Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh (Chuyên) năm học 2016 - 2017 trường THPT Chuyên Nguyễn Huệ, Hà Nội (Lần 2)
Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh (Chuyên) năm 2016 có đáp án
Trong bài viết này, VnDoc xin giới thiệu Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh (Chuyên) năm học 2016 - 2017 trường THPT Chuyên Nguyễn Huệ, Hà Nội (Lần 2) mới nhất có kèm đáp án cụ thể giúp các em học sinh ôn thi vào lớp 10 hiệu quả. Sau đây mời các em cùng thử sức nhé!
TRƯỜNG THPT CHUYÊN
ĐỀ THI CHÍNH THỨC
ĐỀ KIỂM TRA KIẾN THỨC
VÀO LỚP 10 THPT CHUYÊN
Môn thi: TIẾNG ANH (CHUYÊN)
Ngày thi: 10 tháng 4 năm 2016
Thời gian làm bài: 120 phút
(Đề thi gồm 06 trang)
- Thí sinh điền đáp án vào khung kẻ trống trong đề.
- Thí sinh không được sử dụng bất kỳ loại tài liệu nào kể cả từ điển và điện thoại.
- Giám thị không giải thích gì thêm.
PART I: LISTENING (15 points)
Listen to a conversation between Mrs. Phillips and Robert about library work, answer the questions.
Questions 1-6: Answer the following questions. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer. Write your answers into the box below.
1. What is Mrs. Phillip‟s job at the library?
2. What is Robert‟s job at the library?
3. What time does the library open?
4. What time does Robert can go home after he finishes his duty in the library?
5. Where are fiction and non-fiction books collected?
6. Where can children find their suitable books?
Questions 7-11: Decide whether these statements are True (T) or False (F). Write your answers in the box below.
7. The books in the brown cart are for republishing.
8. The books in the black cart need to be repaired.
9. The white cart books are to be sold as used books to raise money for the laboratory.
10. "Fashion show" is the most popular activity of the library.
11. It costs children nothing to see movies on Saturday noon.
Questions 12-15: Complete the table. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORD AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer. Write your answers into the box below.
|Activity||Location||Day and Time|
|(12) ____________________||Children‟s Room||Thursday at 11:00|
|Family Movies||(13) ____________________||(14) ____________________|
|(15) ____________________||Meeting Room||Friday at 6:30|
PART II: PRONUNCIATION, VOCABULARY & GRAMMAR (35 points)
Questions 16-17: Choose the word (A, B, C or D) whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others. Write your answers into the box below.
16. A. hasty B. nasty C. tasty D. wastage
17. A. rough B. thought C. thorough D. through
Questions 18-20: Choose the word (A, B, C or D) that differs from the others in the position of the primary stress. Write your answers into the box below.
18. A. argumatative B. psychological C. contributory D. hypersensitive
19. A. compensate B. competence C. communist D. commitment
20. A. mysterious B. preferable C. modernity D. historical
Questions 21-30: Choose the best option (A, B, C or D) to complete each of the following sentences. Write your answers into the box below.
21. Although he was completely _______ as a furniture maker, he produced the most beacutiful chairs.
A. unable B. untrained C. incapable D. uneducated
22. There is no point in telephoning him. He‟s certain _______ by now.
A. to leave B. to have left C. left D. having left
23. _______, dolphins have no sense of smell.
A. As known as far B. As far as is known
C. It is known as far D. Known as far as it is
24. When I finish writing this composition, I‟m going to _______ and go to bed.
A. make time B. hit the day C. hit the big time D. call it a day
25. It could have been a lot worse _______ there.
A. when he was not B. whether or not he had been
C. for he had not been D. had he not been
26. _______ kind of organization throughout the world uses computers to conduct business.
A. Virtually every B. Virtually all C. Nearly most D. Nearlly all
27. After a lengthy debate, the spokesman announced the board had _______ a unanimous conclusion.
A. commited B. solved C. reached D. compromised
28. Not only _______ in the project, but he also wanted to become the leader.
A. did Jack involve B. had Jack been involved
C. was Jack involved D. was involved Jack
29. The factory is closed today. The workers are _______ strike because their demand _______ increase _______ pay has not been met.
A. on – for – in B. in – for – in C. for – on – in D. on – in – for
30. _______ snow that covers _______ top of _______ mountain is _______ beautiful sight.
A. The – the – the – the B. The – the – the – a
C. Ø – the – the – the D. Ø – Ø – the – the
Questions 31-35: Find one word that can fill in the blank of the three given sentences. Write your answers into the box below.
a. An _______ a day keeps a doctor away.
b. I am the _______ of our parents‟ eye.
c. The ________ doesn‟t fall far from the tree.
a. They are looking at the _______ of fish in the lake.
b. My younger brother is studying at a private _______.
c. A _______ bus is very popular nowadays.
a. Could you add this up for me? I'm not good at all with _______.
b. The cocktail party was attended by several well-known public _______.
c. Models have to watch their _______ all the time so they eat very carefully.
a. Anna _______ in bed looking at the ceiling and wondering whether or not to get up.
b. I'm going to _______ a dustsheet down on the floor and start painting the walls immediately.
c. Will you _______ the table while I get the meal ready?
a. Why don't more women _______ for public office?
b. Does your car _______ on unleaded petrol or diesel?
c. We are going to _______ a series of advertisements in the local paper.
Questions 36-45: Use the correct form of the bracketed word to complete the passage. (0) has been done as an example. Write your answers into the box below.
What kind of __ education ___(0. EDUCATE), experience and background should we be giving our children? In a _______ (36. COMPETE) western economy, they need to be well-informed and _______ (37. KNOW). In a complex ever-changing modern world, it is _______ (38. ARGUE) that the task of preparing the next generation cannot be carried out within the _______ (39. TRADITION) classroom framework, because acquiring a proper education in this way is simply _______ (40. POSSIBLE). This is where computer-aided learning steps in, providing children with the skills that they will need in tomorrow‟s world, in a one-to-one learner-center environment.
There are those who claim, however, that _______ (41. EXCEED) exposure to computers may prove to be harmful rather than _______ (42. BENEFIT) to children and that is more _______ (43. PRODUCE) for education to take place in the classroom. They say that, although computers seem to hold a _______ (44. RESIST) appeal for some people, particularly young children, it is _______ (45. PREFER) for children to have a person, rather than a machine, for a teacher.