Bài kiểm tra năng lực đầu năm môn tiếng Anh lớp 10 (Bài số 4)
Bài kiểm tra năng lực đầu năm môn tiếng Anh lớp 10
VnDoc.com xin giới thiệu đến các bạn Bài kiểm tra năng lực đầu năm môn tiếng Anh lớp 10 (Bài số 4) do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải dưới đây sẽ là nguồn tài liệu học tập và ôn thi hữu ích trước khi các bạn bước vào ki thi chính thức. Sau đây mời các bạn vào tham khảo.
I. Complete the sentences with past simple affirmative and negative forms of be.
1. There ________ any English books in the shop, only French ones.
2. All the shops ________ closed on Christmas Day.
3. Why ________ Ann late for her lessons yesterday morning?
4. My brother ________ the best player in the school football team last year.
5. ________ you at the concert on Saturday?
6. Is Peter ill? He ________ at work yesterday.
7. They ________ in Egypt on holiday last summer.
II. Complete the sentences. Use the past simple affirmative and negative forms of beand can.
1. He ________ open his front door because his keys ________ in his pocket. He was very angry!
2. Her glasses ________ broken, so she ________ read the newspaper very easily.
3. He ________ drive a car when he ________ ten! He's a fast learner!
4. The students ________ go to school because the road ________ open. They were very happy!
5. Our homework ________ very easy, so we ________ do it in half an hour!
III. Complete the sentences with the past simple affirmative form of the verbs below.
cycle, decide, hurry, park, pass, stay, study, want
1. We ________ our car in the car park, opposite the library.
2. My aunt ________ medicine at Cambridge University.
3. I ________ to school because I was late for my lessons.
4. I ________ fifteen miles yesterday morning.
5. My mum ________ at home with my brother yesterday.
6. When I was a child I ________ to be an actor.
7. They ________ to buy a holiday house in Portugal.
8. All students ________ the test at the end of the course.
IV. Complete the sentences. Write the places in brackets correctly.
1. Is there a ___________ (arc kapr) near here?
2. Sorry, but the ___________ (esummu) is closed today.
3. Excuse me! I'm looking for the _________ (stop coffei).
4. What time does the swimming pool in the ___________ (reelius certen) open?
5. I'm studying in the __________ (ralibyr) tomorrow.
6. I asked for directions at the __________ (lepico satinot)!
7. There's a very good café in the _________ (crentoc lahl).
V. Complete the replies with the words below.
awful, cheap, clean, difficult, old, safe, slow
1. It's dangerous to feed the animals! I don't think so! It's quite __________!
2. Mara's party was fantastic! Oh no, I think it was __________!
3. Richard has a very expensive watch. Really? I'm quite happy with a __________ one!
4. The streets here are very dirty. Yes, but the parks are very __________!
5. The museum is in a modern building. That's right! Next to the __________ bridge.
6. Is it easy for you to study maths? Not really! It's quite __________!
7. Can we take a fast train? Sorry, but there are only seats on the ________ one!
VI. Put the words in the correct order to make questions.
1. please/ information/ can/ me/ you/ some/ give _________________________________?
2. know/ you/ to/ like/ what/ would _________________________________?
3. you/ I/ how/ help/ can _________________________________?
4. is/ me/ you/ where/ the/ tell/ can/ museum _________________________________?
5. do/ open/ close/ time/ and/ you/ what _________________________________?
6. in/ cost/ much/ to/ it/ how/ does/ get _________________________________?
USE OF ENGLISH
VII. Complete the sentences with the words below. There is one word that you do not need.
angry, bored, cooked, could, couldn’t, hungry, ordered, proud, relaxed, visited, worried
1. Alison wanted to give her boyfriend a surprise for his birthday, so she _________dinner for him. She made him roast beef, but he was very _________ with her because he’s a vegetarian!
2. Susan _________find the plane ticket for her flight to Berlin, so she was very _________. But she found it in her jacket yesterday!
3. I arrived home from work very late last night. I was really _________but I didn’t want to make anything, so I just _________ a pizza.
4. Last month, I went on holiday with my friends to the Canary Islands. But my friends just _________on the beach every day, so I was really _________ for the whole of the holiday.
5. Ben’s parents were really _________of his little sister when she was young, because she _________ talk when she was only nine months old.
VIII. Listen to the conversation at the tourist information centre. Choose the correct answers.
1. When does the swimming pool open?
A. 7 a.m. B. 8 a.m. C. 9.15 a.m.
2. When does the leisure centre close?
A. 7.30 p.m. B. 8.15 p.m. C. 9.30 p.m.
3. How much does the swimming pool cost for children?
A. €2 per hour B. €5 per hour C. €15 per day
4. Which place is not open all day?
A. leisure centre B. swimming pool C. museum
5. How much does the museum cost?
A. €0 B. €2.30 C. €3
IX. Read the text. A visit to the museum
It was Thursday, but the routine wasn’t the same. There was a school trip to the museum in the capital city. 1_____________________. But some of them were a bit nervous about the long bus trip ahead. Karol was in the back seat with his friends. 2_________________.
When they arrived in the city, the teacher showed them the parliament, the cathedral, the national concert hall – and then took them to the museum.
3___________________. Science was interesting for Karol – you could push buttons and switch on machines. But ancient history was terrible! Karol was bored. He put his mobile phone behind an old book, and two minutes later there was a rude noise in the room. Everyone laughed, but not the teacher. 4_____________________.
Karol decided to look around the museum on his own. He went down some stairs, along a corridor and past some offices. It was very quiet and then very dark. 5___________________. There was a light under a door, and voices whispered, 'Karol! Karol!' He opened the door and walked into a bright but empty room. Suddenly Karol was scared. He turned round and tried to leave, but he couldn’t open the door. And now he didn't have his mobile phone! Was this real? Was he asleep or awake? He waited to hear an alarm clock, but everything was silent.
Match the sentences A–E with the gaps 1–5 in the text.
1. 'Now this is my phone!' he shouted, angrily.
2. There weren’t any people down here – or were there?
3. They chatted and listened to music on their mobile phones or MP3 players.
4. Inside the museum, the teacher suggested having a look around before lunch.
5. Most of the students were happy to leave school behind.
X. Choose two of the situations below. Write two messages using the correct phrases for each situation.
Message of congratulation: a friend passed a driving test.
Message of sympathy: a friend broke their leg when they were playing football.
Phone message: to your parents/ from your sister/ she missed the train.
Thank-you note: you received a music gift voucher from your aunt and uncle.