meaning of …….
A. marched excitedly. B. stopped briefly. C. walked slowly. D. travelled quickly.
31. Whitman’s big-heartedness is shown by his …….
A. visiting the countryside. B. caring for the wounded.
C. being an individualist. D. rewriting Leaves of Grass.
32. The passage says that during Whitman’s life time, other poets……..
A. communicated with him. B. praised him.
C. accepted him. D. laughed at him.
33. What is not true about Walt Whitman?
A. He was a farmer. B. He was a a teacher C. He was a a nurse D. He was a printer
Rewrite the following sentences, using the provided word keep meaning as that of the root one.
33. Mai lives in the country. It is so boring there.
Mai wishes ___________________________________________
34. John woke up late, so she didn’t have time for breakfast.
John woke up so __________________________________________
35. The old man was taken to the hospital. He has just died.
The old man _______________________________________________
36. It’s possible to travel to Russia without a visa.
You can’t travel to Russia if______________________________________
Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence, using the word in capital
37. Do you like playing soccer? ( INTERESTED)
38. Hard work leads to success.. (IF)
39. Quoc Hoa enjoys reading books. He particularly enjoys reading thrillers. (KIND)
40. What a pity I live far from my school. (WISH)
Đáp án có trong file tải: Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh sở GD - ĐT Hà Nội năm 2019 - 2020 số 3. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu luyện thi vào lớp 10 các môn học khác như: ôn thi vào lớp 10 môn Toán, ôn thi vào lớp 10 môn Văn, ... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.