Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh năm học 2016 - 2017 Phòng GD-ĐT Vĩnh Tường, Vĩnh Phúc (Lần 1)
Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh năm học 2016 - 2017 có đáp án
Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh năm học 2016 - 2017 Phòng GD-ĐT Vĩnh Tường, Vĩnh Phúc (Lần 1) là tài liệu ôn thi vào lớp 10 mới nhất có kèm đáp án chi tiết. Sau đây mời các em học sinh cùng thử sức nhé!
PHÒNG GD&ĐT VĨNH TƯỜNG
ĐỀ CHÍNH THỨC
ĐỀ THI THỬ VÀO LỚP 10 THPT
NĂM HỌC 2016 - 2017
MÔN: TIẾNG ANH _ LẦN 1 (Ngày 24/5/2016)
Thời gian 60 phút (không kể thời gian giao đề)
A. PHẦN TRẮC NGHIỆM: (40 câu: 8,0 điểm)
Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others.
1. A. stopped B. missed C. cooked D. lived
2. A. stage B. classmate C. advance D. late
3. A. depend B. poet C. equal D. region
Choose the word whose stress pattern is different from that of the others.
4. A. pollution B. dynamite C. describe D. protection
5. A. recent B. suggest C. apply D. divide
Circle the best option A, B, C or D to complete each sentence.
6. ________ I use your computer to check my e-mail?
A. Ought B. May C. Will D. Would
7. She suggested ________ money for the poor people in the region.
A. to save B. saved C. saving D. save
8. That tall woman, ______ career is very successful, usually helps children in this orphanage.
A. that B. what C. which D. whose
9. The teacher advised the children ________ and see the dentist regularly.
A. went B. going C. go D. to go
10. We were made ________ all the cleaning in the house.
A. do B. to do C. doing D. done
11. He ________ the piano since he was a child.
A. practises B. was practising C. practised D. has practised
12. The material and design for men are different from ________ for women.
A. those B. that C. this D. these
13. At night, you can see thousands of stars ________ the sky.
A. from B. on C. in D. at
14. Nobody was in the room, ________?
A. were they B. was they C. weren't they D. wasn't they
15. I ________ do the homework before playing chess if I were you.
A. will B. can C. must D. would
16. - Nam: That's an excellent picture you have painted, Mai! - Mai: __________.
A. It's not bad B. not at tall
C. It's nice of you to say so D. Congratulation
17. We should _________all the electrical appliances when leaving our room.
A. turn off B. turn up C. turn on D. turn down
18. She asked me if I ________ a laptop computer the following day.
A. buy B. bought C. would buy D. will buy
19. Mr. and Mrs. Anderson will never forget their trip to Hue, ________ was the old capital of Vietnam, under the Nguyen dynasty.
A. which B. where C. in which D. that
20. She'd love to go to the party. _________, she had to look after the baby in the evening.
A. However B. Although C. But D. Therefore
Choose the underlined word or phrase that needs correcting.
21. We don't mind to wait for you to finish your homework.
A. homework B. to finish C. to wait D. for
22. We should prepare food careful before turning on the stove.
A. food B. careful C. should D. turning
23. Although he was tired, but he still went to work yesterday.
A. to work B. was C. went D. but
24. I met a lot of interesting people while I was studying at Ho Chi Minh City.
A. at B. interesting C. while D. met
25. When she came to my house this morning, I still slept.
A. this morning B. came C. to D. still slept
Choose the word which best fits each gap of the passage.
By using computers people can do things faster (26)_______by using other means. Computers can do any calculations (27)_______than a skilled mathematician. (28)_______a computer is programmed properly, it can (29)_______accurately. When we look back the history of computer (30)_______, we can see the great differences (31)_______the old computers and the modern ones. The old computers work (32)_______slower than the modern ones. We can use the new generation of computers conveniently because of their small size and many applied programs (33)_______are widely used all over the world. We can get any sorts of information (34)_______the Internet. These are the reasons why computers (35)_______not only at offices but also at homes.
26. A. as B. than C. more D. less
27. A. more rapid B. rapidly C. more rapidly D. as rapidly
28. A. Although B. After C. Because D. If
29. A. work B. take C. make D. run
30. A. science B. scientific C. scientifical D. scientifically
31. A. on B. to C. between D. from
32. A. more B. less C. most D. much
33. A. which B. who C. where D. when
34. A. into B. from C. of D. to
35. A. use B. perform C. appear D. treat
Read the passage and choose the correct answer.
Between the months of November and May, a wind blows from the west in most part of Indonesia. It comes from ocean and carries rain. Clouds build up around the mountains, and every afternoon rain falls. The rain is always heavy, and rivers now become dangerous. When it rains the whole day, they may suddenly overflow and cause great damage to the land.
Most farmers are glad when the wet season begins. There is water for their fields and they can again start growing rice. But people in town are not so glad for the streets soon get muddy and dirty. They prefer the dry seasons when they can sit outside and enjoy cool evening.
36. What comes from the ocean?
A. a river B. a wind C. a rain D. a cloud
37. What causes the rain?
A. Clouds building up around the mountains B. The afternoon
C. The mountains D. The ocean
38. What damages the land?
A. The wet season B. The overflow of the rivers
C. The dry season D. The sudden rain
39. Why can farmers start growing rice again?
A. Because the land has been damaged. B. Because the river overflow.
C. Because there is water for their fields. D. Because the dry season has begun.
40. Why are people in town not so happy in the wet season?
A. Because the streets are full of mud. B. Because the evenings are cool.
C. Because they are muddy and dirty. D. Because they can sit outside.
B. PHẦN TỰ LUẬN (2,0 điểm)
I. SENTENCE TRANSFORMATION
Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first one.
41. They have just sold that old house.
That old house _____________________________________________.
42. It's two years since I last spoke to her.
I haven't ___________________________________________________.
43. Helen plays the piano better than Elizabeth.
Elizabeth doesn't ____________________________________________.
44. Do you remember your first visit to Ho Chi Minh City?
45. Why don't we use banana leaves instead of plastics bags to save energy?
What about _________________________________________________?
II. PARAGRAPH WRITING
Write a paragraph of 120-150 words to talk about Tet or the Lunar New Year in Vietnam.
The following prompts might be helpful to you:
- When it occurs?
- What people do on this occasion?
- Your feelings?
Thí sinh không được sử dụng tài liệu.
Giám thị coi thi không giải thích gì thêm.
Họ và tên: ......................................... SBD: ................