I. Choose the word which underlined part is pronounced differently from the others.
II. Choose the best answer.
5. He became __________ after a car accident.
6. A _______ is a machine which can keep food fresh.
7. _____ is the physical part of the computer system.
8. My mother ____________ English for six years.
9. There was a car crash yesterday. The ______ were taken to the hospital.
10. The young usually ______ to the English speaking club on Sunday.
11. Last night, after Mai _____ her homework, she ______ TV with her parents.
12. Have you ever _________ a lion?
13. When we arrived at his office, he _________ for his house already.
14. An electric cooker is used ________ rice, meat, vegetables.
15. Don’t forget _________ the book I gave you.
16. I used _________ in Da Lat 10 years ago.
17. Tan __________ his friends to his house.
18. Let’s think about the work __________ makes us feel happy!
19. When I was 10, I used _______ a lot of ice cream.
20. It’s the nicest hotel ______ I used to stay.
21. A pen is a thing ______ you can use to write thing.
22. Julia is a nurse so she takes care of the _______ everyday.
23. A ________ person is one who can not see anything.
24. A/An ______ keeps the atmosphere cool or warm.
25. When we ________ at his office, he __________ for his house already.
III. Build sentences base on the suggestions:
26. The children/ have/ every/ reason/ proud/ their efforts.
27. computer/ a/ calculating machine/ speed/ calculations.
28. I/ write/ tell you/ piece/ news.
IV. Read the passage and answer these following question.
Mr Tam is an old company director. He said, "I wasn't worried when my son bought a computer. After a lot of children have parents who don't understand computer. But when my secretary asked me for a computer in the office I really became worried. So I decided to take some computing lessons and my son became my teacher. But after a few lessons I began to feel tired because I really didn't understand at all. So I made an excuse. Since then I haven't said anything about the computer to my son and my secretary".
V. Rewrite sentences using the passive voice.
33. They have showed more than 50 films in Hanoi since June.
→ More than 50 films ____________________________
34. The farmers have grown trees in this region.
→ Trees ________________________________
35. The government has built some new schools for disabled children.
→ Some new schools ______________________
36. Many tourists have visited Casa Loma castle in Canada.
→ Casa Loma castle in Canada _______________________
37. These famous doctors have cured many deadly diseases since they move to this town.
→ Many deadly diseases ___________________________
38. He was sitting in the emergency room. It was very crowded.
→ He was sitting _______________________________
Combine the sentence.
39. The doctor asked him to lie down. She looked very worried.
→ The doctor who _________________________
Combine the sentence.
40. They are going to take a mid- test next week.
→ A mid- term test ____________________________