Đề ôn thi giữa kì 1 lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh năm 2019 - 2020
Đề thi giữa học kì 1 môn tiếng Anh lớp 10
Nằm trong bộ đề thi giữa kì 1 lớp 10 năm 2019 - 2020, đề kiểm tra môn tiếng Anh giữa học kì 1 lớp 10 có đáp án dưới đây gồm nhiều dạng bài tập trắc nghiệm tiếng Anh 10 cơ bản thường xuất hiện trong đề thi chính thức giúp các em học sinh rèn luyện kỹ năng làm bài thi hiệu quả.
1. Read the passage below and choose one correct answer for each question.
According to many experts, violence carried out by the victim’s family members is the most common kind of violence against females. It is called domestic violence. A new report says domestic violence is one of the worst kinds of human rights violations. Such action affects the emotional and physical health of victims. Domestic violence also can be psychological. Victims of repeated psychological violence say emotional torture and living in fear are worse than physical mistreatment. Domestic violence happens because of sex discrimination. Males are considered more important in parts of South Asia, North Africa, the Middle East and China. In some countries, women are considered the property of men. Several men feel that they have the right to punish women in their family. Domestic violence also includes preventing women from getting education or medical care. The people who carry out domestic violence should be punished strictly for their acts.
1. Domestic violence is _________.
A. one that is carried out by the victim’s family members against females
B. one that happens between criminals
C. physical punishment at schools
D. physical punishment for naughty boys
2. Domestic violence affects __________.
A. the victim’s social position
B. the victim’s emotional and physical health
C. the victim’s friendship
D. the victim’s education
3. Domestic violence happens because of _________.
A. sex discrimination
B. race discrimination
D. financial difficulty
4. According to victims of psychological violence, ____________.
A. physical mistreatment is worse than emotional torture and living fear
B. psychological violence is not a big problem
C. emotional torture and living in fear are worse than physical mistreatment
D. emotional torture is worse than living in fear
5. In some countries, _______________.
A. men are considered as more important than women
B. women are considered men’s property
C. men feel they have the right to punish women in their family
D. all are correct
Đáp án: 1. A; 2. B; 3. A; 4. C; 5. D
2. Choose the letter A,B,C or D to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks:
Like many families in Vietnam, my family has some rules. For one thing, all members have to (6)________ the households chores. For instance, my mother usually does the shopping and cooks while my father (7)________ the laundry. My brother (8)______ the floor and I have to wash the dishes. Another rule is that we always have dinner together. Moreover, whenever my brother and I (9)________ out with our friends, we are not allowed to come home later than 9.30 p.m. If we don’t follow these rules, we will (10)______.
6. A. take B. make C. find D. share
7. A. does B. did C. washed D. wash
8. A. is cleaning B. cleans C. doing D. does
9. A. make B. see C. go D. take
10. A. punishing B. punish C. be punished D. be punishing
Đáp án: 6. D; 7. A; 8. B; 9. C; 10. C
Choose the letter A,B,C or to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
11. A. crazy B. cream C. crown D. decide
12. A. psychologist B.duty C. laundry D. grocery
13. A. lunch B. truth C. much D. cup
Đáp án: 11. D; 12. A; 13. B
Choose the letter A,B,C or D to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions.
14. A.household B. ailment C. inspire D. compound
15. A.breadwinner B. allergy C. digestive D. benefit
Đáp án: 14. C; 15. C
II. VOCABULARY AND GRAMMAR:
16. In my family, we______ the chores equally.
17. It is equal to share the household ______ in a family. Husbands should help wives with housework.
18. A letter ________ by my mother now.
A. is writing
B. is being written
D. is written
16.C; 17. B; 18. D
Choose the letter A,B,C or D to indicate the underlined part that needs correcting
19. Look (A) at the clouds (B). It will rain (C).
20. 17 muscles (A) are use (B) when we smile (C) or frown (D).
21. The wedding party _______ held at the Rex Hotel now.
B. is being
C. will be
D. is going to be
22. The man got out of the car, _________round to the back and opened the boot.
23. The train ______ half an hour ago.
A. has been leaving
C. has left
D. had left
24. Christopher Columbus _________ American more than 500 years ago.
B. has discovered
C. had discovered
D. had been discovering
25.The heart and blood vessels are parts of the ________ system.
19. C; 20. B; 21. C; 22. B; 23. B; 24. A; 25. C
1. Put the words/ phrases in the correct order to have correct sentences.
26. a. say that sleep b. the brain c. People often d. is good for
27. a. organ in the body b. which cleans
c. up the blood d. Liver is a large
Đáp án: 26. A; 27. A
2. Change these sentences from active into passive:
28. Fire has destroyed the house.
29. He allows his daughter to buy a new laptop.
> His daughter…………………………………………………………………..
30. We must finish our housework before our parents go home.
> Our homework……………………………………………………………………..
28. The house has been destroyed by the fire.
29. His daughter is allowed to buy a new laptop.
30. Our homework must be finished before our parents go home.
Trên đây là Đề thi tiếng Anh giữa kì 1 lớp 10. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh 10 cả năm khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 10, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 10, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 10, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 10 theo từng Unit trực tuyến,.... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.