Choose the best conjunction for each sentence.
1. I don't drink coffee ________ it makes me nervous.
2. Jerry passed the exam first time ________ I had to retake it three times.
3. ________ my wife likes to travel abroad, I prefer to stay at home for my vacations.
4. ________ Mei Li doesn't speak English, she can't go to university in Canada.
5. I will be late today ________ my car has broken down.
6. Jun couldn't buy any Christmas presents ________ he didn't have any money.
7. ________ it was raining, I didn't get wet.
8. Paula got the job ________ she had no experience.
Combine the sentences using the subordinating conjunction at the end of the sentence.
Choose the right (most-natural-sounding) subordinating conjunction for each of the sentences.
1. ________________ he claims that he is innocent, everyone knows he is guilty.
2. ________________ you're here, I'm going to tell you a secret.
3. ________________ you like him personally, you have to agree that he's done a lot for the company.
4. ________________ I prefer to live in an apartment, my wife wants to buy a house.
5. ________________ I had seen that movie three times, I watched it again.
6. ________________ you already know the answer, why are you asking me?
7. ________________ you go to the beach, call your brother.
8. ________________ giving the money to my sister, I gave it to my cousins.
9. ________________ she calls me, I feel happy.
10. ________________ the test starts, you will not be able to talk.